Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dolphins Chat

B-Man

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Glad to hear you say this because there was that moment for me this year when the Bills were sliding and the Fish were rocking, and he got a lot of press. There was some bromance story about him and Tua, and suddenly Tyreek is on track to set records, Tua is perceptually looking all-worldly, and yet every time I saw McDaniel, I felt like at any minute he'd show up with his dog Peabody, who was really designing the plays.

When you watch him move, and listen to him speak, I swear it's like he was hired by your company to hold a three-day Stephen Covey seminar where you HAVE to sit in or you don't get the certificate. 

My kids discovered that show a couple years ago and loved it.  Every once in a while they'll pop up with some random knowledge and tell me they learned it on Sherman & Peabody.  😄

• Haha 2

Alaska Darin
14 hours ago, KD in CA said:

My kids discovered that show a couple years ago and loved it.  Every once in a while they'll pop up with some random knowledge and tell me they learned it on Sherman & Peabody.  😄

I actually own the entire thing on DVD - I friggin' love that show.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

The business aspect of football is brutal. I truly believe that Christian Wilkins has played his final down as a Miami Dolphins.

Have heard he is going to test the market, and that Chicago, Houston, and Minnesota are three teams that will be very interested.

Miami’s only option is the franchise tag, but that eliminates any cap flexibility they will have. The transition tag does not good because someone will certainly offer a contract that Miami can’t match.

He is one hell of a player.

• Like 2

IDBillzFan
41 minutes ago, Ann said:

The business aspect of football is brutal. I truly believe that Christian Wilkins has played his final down as a Miami Dolphins.

Have heard he is going to test the market, and that Chicago, Houston, and Minnesota are three teams that will be very interested.

Miami’s only option is the franchise tag, but that eliminates any cap flexibility they will have. The transition tag does not good because someone will certainly offer a contract that Miami can’t match.

He is one hell of a player.

The Bills can probably get him pretty cheaply since he'll have more than two chances every year to try and play with Josh's balls.

• O Rly 2
  • Haha 2

Miami Dolphins’ Tua Tagovailoa Talks Contract, 2023 Season

</snip>

“I believe that will happen, but I’m gonna let my agents, gonna let you know Chris [Grier], Mike [McDaniel], let those guys talk about that and let them move forward accordingly,” Tagovailoa said prior to practice Friday.

Tagovailoa also hinted that it would not be an acrimonious negotiation — even though there might be some challenges in nailing down his valuation.

The Dolphins likely aren’t looking to reset the quarterback market, but would Tua be OK with a contract that pays him below $50 million annually?

</snip>

• Like 2

IDBillzFan
43 minutes ago, Ann said:

Miami Dolphins’ Tua Tagovailoa Talks Contract, 2023 Season

</snip>

“I believe that will happen, but I’m gonna let my agents, gonna let you know Chris [Grier], Mike [McDaniel], let those guys talk about that and let them move forward accordingly,” Tagovailoa said prior to practice Friday.

Tagovailoa also hinted that it would not be an acrimonious negotiation — even though there might be some challenges in nailing down his valuation.

The Dolphins likely aren’t looking to reset the quarterback market, but would Tua be OK with a contract that pays him below $50 million annually?

</snip>

Seven or eight weeks ago I would have thought different, but who he is is now clear to see. I don't care how much they pay him as long as it's enough to ensure he remains their QB for the next five years or so.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Ann said:

new DC

11.jpg.46bb2dc89bbabb80ddc56c7353a6a6f4.jpg

He could actually be good.  Don't recall him from his time here.  But the day we should worry about a coach from the Ryan coaching tree probably isn't here yet.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Yeah, please pay him more than Joe Burrow.

Falling coaches ain't cheap...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Billsandhorns
46 minutes ago, Ann said:

They are going to eat like 23 mil in dead cap

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
On 2/23/2024 at 4:01 PM, Billsandhorns said:

They are going to eat like 23 mil in dead cap

It'll be half that next season because they'll do it post June 1st.  They're already eating $!0M for Byron Jones, $4M for Ogbah, and $2.5 for Wilson. 

It happens when players basically fall off a cliff, as Howard has.

• Cheers 2