GFWzpdKaUAAHDF1?format=jpg&name=small

He'll be missed.

But I thought he died in 1985?

• Like 2

Fansince88
1 hour ago, snafu said:

He'll be missed.

But I thought he died in 1985?

To think, he would have been 37yo when they killed off his character.  Seemed so much older when I was 15!

• Like 2

IDBillzFan
7 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

This one really hits me, much to the amusement of some, I'm sure, but this son-of-a-bitch made everything work, whether it was something sentimental like "Just Another Sundown," or relatable like "As Good As I Once Was" or even ridiculous like "Red Solo Cup."

But this remains one of my favorite Toby Keith bits.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Always liked him.

Humorously morose comedian Richard Lewis,

who recently starred on 'Curb Your Enthusiasm,' dies at 76

New York — Richard Lewis, an acclaimed comedian known for exploring his neuroses in frantic, stream-of-consciousness diatribes while dressed in all-black, leading to his nickname “The Prince of Pain,” has died. He was 76.

Lewis, who revealed he had been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in 2023, died at his home in Los Angeles on Tuesday night after suffering a heart attack, according to his publicist Jeff Abraham.

Comedian Richard Lewis attends an NBA basketball game in Los Angeles on Dec. 25, 2012.

A regular performer in clubs and on late-night TV for decades, Lewis also played Marty Gold, the romantic co-lead opposite Jamie Lee Curtis, in the ABC series “Anything But Love” and the reliably neurotic Prince John in “Mel Brooks’ Robin Hood: Men In Tights.” He re-introduced himself to a new generation opposite Larry David in HBO’s “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” kvetching regularly.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/people/2024/02/28/obit-richard-lewis-comedian-curb-your-enthusiasm/72778370007/

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

35bc189461e961e406fb21554c39de3e50209ae7

RIP: Legendary entertainer Steve Lawrence, of Steve and Eydie fame, dies at 88.

Steve Lawrence, a singer and top stage act who kept Tin Pan Alley alive during the rock era as a solo performer and in tandem with his wife Eydie Gorme, died Thursday. He was 88.

Lawrence, whose hits included “Go Away Little Girl,” died from complications due to Alzheimer’s disease, said Susan DuBow, a spokesperson for the family.

Lawrence and Gorme — or Steve & Eydie — were known for their frequent appearances on talk shows, in nightclubs and on the stages of Las Vegas. The duo took inspiration from George Gershwin, Cole Porter, Jerome Kern and other songwriters.

• Sad 1

RochesterRob

RIP Eric Carmen.  Singer of 1970's break up song All by Myself and Hungry Eyes from the movie Footloose.  You could drive down most streets during the late 1970's and tell who just had a break up with All by Myself blaring from the window.  My dorm suite neighbor during the early 1980's played that or Cold as Ice or You've got another thing coming depending on his mood that afternoon.  Carmen was 74.  

• Sad 3