Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Week 10: BILLS @ Cardinals : The Aftermath

Ann

24 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Agreed. Last night was one of those sleeps where I wake up in the middle of the night and that catch is what pops into my mind. So disappointing.

The key will be how they come back from the bye week. Will they come back focused like the Rams did yesterday after their embarrassing loss to Miami, or will the come back like the Eagles, who looked as if they took the entire two weeks off and got together for the first time to suit up for the Giants?

We were in a similar spot last year after the Browns loss (albeit not as heartbreaking).  We beat Miami, Denver, and the Cowboys pretty handidly.  McD is also 3-0 here coming off a bye week although we were sluggish last season hosting the Fins.  I have faith in our coaching staff and hopefully the Chargers will be a "get right" game.

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

We were in a similar spot last year after the Browns loss (albeit not as heartbreaking).  We beat Miami, Denver, and the Cowboys pretty handidly.  McD is also 3-0 here coming off a bye week although we were sluggish last season hosting the Fins.  I have faith in our coaching staff and hopefully the Chargers will be a "get right" game.

And oh, by the way, it looks like we have a kicker. Bass was terrific yesterday. I'm waiting for 26Shirts to make a Bass-o-matic shirt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

And oh, by the way, it looks like we have a kicker. Bass was terrific yesterday. I'm waiting for 26Shirts to make a Bass-o-matic shirt.

I like it.  It's also good to see that Bojo figured out how to hold the laces out.

• Like 2

leh-nerd skin-erd
7 hours ago, Ann said:

After I was lamenting to my husband this morning that I could not believe the Bills had lost on that lucky/fluke play, he reminded me that the Bills were on their way to losing the *Patriots game until Zimmer punched out the ball on a lucky/fluke play.  It happens. Sucks it happened to the Bills, but Hopkins really made a catch.

Excellent point...the Bills have danced with the devil all season long, allowing games firmly in hand to get close and/or making a play at the end.  Zimmer, Croft TD etc.  The Bills had a 14 point lead in the second half and before the TD pass to Diggs were down by 3.  

Sooner or later it bites you.  Finish the game,  play in the 3rd quarter. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe said:

A further note: after hearing philadelphia sports radio today I realize things could be much, much worse.

The Eagles are a shitshow of their own. Starting with Pederson's unexplained desire to go for 2 no matter what.

I could be wrong but I think the most interesting issue with the Eagles is it's suddenly clear to everyone who was responsible for their SB victory...and it wasn't Pederson. 

2 hours ago, Joe said:

A further note: after hearing philadelphia sports radio today I realize things could be much, much worse.

Ha!

At 7:00 tonite on espn NY was “Inside the Jets”. At 0-9 and coming off a bye they could have just broadcast microphone feedback and static for and hour (or a Sonic Youth album) and had more content. 

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Yep, still cranky

I'm a glutton for punishment. I watched the same Hopkins interview every time it was on.

“They were in position. It was just a better catch by I.”

:classic_angry:

• Haha 1

Fun fact about Tyler Bass' three 50+ yard field goals in the first half: That's only been done by one other kicker in NFL history. Who's that kicker? (No cheating...)

Edited by Sum Ting Wong
  • Wow 1

37 minutes ago, Sum Ting Wong said:

Fun fact about Tyler Bass' three 50+ yard field goals in the first half: That's only been done by one other kicker in NFL history. Who's that kicker? (No cheating...)

Tucker?  

Did Haushka do it against Atlanta few years back?

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Tom Dempsey?

Met that dude when I was little. The Dunlop dinner they used to have in Buffalo for Amateur Athlete of the year  or something. This was the year it was held in the Ramada Inn down by thenFalls. 

he also missed like a 35 yder on the last play of the game to break then0-70s streak vs the Dolphins in 79. Cut the next day by Knox! 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I think Miami gets upset one of their next three putting them at 8-4.  I've got them going 1-2 (beat **Patriots, lose to Chiefs and Raiders) after that.  That puts them at 9-6 coming into the Ralph.  We could go 1-4 and still have a shot to win the division in the final game.  Conceding the division right now is silly.

The Bills control their own destiny. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Met that dude when I was little. The Dunlop dinner they used to have in Buffalo for Amateur Athlete of the year  or something. This was the year it was held in the Ramada Inn down by thenFalls. 

he also missed like a 35 yder on the last play of the game to break then0-70s streak vs the Dolphins in 79. Cut the next day by Knox! 

What do you mean by then Falls?  What happened to them?

• Haha 1