Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

11 minutes ago, Rochesterny said:

Interesting point. My question would be would you take another weapon say WR as oppose refortifying the o-line to help bring a balance to offense between pass and run and providing Allen more protection?

I don't know how this draft looks yet but based on Beane's draft mantra, I don't see a first rounder going on an interior OLineman unless the draft falls in an odd way.  I also think we're discounting just how beat up this group is - the injuries and what guys have played through are not normal in any season.  Hopefully this is an aberration.

Spencer Brown is still very young and has off the charts athletic measurables.  I think the team still views him as a long term answer up front.  Doyle's injury this season was unfortunate for much the same reason.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

57 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

A small part of me thinks this is as much to show Shakir the ropes as anything.  He's the future.

I also think it's paramount to get another weapon from somewhere (preferably the top of the draft) this offseason.

38 minutes ago, Ann said:

Yes to all. I think McKenzie is a fun guy, but cannot be counted on to catch and hold the ball. I think he's gone next year. And yes, they need to draft a WR2. Davis has flashed, but is inconsistent. 

This offense cannot continue to be only Josh Allen mixed in  with Allen to Diggs. It needs more. 

Yup, our last few drafts since Josh have been mostly defense at the top, followed by an OL or RB sprinkled here or there other than the trade for Diggs. Almost as bad as the Gailey years where he thought he could continue with what hew had on offense and drafted almost exclusively defense. 

We can't keep doing that, and while I still think Gabe develops, we can't bank it so need to draft just in case. All the talk in the offseason of us being deep at receiver promised to only be hopium and that won't win Super Bowls. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rochesterny said:

This is interesting John brown now possibly Beasley if we get the 2019 brown and Beasley is Beasley then this will be a boost. Play McKenzie and Davis in rotation. Maybe that might be what needed to light a fire. Learn from them. Just my take. TBH I’m really surprised with gabe Davis I thought this was going to be a breakout year. Maybe need another year. Don’t know. Just do not comprehend Davis situation right now. Maybe some one on this forum can enlighten me because I’m perplexed.

Davis is interesting because based on the eyeball test I 100% agree that I expected more this year and he needs to be better, but looking at the numbers one could argue he is having a breakout season. He’s already set a career high for receiving yards with 4 games left to play. He’s on pace for almost 1000 yards receiving, and will likely tie or set a career high for touchdown catches as well. His catch percentage is basically what it always has been which I think on paper at least is the biggest disappointment, but comparing the overall numbers to what I and a lot of other fans expected I wonder if maybe our expectations were simply too high. While no one realistically expects the KC playoff game or even the Steelers game earlier this year on a week to week basis, seeing those performances out of him may have skewed what we believe the baseline should be on a week to week basis. 

• Like 5
  • Cheers 1

I’m delighted to read that they re-signed Beasley!  I almost want to go ATOP to read their meltdowns. You know they will be. Schadenfreude at its finest. 
66e8e228dc6457bcca4f7c8a945bed88

• Haha 4
  • Cheers 3
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I’m delighted to read that they re-signed Beasley!  I almost want to go ATOP to read their meltdowns. You know they will be. Schadenfreude at its finest. 

It's amazing to me that there are still people getting Covid vaccinations.  People are out of their &#%$ing minds to believe anything they're being sold is true.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I just checked in over there. There’s a lot of posts alluding to there being bad blood between Beasley and the team when he left. Did I miss something? I recall a lot of fans getting their knickers in a twist over his views on the vax and the league’s covid policy, and Bease wasn’t shy about sharing how he felt about how he was being treated by that portion of the fan base, but I don’t remember anything suggesting ill will within OBD. 

• Like 3
  • I don't know 1

56 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

Davis is interesting because based on the eyeball test I 100% agree that I expected more this year and he needs to be better, but looking at the numbers one could argue he is having a breakout season. He’s already set a career high for receiving yards with 4 games left to play. He’s on pace for almost 1000 yards receiving, and will likely tie or set a career high for touchdown catches as well. His catch percentage is basically what it always has been which I think on paper at least is the biggest disappointment, but comparing the overall numbers to what I and a lot of other fans expected I wonder if maybe our expectations were simply too high. While no one realistically expects the KC playoff game or even the Steelers game earlier this year on a week to week basis, seeing those performances out of him may have skewed what we believe the baseline should be on a week to week basis. 

