Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Have you or someone you know gotten the vaccine shot yet? (Let’s keep political comments out of this please)

mead107

CarpetCrawler
29 minutes ago, Just Joshin said:

....and if not infected, you can't infect others.

Right, so if you're fully vaccinated and you are exposed to someone with COVID, you don't have to be quarantined. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
23 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Right, so if you're fully vaccinated and you are exposed to someone with COVID, you don't have to be quarantined. 

Ok thanks.  That wasn't clear. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wacka said:

Get it for your family and relatives.  We got my 94 year old mom vaccinated first (J&J). The rest of the family have had the first shots. How would you feel if your parents or grandparents  caught it from you.

My older relatives have all been vaccinated.  I'm not in the "no" camp, just waiting for the population to have more experience with the shot.  Watching and reading on the matter.  This I found interesting. 

https://thephaser.com/2021/03/talk-about-covid-19-mrna-bioweapon-ivermectin-the-importance-of-vitamin-d-dr-ryan-cole/

On 4/11/2021 at 9:50 PM, Ninety-4 said:

My older relatives have all been vaccinated.  I'm not in the "no" camp, just waiting for the population to have more experience with the shot.  Watching and reading on the matter.  This I found interesting. 

https://thephaser.com/2021/03/talk-about-covid-19-mrna-bioweapon-ivermectin-the-importance-of-vitamin-d-dr-ryan-cole/

For the mrna point of the whole thing I am a hard no. I work for a pharmacy warehouse and we have 185 Pharmacists that are giving these shots to the public. To a person I am being told none of them have received the shot for themselves and do not plan to. Pharmacists go to 8 years of schooling on the affects of drugs. If they are apprehensive I am as well. I am a hard enough no that if it means never seeing a Bills game in OP again I am ok with that.

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
17 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Yup, made the call this morning.  They said that the appointment still holds and they will substitute Moderna shots for J&J.

Good luck.

My mom and I received our 2nd shot of Moderna today about 4 hours ago. Nothing much yet to talk about although I did take both tylenol and Advil when I felt a headache coming on. My 83 year old mom is my big concern. So far so good. She's taking a nap which is the norm for her. I feel a little warm so I'll check my temp here in a few, more out of curiosity then anything.  

• Like 5

Nouseforaname
3 hours ago, Figster said:

My mom and I received our 2nd shot of Moderna today about 4 hours ago. Nothing much yet to talk about although I did take both tylenol and Advil when I felt a headache coming on. My 83 year old mom is my big concern. So far so good. She's taking a nap which is the norm for her. I feel a little warm so I'll check my temp here in a few, more out of curiosity then anything.  

Thank God you posted about it here or else in reality, you wouldn't have actual immunity 😄

CarpetCrawler
3 hours ago, Figster said:

How are you both doing now???

It's totally typical with the Moderna to feel some symptoms at some point within a day or 2 of getting the 2nd dose (usually 12-24 hours after). Most people feel the body aches and weakness, some get a bit of a low grade fever and very few might feel some chills. The good thing is they don't last long and everyone feels pretty good after a few hours.

Keep hydrated, and get plenty of sleep. I'm sure you and Mom will be fine in no time and after 2 weeks you will have the maximum effect.

Feel better buddy and take good care of your mother.

• Cheers 1

Just now, CarpetCrawler said:

How are you both doing now???

It's totally typical with the Moderna to feel some symptoms at some point within a day or 2 of getting the 2nd dose (usually 12-24 hours after). Most people feel the body aches and weakness, some get a bit of a low grade fever and very few might feel some chills. The good thing is they don't last long and everyone feels pretty good after a few hours.

Keep hydrated, and get plenty of sleep. I'm sure you and Mom will be fine in no time and after 2 weeks you will have the maximum effect.

Feel better buddy and take good care of your mother.

Thanks, we're both feeling fairly normal. I felt the initial headache coming on and thats been about it. Drinking lots of fluids and my moms resting. Check

So far , so good my CarpetCrawling friend.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, Meazza said:

Thank God you posted about it here or else in reality, you wouldn't have actual immunity 😄

Gives running with the herd a whole new meaning. 

• Cheers 1

On 4/13/2021 at 9:52 AM, Meazza said:

Good luck.

Had a mild asthma attack immediately after the shot, but don't know if it was from the shot or the mask.  I'm guessing combination of both.

Feeling fine today.

Nouseforaname
11 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Had a mild asthma attack immediately after the shot, but don't know if it was from the shot or the mask.  I'm guessing combination of both.

Feeling fine today.

Glad you're fine.

Which vaccine did you get?

26 minutes ago, Meazza said:

Glad you're fine.

Which vaccine did you get?

They were substituting Moderna for J&J at the site.

PS - Today we finally got a call from the state to get vaccinated, from the initial registration 2 months ago!!

Edited by GG1

Nouseforaname
47 minutes ago, GG1 said:

They were substituting Moderna for J&J at the site.

PS - Today we finally got a call from the state to get vaccinated, from the initial registration 2 months ago!!

My wife got moderna yesterday as she’s an essential worker.

I have asthma as well and I’m chasing my doctor to get a letter.  &#%$ Canada .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Meazza said:

My wife got moderna yesterday as she’s an essential worker.

I have asthma as well and I’m chasing my doctor to get a letter.  &#%$ Canada .

Wait, an essential worker just got vaccinated yesterday?  What a &#%$ up

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, GG1 said:

Wait, an essential worker just got vaccinated yesterday?  What a &#%$ up

Yes they just opened it up for teachers, etc last week.

They prioritized age over profession.

3 minutes ago, Meazza said:

Yes they just opened it up for teachers, etc last week.

They prioritized age over profession.

That makes sense actually.  Still slow by US & Israel standards