Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Week 10: BILLS @ Cardinals : The Aftermath

Ann

13 hours ago, Ann said:

That catch was all Hopkins.  :censored:

It damn sure didn't involve any of the THREE defensive backs surrounding him!  What a crushing  loss.... 

Edited by Keukasmallie

BuffaloHokie13
26 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

you have a fough couple of weeks between the Hokies last 5 Vs Liberty, then the Miami game, then this..yikes, you needed a drink!

Yeah, definitely some heartbreakers in there recently. Thank God for good bourbon. 

22 minutes ago, poncho said:

Bills defense sucks! Frazier & McD had better find a way to get it fixed or Miami will win the AFCE & Bills will pray for help for a wild card spot.

could be better when they aren't starting a CB that was bagging groceries last week

My 14 yr old's words of wisdom that summed up yesterday's feeling, "Well, at least now the NFL will have a highlight that will replace Josh Norman getting swatted like a rag doll."

After the go ahead TD I said to my wife if the Bills lose this one it will be because of a miracle. LOL

I thought Klein had another great game, he was all over the field. Allen did what he had to do and had the Bills ahead with 38 seconds left. Should have been a win but I am not feeling bad about this one at all.

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I honestly turned the game off after Allen's second INT, so I was spared the emotional rollercoaster that was the comeback and hail Mary. After the flurry of penalties, defense clearly wearing down, and offense sputtering I just couldn't watch any more. Had to go play call of duty and have a drink instead. 

That's too bad. Allen didn't have a very good game, but his last drive to take the lead at the end was pretty terrific, including a great one-handed grab by Beasley to get a first down. Clearly Beasley's best game as a Bill as he was catching everything to move the chains. 

Remove the miracle at the end and the NFL world is talking about the Josh/Diggs TD at the end. Incredible throw and catch.

Yes it hurt to lose, but this team's best football is in front of them, not behind them.

• Like 3

After I was lamenting to my husband this morning that I could not believe the Bills had lost on that lucky/fluke play, he reminded me that the Bills were on their way to losing the Patriots game until Zimmer punched out the ball on a lucky/fluke play.  It happens. Sucks it happened to the Bills, but Hopkins really made a catch.

BuffaloHokie13
3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

That's too bad. Allen didn't have a very good game, but his last drive to take the lead at the end was pretty terrific, including a great one-handed grab by Beasley to get a first down. Clearly Beasley's best game as a Bill as he was catching everything to move the chains. 

Remove the miracle at the end and the NFL world is talking about the Josh/Diggs TD at the end. Incredible throw and catch.

Yes it hurt to lose, but this team's best football is in front of them, not behind them.

Eh, I'm still quite optimistic on the team. I was just done with that game in that moment. I actually saw the score update on my phone with 0:34 left and commented on how they appeared to have responded well to my expressed disappointment lol. Thankful for the bye, as we need to recover and prepare for a run in this final stretch.

BuffaloHokie13

In reading a tweet from Diggs this morning, I'm now wondering. Should Diggs or Davis have been out there on that last play to compete for the jump ball?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

In reading a tweet from Diggs this morning, I'm now wondering. Should Diggs or Davis have been out there on that last play to compete for the jump ball?

That was my Q in the gameday thread.  Many teams put their tallest WRs in coverage.  Gronk was always in for *Patriots*

BuffaloHokie13
6 minutes ago, GG1 said:

That was my Q in the gameday thread.  Many teams put their tallest WRs in coverage.  Gronk was always in for **Patriots*

And this is compounded by the fact that we were without Norman, Wallace, and Jackson. Is it a major drop-off from Worley who just signed this week to a big bodied receiver? I think not.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

And this is compounded by the fact that we were without Norman, Wallace, and Jackson. Is it a major drop-off from Worley who just signed this week to a big bodied receiver? I think not.

To be fair, Jackson came back, but was covering the other side of the EZ.  Still, it would have helped to have a few more inches on that vertical.

BuffaloHokie13
3 minutes ago, GG1 said:

To be fair, Jackson came back, but was covering the other side of the EZ.  Still, it would have helped to have a few more inches on that vertical.

Oh that's great news on Jackson! Didn't realize 

Lost power right at the beginning of the game, finally got a generator set up in time to catch the last 10 minutes of the 4th quarter.

I can't really be mad that the Bills lost by a miracle Hail Mary pass. It was a damned amazing catch by one of the best WRs in the league.

8 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Or....We can enjoy our life and family and put football aside for 2 weeks.....just a thought. I agree on the 7-3. This loss in my mind is much easier to stomach then the other 2. We were in this and lost because of a phenomenal play with 3 seconds left. Nobody needs to get fired. Everybody needs to get healthy. Perhaps Mitch will be active and playing. Perhaps Brown will get healthy. Perhaps out run game will get figured out. Perhaps a week apart will stop the Covid concerns. LETS GO BILLS!!

You're a better man than I am because it's a day latter and it still stings.  We had this game won.

5 hours ago, Joe said:

At this point I'm resigned to the Bills being a wildcard.

Just looked at Miami's schedule, they've won 5 straight, and have denver, Jets and Bengals coming up. They're going to be 9-3.

That's a foregone conclusion. Then they have a couple tough ones, KC and LV.

Question is, will the Chiefs and Raiders beat them? If they win even ONE of those two, it's going to be hard for the Bills to win the division.

I think Miami gets upset one of their next three putting them at 8-4.  I've got them going 1-2 (beat *Patriots, lose to Chiefs and Raiders) after that.  That puts them at 9-6 coming into the Ralph.  We could go 1-4 and still have a shot to win the division in the final game.  Conceding the division right now is silly.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You're a better man than I am because it's a day latter and it still stings.  We had this game won.

Agreed. Last night was one of those sleeps where I wake up in the middle of the night and that catch is what pops into my mind. So disappointing.

The key will be how they come back from the bye week. Will they come back focused like the Rams did yesterday after their embarrassing loss to Miami, or will the come back like the Eagles, who looked as if they took the entire two weeks off and got together for the first time to suit up for the Giants?

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GG1 said:

Or at least throw an elbow into Hopkins' gut while he's up there at the top of his jump.