Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL 2024 Season

Foxx

Uncle Joe
14 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Saw a tweet which stated that rice rented the lambo and was the only one that was allowed to drive.

So if he has a fall guy, his insurance is not going to pay to replace the car and he will be stuck with the bill for the car at approximately 250k.  If he has no fall guy, he just committed a crime.  

Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy 😂😂😂

I have been told that nothing corners like a rental car 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Popcorn 1

Stadium tax fails in Jackson County.

Polls have closed in Missouri’s municipal elections, marking the end to a contentious debate in Jackson County over a stadium tax benefiting the Kansas City Royals and Chiefs.

Voters weighed in on a ballot question authorizing a 3/8th-cent sales tax throughout the county for the next 40 years to help pay for the construction of a new Royals stadium in the East Crossroads and renovations for the Chiefs at Arrowhead.

• Like 2

Bills Circle The Wagons
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Stadium tax fails in Jackson County.

Polls have closed in Missouri’s municipal elections, marking the end to a contentious debate in Jackson County over a stadium tax benefiting the Kansas City Royals and Chiefs.

Voters weighed in on a ballot question authorizing a 3/8th-cent sales tax throughout the county for the next 40 years to help pay for the construction of a new Royals stadium in the East Crossroads and renovations for the Chiefs at Arrowhead.

I think this could change the Kansas City Royals mind to build a baseball stadium downtown. Which affects the Kansas City Chiefs because they wanted the Kansas City Royals to move out of the Kansas City sports complex. I personally think they both should stay where they are. If it isn’t broke don’t fix it sort of thing. The Kansas City Royals just went through a makeover of Royals stadium. What the Kansas City Chiefs are proposing can be done with the Kansas City Royals staying at the Kansas City sports complex in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
7 hours ago, Bills Circle The Wagons said:

I think this could change the Kansas City Royals mind to build a baseball stadium downtown. Which affects the Kansas City Chiefs because they wanted the Kansas City Royals to move out of the Kansas City sports complex. I personally think they both should stay where they are. If it isn’t broke don’t fix it sort of thing. The Kansas City Royals just went through a makeover of Royals stadium. What the Kansas City Chiefs are proposing can be done with the Kansas City Royals staying at the Kansas City sports complex in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

It failed miserably.  Hard to say the direction it takes now.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Spartacus
5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

It failed miserably.  Hard to say the direction it takes now.

how did those voters get access to the fun & games going on with Bills stadium financing and PSL's?

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

how did those voters get access to the fun & games going on with Bills stadium financing and PSL's?

It's an interesting "post vote" read where the exit polling was essentially "the teams didn't give enough detail on what they were really going to do" being the overwhelming reason why people didn't vote for the measure.

Frankly a 3/8th cent sales tax amounts to basically nothing.  Compared to the standard fleecing in liberal states, it's almost a non-issue.  I was reading something the other day that Florida literally spends 50% less per citizen than NYS does.  That doesn't seem even remotely possible until you look at the populations and budgets...yet it's 100% true.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Chandemonium
16 minutes ago, Hedge said:

And 🙃

The lawyer says we should look at his entire body of work, but examples of charitable works, contributions to the community, etc that would help with redeeming his image are conspicuously  absent from the statement. All I know about his entire body of work is that he’s good enough at catching a football to make it to the NFL, and he likes street racing in rental cars on busy interstates and then leaving the scene of an accident he caused. One of those far outweighs the other in my mind. I’m not saying he’s a terrible person, but at a minimum it shows incredibly poor judgement and cowardice. 

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
48 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

The lawyer says we should look at his entire body of work, but examples of charitable works, contributions to the community, etc that would help with redeeming his image are conspicuously  absent from the statement. All I know about his entire body of work is that he’s good enough at catching a football to make it to the NFL, and he likes street racing in rental cars on busy interstates and then leaving the scene of an accident he caused. One of those far outweighs the other in my mind. I’m not saying he’s a terrible person, but at a minimum it shows incredibly poor judgement and cowardice. 

These guys, for the most part, are kids who've been The Man everywhere they've been, never learned a whole lot of self control, and end up being showered with money.

"Poor judgement" is par for the course.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

IDBillzFan
1 hour ago, Chandemonium said:

The dude abandoned a woman and 4-year-old child he almost killed to run away with his guns and drugs.

That's all the 'entire body of work' anyone needs to know.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 3
  • FANtastic 1

New info is the alleged drugs amount.

</snip>

“I want to say on behalf of Mr. Rice that he has fully cooperated with the Dallas Police Department,” Rice’s attorney, state Sen. Royce West, said. "We will continue to cooperate with them regarding this particular accident.”

Per a recently obtained police report, 10.8 grams (less than one ounce) of marijuana was found in the Lamborghini Rice was driving, an amount that would result in a Class B misdemeanor charge in Texas.

Class B misdemeanors are punishable by up to 180 days in jail and a fine not to exceed $2,000.

West told media members he hadn't been approached by police about that part of the investigation--but described his client as a kid who made a mistake.

</snip>

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, Nanker said:

I hope he pays for his “mistake.”

He will...but it'll be money and not time.  There are different rules for people who can afford lawyers (I know most people know this).

I'm very curious if he was raised in a single parent home but I'm not willing to delve into his story because frankly I'm tired of these entitled losers and their mouthpieces who talk about this stuff so cavalierly.

I constantly have to point out to people "what if that was your wife/child/daughter/etc" when they show empathy for whatever horrible thing has been done.  The current climate of Israeli versus Palestinian has been a topic far too often with far too many people not understanding the law of blowback.  If you cross a specific line with any alpha male, you are risking your extinction and the extinction of those you associate with.  That is historical fact.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2