Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Have you or someone you know gotten the vaccine shot yet? (Let’s keep political comments out of this please)

mead107

On 4/23/2021 at 11:04 AM, Taro T said:

Heard that a CVS near me has started giving the Moderna vaccine & are having trouble with getting enough people to sign up for it.

They've thrown away doses here...

Fear causing low vaccination rate in Syracuse's 13204 zip code says local pharmacist (cnycentral.com)

Rodriguez said she has had to throw away doses because she has no willing arms to put them in when people change their minds or miss appointments.

“Definitely, I’ve had to waste some vaccine each time at least two to three doses," she said.

On 5/5/2021 at 8:00 AM, LB3 said:

I noticed something recently.

Every person I know who had Covid told me that they didn't have any reaction to their shots.

For the people I know who didn't have Covid (or didn't know they had it), the majority said they had a reaction but some did not.

Anyone else notice anything similar?

I've wondered about that.  December, 2019, I had a cold/flu I just could not get over, for about three weeks.  I went to my doctor and they checked me for the flu, said it wasn't that, but it was something viral and to just let it run it's course.  I got the 1st Pfizer dose December 2020 (New Years Eve actually) and the 2nd in late January, no reaction either time.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, LB3 said:

I'm getting microchipped today. I can't wait to judge all the non-vaxxed!

You will be stiff after the shot

5 hours ago, LB3 said:

I'm getting microchipped today. I can't wait to judge all the non-vaxxed!

Enjoy looking down at the non-nanochipped unwashed masses.

11 minutes ago, Koko said:

Enjoy looking down at the non-nanochipped unwashed masses.

It's going to be great. I have such an unbridled sense of superiority now. I may even go back to ATOP and give a certain someone a virtual high five.

RoYqAS.gif

20 hours ago, Just Jack said:

how confident is anyone that doses of a treasured item that can cure the plague is actually being thrown away?

how many are getting expired does and are none the wiser?

18 hours ago, LB3 said:

It's going to be great. I have such an unbridled sense of superiority now. I may even go back to ATOP and give a certain someone a virtual high five.

RoYqAS.gif

_5S3eP.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Haha 2

Went to the Wegmans near my house after work today.  The people wearing masks far out numbered the people without. I went without, but felt like maybe I should put it on.  (I'll still carry it with me in case there are places that still require it)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Went to the Wegmans near my house after work today.  The people wearing masks far out numbered the people without. I went without, but felt like maybe I should put it on.  (I'll still carry it with me in case there are places that still require it)

Walmart was about 50/50 when I went Wednesday night. Planet Fitness was mostly unmasked.

I may see what the Wegmans on James is like today when I take my lunch.

16 hours ago, Just Jack said:

The only place I have been to since the mask mandate was rescinded that still required masks in-store was Hobby Lobby. :classic_blink: 

I was in the Springville walmart Monday and masks were about 80/20 without. One guy was wearing a freaking gas mask.

Went to the Zoar Tavern on Friday and it was about 2 maskes for every 50 people. They had a band and most people were outside but hardly anyone wore it inside except the staff.

Edited by bdutton
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bdutton said:

I was in the Springville walmart Monday and masks were about 80/20 without. One guy was wearing a freaking gas mask.

If you said Syracuse area Walmart, I may have seen the same guy.  There's a guy that goes to my church, has what looks like a fireman's mask, with a fan attachment.  

My unofficial "No Mask While Shopping" Experiment ...

Since Wednesday, when the mandate was lifted in NY, I've been to Wegmans, Home Depot, Lowes, Aldi's, and various gas/convivence stores.  No one has stopped me and asked for proof of vaccine.  Still more people wearing a mask versus not.  Home Depot was the only store where I saw employees also going mask less. 

• Like 1