Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

RochesterRob
1 minute ago, Ninety-4 said:

MHJ likely gone way before 6.  

Most likely and it might cost more than I anticipate to move up to 6.  Some mocks have the first four draft slots going to QB's pushing other positions down the order.  The only thing that matters is Beane and his ranking of the receivers this year.  He may very well like a guy who may be there at 28.  

• Like 4

Mahoney

I can't imagine MHJ slipping past the Chargers. They're in the same boat as we are with no WR1.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

RochesterRob
30 minutes ago, Mahoney said:

I can't imagine MHJ slipping past the Chargers. They're in the same boat as we are with no WR1.

I think that they grab a WR as well but teams sometimes surprise on draft day.

• Like 2

I hope he’s right!

I think we are grossly underestimating the impact that Curtis Samuel is going to have on this offense and for Josh Allen.

He has succeeded in the past with wide receivers who create separation and there are few better than Samuel in that department (ranked 13th in the #NFL with 3.3 yards, an ELITE number).

Also as mentioned in the past that his best years were under Joe Brady and I expect with the departure of Stefon Diggs that Samuel will have a primary role in the weekly gameplan.

His versatility is going to be an incredible asset in both his inside and outside flexibility.

Samuel, Kincaid and Shakir are extremely versatile and will benefit from each other.

I expect Curtis Samuel to have 85-95 targets, 850 yards receiving yards and 6-8 touchdowns, with potentially some usage in the rushing attack.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 3

Nouseforaname
9 hours ago, Ann said:

I hope he’s right!

I think we are grossly underestimating the impact that Curtis Samuel is going to have on this offense and for Josh Allen.

He has succeeded in the past with wide receivers who create separation and there are few better than Samuel in that department (ranked 13th in the #NFL with 3.3 yards, an ELITE number).

Also as mentioned in the past that his best years were under Joe Brady and I expect with the departure of Stefon Diggs that Samuel will have a primary role in the weekly gameplan.

His versatility is going to be an incredible asset in both his inside and outside flexibility.

Samuel, Kincaid and Shakir are extremely versatile and will benefit from each other.

I expect Curtis Samuel to have 85-95 targets, 850 yards receiving yards and 6-8 touchdowns, with potentially some usage in the rushing attack.

What does his Twitter account look like?

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Ann said:

Wow

Total, or average per catch or target?

Because I'm thinking Gabe would be ranked much higher on a per catch/target rating in 2022, just on the strength of that Pittsburgh game alone.

• Like 1

Again, it’s hard to get many YAC if you’re catching the ball within ten yards of the end zone. 

• Like 1

Spartacus

interesting that smart, versatile and must catch are Beane's buzz words now

not explosive and fast 

McConkey and Tez Walker are the likely targets, with hopefully a trade down from 28 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/brandon-beane-bills-dont-need-a-true-no-1-receiver

The Bills recently traded receiver Stefon Diggs to the Texans. It has created a widespread belief that the Bills will be looking for a No. 1 receiver in the first round of the draft.

Bills G.M. Brandon Beane disputed that narrative on Thursday.

“What you need are guys that in this offense that are smart, versatile, selfless, and can make the plays that their skillset allows them to make,” Beane told reporters, via Dan Fetes of WHAM.

SquirminThurman
On 4/3/2024 at 6:34 PM, Blessed Believer said:

I bet there are plenty of #2 and #3 type WRs available now as we speak as free agents. 

I hope Bills can move up and grab a potential #1 WR in the draft.  We should try to trade with Joe Schoen since he owes us something fierce for fleecing our coaches and players. Give him our #1 and a #2 and our #1 next year to move up to #6 in round one. Then we can be assured we have a stud. -BB

Schoen is trying to keep his job after botching the Dan Jones/ Barkley decision. I can see both the GM and HC out after a bad year in NY. Recent interviews show Schoen still defending the decision. It will take down Dabs too. Dabs>Schoen at this point.

Giants are in position to draft a QB. #6 is in the running, and could get a top 3-4 QB in a deep QB draft. Let's see what happens.

SquirminThurman
On 4/13/2024 at 5:09 AM, Ann said:

I hope he’s right!

Samuel was at best a #2 even on his own team with DJ Moore.

That was young Samuel. Pencil him in as WR#2, WR#1 is a high level of copium by Bills fans.

Edited by SquirminThurman

Ninety-4
On 4/20/2024 at 7:48 PM, SquirminThurman said:

Samuel was at best a #2 even on his own team with DJ Moore.

That was young Samuel. Pencil him in as WR#2, WR#1 is a high level of copium by Bills fans.

Maybe so, and he was very young and played with not-so-good-then Cam Newton and Kyle Allen.  New year, new team, new playbook and upgraded QB.  '24 could be the best year of his career.  The opportunity is there.  

Edited by Ninety-4
  • Cheers 2

SquirminThurman
On 4/21/2024 at 5:14 PM, Ninety-4 said:

Maybe so, and he was very young and played with not-so-good-then Cam Newton and Kyle Allen.  New year, new team, new playbook and upgraded QB.  '24 could be the best year of his career.  The opportunity is there.  

I understand the hope. I do. Keep in mind in Carolina he had DJ Moore (an underrated #1 WR IMO), and in Washington he had Scary Terry drawing coverage. As much as we like Kincaid and Shakir neither is drawing coverage like DJ Moore/ Scary Terry of Diggs did.

Jabba The Hutt
25 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

I understand the hope. I do. Keep in mind in Carolina he had DJ Moore (an underrated #1 WR IMO), and in Washington he had Scary Terry drawing coverage. As much as we like Kincaid and Shakir neither is drawing coverage like DJ Moore/ Scary Terry of Diggs did.

Please leave Kincaid open...not to mention McConkey:classic_love:

SquirminThurman
1 hour ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Please leave Kincaid open...not to mention McConkey:classic_love:

You have been day 1 fan of McConkey. Duly noted. I like him more and more as the draft season is upon us.

Will be a tough decision if the all world athlete AD Mitchell is there with McConkey at #28. Do you go safe and productive with McConkey, or do you swing for the fences with AD Mitchell?

If it goes haywire and blows up in round 1, how do you like Ricky Pearsall in round 2? Very similar guy. McConkey can play more on the outside, but Pearsall could be a stud #3.

If it does go haywire and Bills are looking WR in round 2 my guy is Xavier Legette.