Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Have you or someone you know gotten the vaccine shot yet? (Let’s keep political comments out of this please)

mead107

In Ra-cha-cha, appointments galore at both the Wegman's Conference Center & the Dome Arena.  Pretty sure both are giving the Pfizer vaccine.  

Heard that a CVS near me has started giving the Moderna vaccine & are having trouble with getting enough people to sign up for it.

Realize that there are places that do have more demand than supply, but WNY doesn't seem to be in that basket.  Don't know of anyone in the area that wants the vaccine but can't get it anymore.

• Like 1

Got 2nd Pfizer this morning. No sore arm  after 5 hrs. More people atthe NF site than 3 weeks ago. Lost $5 again on the slots.

Update: Thumb sized sore spot where the shot was. Feels like a little bruise. When I went to bed at night, felt a little chilly and fatigued. This AM, fine,

Edited by Wacka
  • Like 3

Mrs GG had a bad reaction to the first Moderna within 1 week.  Left side underarm and lymph nodes swelled up in a big pain.    Back to normal now, but she freaked out a bit.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Mrs GG had a bad reaction to the first Moderna within 1 week.  Left side underarm and lymph nodes swelled up in a big pain.    Back to normal now, but she freaked out a bit.

I am glad she recovered with no lasting repercussions, @GG1. I hope her second shot goes smoother. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ann said:

I am glad she recovered with no lasting repercussions, @GG1. I hope her second shot goes smoother. 

Yeah, we'll see.  What no one is highlighting for women who get these shots to eliminate the worries are the side effects like these.  We found out afterwards that women should not be scheduling mammograms' within 3-4 months of the shots because of high instances of false positive tests.

• Like 2

CarpetCrawler

My son got the 2nd dose of Moderna today, so thank goodness all of us are vaccinated now. 3 Pfizers and a Moderna, I'll be interested to see what his side effects might be. They're generally stronger with Moderna from what I see.

• Like 2

I got second Moderna yesterday morning at 6:30am.

At 10:00pm it was like someone flipped a switch and I had the chills like I was in the Arctic circle.  I toughed it out on the couch until the Bills’ pick and then just stumbled off to bed.  Sweat through my shirt and the sheets overnight. I worked a half day today and then went home and took a 2 hour sleep.  Still not 100% good.  

Driving up to Buffalo tomorrow to visit my mom.

Edited by snafu
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

CarpetCrawler
18 hours ago, snafu said:

I got second Moderna yesterday morning at 6:30am.

At 10:00pm it was like someone flipped a switch and I had the chills like I was in the Arctic circle.  I toughed it out on the couch until the Bills’ pick and then just stumbled off to bed.  Sweat through my shirt and the sheets overnight. I worked a half day today and then went home and took a 2 hour sleep.  Still not 100% good.  

Driving up to Buffalo tomorrow to visit my mom.

That's a stronger reaction than most get. Hopefully you're feeling much better today. Remember, it takes about 2 weeks to get 60-70% of the effect and 4 weeks to get the full effect.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I noticed something recently.

Every person I know who had Covid told me that they didn't have any reaction to their shots.

For the people I know who didn't have Covid (or didn't know they had it), the majority said they had a reaction but some did not.

Anyone else notice anything similar?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LB3 said:

I noticed something recently.

Every person I know who had Covid told me that they didn't have any reaction to their shots.

For the people I know who didn't have Covid (or didn't know they had it), the majority said they had a reaction but some did not.

Anyone else notice anything similar?

Reporting from family members (to date):

4 J&J, no covid-19 (that we know of) - 1 person was tired for several days
3 Pfizer, no covid-19 (that we know of) - 1 person exhausted for days after both shots, no reactions for the other 2
3 Pfizer, all had covid-19 (one had a terrible case and was hospitalized several times, another was asymptomatic), no reactions

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Mom(94) at home J&J- sore shoulder.

Me (64) Pfizer- sore arm, felt sleepy for 2 hrs on first shot. Sore arm (thumb sized spot), chills and fatigued as I went to bed  after second shot. 

Sister and brother-in-law (62) Moderna= sore arm with both shots

Brother (53)- Pfizer sore arm both shots  sleepy after forest shut  for an hour or two.

Brother-law's mom (91 in nursing home) Had COVID- thanks Mario- only had sniffles, Got vaccine no reactions.

Brother-law's brother also in nursing home. Unknown if he had COVID. Pronably got shot.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Brother-law's brother also in nursing home. Unknown if he had COVID. Pronably got shot.

Is the nursing home in a rough neighborhood?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, devnull said:

Is the nursing home in a rough neighborhood?

Don't &#%$ with Grandma:

c465cd106fafdb6dd38e5d79b86a27a5.jpg

3097a236c8a391bd9e1b81ca087f8ab4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m in my 15 minute waiting period after my 2nd Pfizer shot. Now that I’m invincible, I’m buying three chainsaws on the way home and leaning how to juggle. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

I’m in my 15 minute waiting period after my 2nd Pfizer shot. Now that I’m invincible, I’m buying three chainsaws on the way home and leaning how to juggle. 

Wait the required 2 weeks to do that 🙂

38 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Wait the required 2 weeks to do that 🙂

So I have two weeks before I can turn the chainsaws on?

Edited by shrader

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Real men juggle live grenades... after pulling the pin.

Chainsaws are for sissies.

1 hour ago, Koko said:

Real men juggle live grenades... after pulling the pin.

Chainsaws are for sissies.

But after a few seconds I have nothing left to juggle. I’m not made of money so I’m not buying an unending supply.