Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dolphins Chat

B-Man

Anyone see this game? Wondering if Tua took any big hits. And how he was responding to pressure. Obviously he and Tyreek had it going on in this one.

16 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

Anyone see this game? Wondering if Tua took any big hits. And how he was responding to pressure. Obviously he and Tyreek had it going on in this one.

I saw the game.
Tua didn't get hit much, definitely nothing significant that I recall.
He responded well to the pressure.
Hill and Waddle are fast and pretty impressive receivers.

23 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

He stood upright most of the game. He made some great throws under pressure, was getting the ball out quickly on crossing patterns and looked mostly good. Tyreek Hill flat-out impressed with some difficult catches.

That said, Tua threw some bad balls as well, including an end zone pick, and I am convinced that the game ends differently if the rookie from the Bolts who made the pick didn't try to run it out of the endzone. He only made it to like the two or three yard line, Bolts went three-and-out, and a bad punt from the end zone gave the Fish the ball at the Bolts 35.

There was also an embarrassingly bad pass interference by a Bolt corner on a hail mary that changed the game as well.

What Tua can't do is throw really deep. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Ann said:

I saw the game.
Tua didn't get hit much, definitely nothing significant that I recall.
He responded well to the pressure.
Hill and Waddle are fast and pretty impressive receivers.

Yeah, I see in the team stats that his OL kept him clean. I doubt that will be the case next Sunday with Judon barrelling down on him. Good for Tua though that he was seemingly able to get into game action with full confidence.  

7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

He stood upright most of the game. He made some great throws under pressure, was getting the ball out quickly on crossing patterns and looked mostly good. Tyreek Hill flat-out impressed with some difficult catches.

That said, Tua threw some bad balls as well, including an end zone pick, and I am convinced that the game ends differently if the rookie from the Bolts who made the pick didn't try to run it out of the endzone. He only made it to like the two or three yard line, Bolts went three-and-out, and a bad punt from the end zone gave the Fish the ball at the Bolts 35.

There was also an embarrassingly bad pass interference by a Bolt corner on a hail mary that changed the game as well.

What Tua can't do is throw really deep. 

The Chargers are very good at doing just enough wrong to lose. 

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

There's the one TD throw to Hill that I will never, ever understand how he got it in there, or how Hill caught it.  Hill was blanketed, Tua had to get the ball through a window about the size of a large bagel to get it in Hill's hands.  The ball looked like it teleported through the cornerback.  No one has any business making that play.

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
14 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

There's the one TD throw to Hill that I will never, ever understand how he got it in there, or how Hill caught it.  Hill was blanketed, Tua had to get the ball through a window about the size of a large bagel to get it in Hill's hands.  The ball looked like it teleported through the cornerback.  No one has any business making that play.

C

G

I

… all part of the NFL script. 🤯🤯

• Haha 6

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

C

G

I

… all part of the NFL script. 🤯🤯

Fed directly into the visual cortex by the COVID-nanobots injected with the jab.  WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The one off the guys back? That was amazing.

There is a reason Tyreek Hill is in the league, and it ain't due to his character.

• Like 2

The Chargers definitely Chargered. 

Defensively, they made insane decisions like pressing Waddle/Hill with no safety help.  Tua had no issues reading coverages and there was literally almost zero pressure at any point in the game.  Bosa and Mack weren't factors at all.

Offensively, the Fish were getting worked most of the game - the Chargers did pretty much whatever they wanted until the game was on the line.  Herbert made an enormous mental error on first down when he didn't read the blitz and ended up taking a grounding penalty.  Fangio dialed up pressure on second down and got home.  3rd down Herbert got them back 17 yards without issue, so Fangio brought pressure again on 4th down and once again got home.

When the game was on the line (at the end of each half), Miami made the plays and the Bolts didn't.  That was the margin between the teams.  JC Jackson absolutely wore the goat horns because his 3 point penalty at the end of the first half is unforgiveable.  Taking the interception out of the endzone was the second dumbest play of the game and it completely turned the momentum.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

JC Jackson absolutely wore the goat horns because his 3 point penalty at the end of the first half is unforgiveable.  Taking the interception out of the endzone was the second dumbest play of the game and it completely turned the momentum.

I'm assuming the first dumbest play of the game was JC Jackson's ridiculous pass interference penalty.

What I did notice about the Fish was Eckler looked to be able to run on them at will. I am really looking forward to what a Cook/Harris/Murray can do to them to get them to bring those LBs up.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Some injury updates

some.jpg.6199a48534b16b4a572f97d374dc1a30.jpg

Mostert's injury is a bit of a problem for the Dolphins considering he's the only legitimate RB on their roster. If the Patriots pass rush is teeing off against Tua all night then I don't think he'll get through the game intact.

• Cheers 2

The Dolphins, once again, have the most explosive offense in the NFL. So it's only natural fans ask "why can't my team do that?" After a summer of review and reflection, we are starting to see Sean McVay's Rams and Matt LaFleur's Packers copy Miami and Mike McDaniel's concepts and plays. Colt McCoy and Josh Norris dive in.

NFL Coaches Are (already) Stealing the Dolphins' Plays

I'm still not a believer in Miami's defense but their offense is highly formidable. If needed they probably could have posted 30+ on the Patriots defense which is very good. Obviously they need Tua to stay healthy, and as quickly as he gets his passes off, he's not likely going to take a lot of hits. Credit to Mike McDaniel for scheming up that offense. 2-0 on the road to start the season is obviously a desirable start.

Edited by crawhammer
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, crawhammer said:

I'm still not a believer in Miami's defense but their offense is highly formattable. If needed they probably could have posted 30+ on the Patriots defense which is very good. Obviously they need Tua to stay healthy, and as quickly as he gets his passes off, he's not likely going to take a lot of hits. Credit to Mike McDaniel for scheming up that offense. 2-0 on the road to start the season is obviously a desirable start.

But Bellicheck* also put out a blueprint on how to keep them from hitting long plays. I know not everyone has the personnel to do it, but a better quarterback beats the Fish last night.

• Cheers 3