Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Obituaries

B-Man

15 hours ago, Koko said:

With all due respect his NCIS role should not be in the headline.

David McCallum, The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Star, Dead At 90

David McCallum, the son of two concert musicians, was born in Glasgow, and he mostly grew up in London. He played oboe as a child before being conscripted into the British army and then studying acting at the Royal Academy Of Dramatic Art. In the early ’60s, McCallum played roles in movies like The Great Escape and The Greatest Story Ever Told before landing the role of Russian agent Illya Kuryakin, co-starring with Robert Vaughn on the hit NBC spy show The Man From U.N.C.L.E.. The show was on the air from 1964 to 1968, and it made McCallum famous.

During his time on The Man From U.N.C.L.E., David McCallum released four albums of instrumental music for Capitol Records. McCallum recorded all four albums with the late producer David Axelrod, and they stand today as fine examples of the funky, richly orchestrated instrumental pop that Axelrod made so well.

the_man_from_u.n.c.l.e._embed.jpg?w=928

MV5BMTI4ODI2MjgyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzIy

Brooks Robinson, legendary Hall of Fame third baseman for the Orioles, dies at 86

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTM5SjKIvhWC83LKQ5eEAY

BALTIMORE -- Hall of Fame third baseman Brooks Robinson, whose deft glovework and folksy manner made him one of the most beloved and accomplished athletes in Baltimore history, has died. He was 86.

"We are deeply saddened to share the news of the passing of Brooks Robinson," his family and the Baltimore Orioles said in a joint statement. "An integral part of our Orioles Family since 1955, he will continue to leave a lasting impact on our club, our community, and the sport of baseball."

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38498947/hall-fame-3b-orioles-legend-brooks-robinson-dies-86

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Brooks Robinson, legendary Hall of Fame third baseman for the Orioles, dies at 86

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTM5SjKIvhWC83LKQ5eEAY

BALTIMORE -- Hall of Fame third baseman Brooks Robinson, whose deft glovework and folksy manner made him one of the most beloved and accomplished athletes in Baltimore history, has died. He was 86.

"We are deeply saddened to share the news of the passing of Brooks Robinson," his family and the Baltimore Orioles said in a joint statement. "An integral part of our Orioles Family since 1955, he will continue to leave a lasting impact on our club, our community, and the sport of baseball."

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38498947/hall-fame-3b-orioles-legend-brooks-robinson-dies-86

Golden Glove at the hot corner. 

And when the O's got Frank they had a pair.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Beloved ‘Harry Potter’ Actor Dead At 82

Sir Michael Gambon, who played Dumbledore in the “Harry Potter” franchise, died at the age of 82, his family announced Tuesday.

james-loveless-28.png

“We are devastated to announce the loss of Sir Michael Gambon,” his rep., Clair Dobbs, said in a statement shared by PageSix. “Beloved husband and father, Michael died peacefully in hospital with his wife Anne and son Fergus at his bedside, following a bout of pneumonia. We ask that you respect our privacy at this painful time and thank you for your messages of support and love.”

Gambon was born in Dublin, Ireland, and started his career in the National Theatre while Laurence Olivier was the institution’s Artistic Director, according to his IMDB. He went on to skyrocketing fame on stage and screen, but shied away from interviews. He apparently once admitted to lying during interviews to make them more interesting for the viewer. 

Aside from playing the headmaster of Hogwarts School in the “Harry Potter” movie franchise, Gambon is beloved in Britain for his appearance on hit show “Top Gear.” He managed to get part of the show’s test road track named after him as he managed to take a corner while only on two wheels.

He earned more than 170 credits to his name throughout his career, as well as being knighted for his services to the dramatic arts in 1998 under Queen Elizabeth II, The Associated Press noted.

41 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Sorry to say, I kinda like this one better

How catholic of you.

Also interesting the kind of people you follow.

Edited by Nouseforaname
  • Boo 1

39 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

How catholic of you.

Also interesting the kind of people you follow.

Who said I follow him? But even if I did, he is one of the gym owners that defied the crooked NJ Governor's lockdowns so I see no problem with that especially

Edited by Cinga
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Who said I follow him? But even if I did, he is one of the gym owners that defied the crooked NJ Governor's lockdowns so I see no problem with that especially

Yeah a real pioneer.  &#%$ing clown that you are.

31 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Not too sure what your point is here.

I ,  and others here, post tweets from lots of people that we don't 'follow' or necessarily agree with that often.

Meanwhile.

Dianne Feinstein dead at 90: Five-term senator and oldest member of Congress dies

I mean, at one point he promised to appoint a black woman, but he could always just identify as one.

Or he could name Kamala to get her out of the way for a Biden replacement.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senate/dianne-feinstein-dead-90-five-term-senator-oldest-member-congress-dies

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Not too sure what your point is here.

I ,  and others here, post tweets from lots of people that we don't 'follow' or necessarily agree with that often.

Yup.

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

I mean, at one point he promised to appoint a black woman, but he could always just identify as one.

Another theory I saw was that Newsom is under pressure to appoint a trans person of color that is foreign born except for India or China.... Gonna be some weird stuff coming out of this but other than my theory of Kamala in the other thread, it very probably will end up pencil neck Schiff who has been lobbying for it the last couple years

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Another theory I saw was that Newsom is under pressure to appoint a trans person of color that is foreign born except for India or China.... Gonna be some weird stuff coming out of this but other than my theory of Kamala in the other thread, it very probably will end up pencil neck Schiff who has been lobbying for it the last couple years

Schiff is a black woman now? 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

Schiff is a black woman now? 

No, he's a trans Latinx woman from Guatemala Madagascar

Edited by Cinga
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ann said:

Yup.

Except that this isn’t the posters first instance.

But sure he can post what I want and I have every right to call him a &#%$ing idiot.

33 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Except that this isn’t the posters first instance.

But sure he can post what I want and I have every right to call him a &#%$ing idiot.

Can you provide the board with an approved list of people, places and things that can be linked or quoted so as not to make you call someone an idiot or a racist?  

Thanks in advance.

On second thought never mind about me because I don’t care what you think, but the list might be helpful to others.  I’ll leave that to them.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1