Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Have you or someone you know gotten the vaccine shot yet? (Let’s keep political comments out of this please)

mead107

Nouseforaname
10 minutes ago, GG1 said:

That makes sense actually.  Still slow by US & Israel standards

Canada is not even in the same league as the us or Israel but Quebec has been better than the rest of the Canada in vaccinations.

Just Joshin
4 hours ago, Meazza said:

My wife got moderna yesterday as she’s an essential worker.

I have asthma as well and I’m chasing my doctor to get a letter.  &#%$ Canada .

Where do Canadians go for quick medical care with the Border shut down?

I worked on a project in Markham for 2 years and I was always being told how great their system was vs the US.  They could never explain the long wait times.

Nouseforaname
10 hours ago, Just Joshin said:

Where do Canadians go for quick medical care with the Border shut down?

I worked on a project in Markham for 2 years and I was always being told how great their system was vs the US.  They could never explain the long wait times.

The border shutdown is exempt for medical treatment.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Meazza said:

The border shutdown is exempt for medical treatment.  

My husband has a tenant who has been back and forth to Toronto to see her son who had some severe medical problems. 

The border is open for workers, too (with restrictions, a friend's daughter lives in Ft Erie, works in Hamburg and has XX amount of time from the end of her shift to get to the border to go home), truckers, etc.

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
6 minutes ago, Ann said:

My husband has a tenant who has been back and forth to Toronto to see her son who had some severe medical problems. 

The border is open for workers, too (with restrictions, a friend's daughter lives in Ft Erie, works in Hamburg and has XX amount of time from the end of her shift to get to the border to go home), truckers, etc.

Exactly.  I can’t wait to cross the border and visit nyc again. 

Got the second Moderna shot yesterday. Have a nasty headache, fatigue, and a slightly elevated temperature today.

Thankfully I was able to call into work for most of the day, don't have to be anywhere for my job until 3pm.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Koko said:

Got the second Moderna shot yesterday. Have a nasty headache, fatigue, and a slightly elevated temperature today.

Thankfully I was able to call into work for most of the day, don't have to be anywhere for my job until 3pm.

Get me the 2nd moderna at 9 this morning. Symptoms like that are actually a good sign, your immune system doing what it’s supposed to do. 

• Like 2

leh-nerd skin-erd
9 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Get me the 2nd moderna at 9 this morning. Symptoms like that are actually a good sign, your immune system doing what it’s supposed to do. 

It’s like when you suffer a sudden traumatic amputation of a digit and the pain is god-awful.  Makes you appreciate how well it was working before. 

I got my second Pfizer shot yesterday.  I had mild joint aches and pains the first time, same this time with a little fatigue and headache.  

• Like 3

On 4/15/2021 at 2:28 PM, shrader said:

I’m in for round one of Pfizer tomorrow. I plan on hitting the golf course on the way home. 

I played horribly today. Can I blame the shot?

11 hours ago, shrader said:

I played horribly today. Can I blame the shot?

playing today..2nd shot yesterday..little sore, but walked to get coffee and felt better. I am not 100% sure all shot though, pollen yesterday and today at highest level of year..both grass and tree..

Long way of saying i do like the built in excuse!

On 4/15/2021 at 11:30 AM, Meazza said:

Exactly.  I can’t wait to cross the border and visit nyc again. 

NYC is a dismal and surly place these days.  It is nothing like it was 15 months ago and I’m not exaggerating.  You’re better off waiting.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/15/2021 at 11:45 AM, Koko said:

The first modern a shot did that to me (I had Covid before getting the shot).  I felt awful the next day. My wife got the shot same day as me (she never had Covid) and she felt fine. 

Our second dose is April 29.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

7 minutes ago, snafu said:

The first modern a shot did that to me (I had Covid before getting the shot).  I felt awful the next day. My wife got the shot same day as me (she never had Covid) and she felt fine. 

Our second dose is April 29.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

Draft night

• Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, snafu said:

NYC is a dismal and surly place these days.  It is nothing like it was 15 months ago and I’m not exaggerating.  You’re better off waiting.

I am waiting, I just can’t wait to go back.

On 4/17/2021 at 12:48 PM, Meazza said:

I am waiting, I just can’t wait to go back.

You can definitely wait to come back to NYC.  The energy is really weird, unlike at any point in my 35 yrs living here.  I came in for a steak dinner with friends last Thursday, and trust me there's more vibrancy in Kingston NY than in NYC.  The city is still in shellshock, never mind the uneasy feeling you get after sunset.

• Wow 1

After the "Bills fans must be vaccinated" kerfuffle from Poloncarz with no shots being available in WNY at the time, shots have opened up in the area. My son needed to get his second shot this week, and instead of traveling to Corning (again) he was able to get a shot at a facility 15 minutes from his home in Buffalo.

And, now Erie County finally has walk-ins available. What a difference a few weeks makes. This is Erie County, I hope the rest of WNY now has shots available.