I don't think he's been healthy all season and that's at least part of the reason he's struggling.  I suspect we'll hear a lot more about it once the season is over.

That said, I'm very disappointed in his hands.  Consistency is generally what separates wide receivers and he's been insanely inconsistent.  He makes some ridiculous catches under duress and then drops easy ones.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Made up nonsense.  CB11's problem was the way he was treated in the local community and media and he had every right to be pissed about it - this is America and freedom of choice isn't supposed to be lip service.  He may have been unhappy with the team being mostly silent over it but in the grand scheme, that's pretty much the only play.

The hive think in this world is mind numbing.

Yeah, that’s essentially how I remembered it. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Too bad the first down didn't count, because not enough YAC.

Yes. That’s exactly how we remember it. He got enough yards on the catch but they didn’t give him the first down because he had zero yards after the catch. Oh, and he refused the vax. [/ATOPVAXNAZIS]

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Yes. That’s exactly how we remember it. He got enough yards on the catch but they didn’t give him the first down because he had zero yards after the catch. Oh, and he refused the vax. [/ATOPVAXNAZIS]

That alone is a 15 yard penalty so he really only got 7 yards on that play

• Applause 1

10 minutes ago, Cinga said:

That alone is a 15 yard penalty so he really only got 7 yards on that play

That’s how we remember it too. He cost us the game because he refused the jab(s). [/ATOPVAXNAZIS]

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's amazing to me that there are still people getting Covid vaccinations.  People are out of their &#%$ing minds to believe anything they're being sold is true.

Amazing isn't even a strong enough word. I've at least gotten to a point where when I see someone wearing a mask, I give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they have to be particularly careful about getting sick.

Then I get on a Zoom call with a work-at-home consultant who is literally in an office in his home, all alone, wearing a mask, and I think "We are so phucked...."

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Amazing isn't even a strong enough word. I've at least gotten to a point where when I see someone wearing a mask, I give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they have to be particularly careful about getting sick.

Then I get on a Zoom call with a work-at-home consultant who is literally in an office in his home, all alone, wearing a mask, and I think "We are so phucked...."

There was a moment early on when they wanted to have that be a thing - like a solidarity movement.  "If we're on a Zoom call, regardless of where you are, you should be wearing a mask."

AD:  You're going to have to fire me and everyone who works for me because I will NEVER do that, nor will I tell anyone that works for me to do it either (people in my business tend to be ex-military who aren't exactly "conformists".  Ironic but understandable).  Let's just say there was no talk of it after, even though I'm sure plenty went on behind the scenes about their options.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Alaska Darin said:

There was a moment early on when they wanted to have that be a thing - like a solidarity movement.  "If we're on a Zoom call, regardless of where you are, you should be wearing a mask."

AD:  You're going to have to fire me and everyone who works for me because I will NEVER do that, nor will I tell anyone that works for me to do it either (people in my business tend to be ex-military who aren't exactly "conformists".  Ironic but understandable).  Let's just say there was no talk of it after, even though I'm sure plenty went on behind the scenes about their options.

I would have just left it at "no."  Maybe with a little chuckle thrown in.

I think I've mentioned before...in early Feb of 2022, I told my boss "I'm working from home full-time for the foreseeable future, because of this virus starting to go around.  My sister-in-law's high risk.  And I'm not flying to Colorado in March, because everything will be shut down by then."  I was laughed at.  A month later, same people are leaving their Amazon packages on their porch for three days because they were scared of getting infected by cardboard.

Being smarter than just about everyone around me just sucks most of the time.

• O Rly 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

Really fair points agree with you on the numbers. Suppose my point is that was hoping to give diggs some relief. Somehow got to find more opportunities to get open and separation. Also, like other team members when ball hits your hand or between the numbers got to make those catches. That is my take feel free realign me if I am off here.

• Like 4