Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Jets Chat

Ann

3 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

If he would just play he would commad all he wants when his contract is up and go to a team that would win. Whats wrong with these greedy players? 

Fear of getting hurt.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

If he would just play he would commad all he wants when his contract is up and go to a team that would win. Whats wrong with these greedy players? 

Uh, we just watched one of them almost die on the field.  I don't blame any of them for wanting to get paid when they're clearly outperforming their current deal.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Uh, we just watched one of them almost die on the field.  I don't blame any of them for wanting to get paid when they're clearly outperforming their current deal.

I can get hurt at work. It isnt making me go into the office and telling them give me a raise or Im not working. Fork lift operator on a loading dock is one of the most dangerous job in the industrial world. We all take chances. I get the fear. Go to your representation and have them have a private conversation with the GMs team. He doesnt need to go public. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I can get hurt at work. It isnt making me go into the office and telling them give me a raise or Im not working. Fork lift operator on a loading dock is one of the most dangerous job in the industrial world. We all take chances. I get the fear. Go to your representation and have them have a private conversation with the GMs team. He doesnt need to go public. 

That's simply put...a dumb comparison. 

I'm not arguing how he's handling it because frankly I don't care since I'm not signing the checks.  I'm not surprised that kinda stuff goes on in Woody's organization because it's a well known shit show.

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

That's simply put...a dumb comparison. 

I'm not arguing how he's handling it because frankly I don't care since I'm not signing the checks.  I'm not surprised that kinda stuff goes on in Woody's organization because it's a well known shit show.

Tell the guy I work with that lost his leg.

• Facepalm 1

Just now, Fansince88 said:

Tell the guy I work with that lost his leg.

Yeah, because one guy getting hurt at a regular job is absolutely the same thing as playing in the NFL.  It's the equivalent of NFL players comparing football to combat. 

• Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

And off the field too if his mom is hot.

So....he is going to be a crappy teamate?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

So....he is going to be a crappy teamate?

pretty sure he's got that covered.

no accountability for his own poor play

Crap Throwing Clavin
59 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Um...how?  No one's taking you that seriously, Zach.

2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

First, I agree with your take because a contract should be honored. I also don't like the idea of making statements public, but the NFL accepts and rewards it, so that's their issue.

On the other hand, Quinten Williams is clearly an absolute beast, and a beast at that position not only changes games, they don't exactly fall off trees. He knows the team needs him more than he needs the team, and he can get big bucks elsewhere, but if he gets hurt both he and the team suffer.

You know what happens when a forklift operator loses his leg?

They get another forklift operator and boxes are moved once again.

When a forklift operator is doing their job AND can THEN be hit by Derek Henry running at him full speed, then we'll compare the two jobs.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

First, I agree with your take because a contract should be honored. I also don't like the idea of making statements public, but the NFL accepts and rewards it, so that's their issue.

On the other hand, Quinten Williams is clearly an absolute beast, and a beast at that position not only changes games, they don't exactly fall off trees. He knows the team needs him more than he needs the team, and he can get big bucks elsewhere, but if he gets hurt both he and the team suffer.

You know what happens when a forklift operator loses his leg?

They get another forklift operator and boxes are moved once again.

When a forklift operator is doing their job AND can THEN be hit by Derek Henry running at him full speed, then we'll compare the two jobs.

I will say, he wasnt very good at it. That why he had the accident.

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

What a dickhead thing to say.

Or, at least it is a "competitive" thing to say in a dickhead way.

Zak Wilson, NOT a leader.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, snafu said:

What a dickhead thing to say.

Or, at least it is a "competitive" thing to say in a dickhead way.

Zak Wilson, NOT a leader.

I don't know that anyone's giving him advice but if he had any kind of mentor he'd be saying nothing and 100% focusing on becoming a better football player.  Let your play/actions speak for themselves because your words are meaningless based on your track record.

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't know that anyone's giving him advice but if he had any kind of mentor he'd be saying nothing and 100% focusing on becoming a better football player.  Let your play/actions speak for themselves because your words are meaningless based on your track record.

His words are not meaningless.  It's even worse than that because of his track record.  And the fact that he said anything, in light of his track record, just shows the poor judgment skills and lack of self-awareness this kid has.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, snafu said:

His words are not meaningless.  It's even worse than that because of his track record.  And the fact that he said anything, in light of his track record, just shows the poor judgment skills and lack of self-awareness this kid has.

Reading is Fundamental.jpg

• O Rly 1

4 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I will say, he wasnt very good at it. That why he had the accident.

So comparing a pretty bad forklift operator to one of the Top 4 DTs in the world isn't valid?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

So comparing a pretty bad forklift operator to one of the Top 4 DTs in the world isn't valid?

Crap Throwing Clavin
33 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Who'd've thunk it?