Around the NFL 2024 Season

Foxx

On 4/8/2024 at 10:41 AM, Ann said:

That’s the spirit, you team player you. 

Fansince88
2 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Times to head over to chiefs planet 

:popcorn3:

MEH. I'm done reveling in the enemy's sorrows. Seems to always pay back double fold.

• Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

Packers equipment manager 'Red' Batty to retire

Longtime Green Bay Packers equipment manager Gordon "Red" Batty is retiring.

Batty has worked for the Packers for 30 years. He began in the equipment field at age 14 as an equipment assistant for his hometown Montreal Alouettes in the Canadian Football League. Six years later, he was elevated to equipment manager.

During his tenure, the Alouettes won two CFL championships, taking the Grey Cup in 1974 and 1977.

From 1981-93, Batty worked for the Houston Oilers.

During Batty's tenure, the Packers won three NFC championships and two Super Bowls.

</snip>

• Like 1

Blessed Believer
2 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Giants signing Jordan Phillips.

Stay healthy big guy.

He’s 31, slowing down…I thought he said he was thinking of retiring?  If he doesn’t retire, he may do well enough to give All Pro Dexter Lawrence a rest every now and then. 

• Like 3

Who’s the third team?

Brandon Aiyuk has officially requested a trade from the 49ers, per confirmation from my San Francisco source.

Benjamin Allbright & 49ersSportsTalk have also done some preliminary reporting on this story.

As of Sunday morning, April 14, the Steelers have been the most aggressive in pursuing a trade for Aiyuk, with the Ravens also expressing interest.

. My source indicates there’s a 3rd ‘mystery team’ that is coming on strong for Aiyuk, but they refused to divulge any further information.

• O Rly 2

Carptom1
On 4/10/2024 at 5:26 PM, Ann said:

What a dipshit, this is going to cost him immensely in terms of his future. Just in cars alone he will be approaching 500k. Ad in a couple million in lawsuits, lost playing time and goodwill and he could easily play the next couple years for free if he is playing at all. I hope he realizes how lucky he is that he is not in a situation such as Riggs of the Raiders. Information is coming out about the injury of a couple of the victims. At least one fairly serious. Of course the injury lawyers will be looking for a big payday. Maybe Hunt will just write a big check like he did with Andy’s son. Honestly sometimes it is hard to pull for these idiots. What a mess. At least the Royals are smoking hot, it has kept the local media busy instead of hearing about this all the time.

• Cheers 3