Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Have you or someone you know gotten the vaccine shot yet? (Let’s keep political comments out of this please)

mead107

I'm honestly too lazy too wade through the endless sources of misinformation to understand if or when I'm 'eligible'.  Also, it sounds like it doesn't matter anyway and it's more of a go get in line and maybe they'll have some that day kind of thing.

So I'll probably just wait till I happen to be in a doctor's office and they say "hey you want it now?  We're all done vaccinating the state union employees and prisoners."

• Doh! 1

My brother got it, said his arm hurt for awhile and he felt a little under the weather after the second shot

My Dad just got his second shot.  Hopefully he doesn't have any complications, hes got enough medical problems to worry about

My cousin works as a corrections officer.  The prisoners have all been vaccinated but there was still an outbreak.  But hes still not eligible

58 minutes ago, devnull said:

My brother got it, said his arm hurt for awhile and he felt a little under the weather after the second shot

My Dad just got his second shot.  Hopefully he doesn't have any complications, hes got enough medical problems to worry about

My cousin works as a corrections officer.  The prisoners have all been vaccinated but there was still an outbreak.  But hes still not eligible

Got to wonder why he didn’t get it before the prisoners? 

Beer__League__Hockey
On 3/16/2021 at 5:15 PM, devnull said:

That flies in the face of all we've been told.  The general public will be in a world of hurt if we test at the same levels next fall.

Sorry, not trying to be political, just an observation.

Wife and I both seem to have gotten what seems to be a head cold.  
stuffy  - drip in throat cough - tired 

called Wellnow and they said some people are getting what we have.  

Nouseforaname
On 3/17/2021 at 7:28 PM, BeerLeagueHockey said:

That flies in the face of all we've been told.  The general public will be in a world of hurt if we test at the same levels next fall.

Sorry, not trying to be political, just an observation.

It generally takes about 4 weeks for the vaccine to kick in so it might have been a timing issue. 

CarpetCrawler

I finally got my son (22) an appointment for next week based on his asthma. That will make it 4 for 4 and he'll have one dose before Easter at least. Having a Polish brunch, all vaccinated family is invited. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Wacka said:

Brother getting first shot Friday. He's 53. Works for the county highway dept.

He said yesterday that there are several guys he works with that will refuse to get the vaccine. They have hinted that these guys will be looking for work soon after.   County told them to file a grievance.  Ny brother filed a grievance for some back pay that cheated him out of. Took over two years to get the $. These are the same ones that  say they are putting "GPS" in the shots.

Edited by Wacka

Received my first dose of Pfizer vaccine on Monday at a drive thru clinic.  Arm soreness and injection site edema are the extent of my side effects thus far.  

As I was waiting out my 15 minute post shot monitoring I struck up a conversation with the paramedic.  He said he had personally delivered about 4000 doses thus far and had four adverse reactions, then he corrected himself and said well I only count three.  He had a person show up for their second shot and AFTER he administered it the guy tells him that he had an anaphylactic reaction to his first dose.  Of course he proceeded to have yet another reaction to the shot he just received and they had to take measures to stabilize him.  The paramedic told me that after he was sure he was stabilized he tore the guy a new A-hole.  The patient excuse for not divulging that critical information was that he was afraid that if he told him about the reaction from the first shot that they wouldn't give him the second shot.  

:classic_blink:

I'll leave my commentary on this anecdote out of this thread and instead post my thoughts about it on the politics board.

• Wow 1

Today when shaving before getting in the shower I noticed a very light circular rash on my arm around where I got the shot. 
looked it up and some people get this rash around 9 days after getting the shot. 
I really had no indication or felt anything. 
I know it was not there the first week. As looking every day. 

they say it may last 5-6 days. No affect on getting next shot. 

anyone else have this reaction. 

5 hours ago, Wacka said:

He said yesterday that there are several guys he works with that will refuse to get the vaccine. They have hinted that these guys will be looking for work soon after.   County told them to file a grievance.  Ny brother filed a grievance for some back pay that cheated him out of. Took over two years to get the $. These are the same ones that  say they are putting "GPS" in the shots.

No need to put anything in you. 
everyone has cell phone. 
most people have newer cars with chips 

most people have newer TVs with chips. 
lot of people have ez pass 

all information on those chips is being looked at.  (From a good source). 
I know you can buy Ez pass information. 
who else knows what is on these chips. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mead107 said:

everyone has cell phone. 

That's what my brother tells them. 

22 hours ago, mead107 said:

everyone has cell phone. 

You forgot 5G 🤬

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

My wife gets her second today. She’s a teacher and has had class in person since august. They’re requiring each teacher to take the day off after the second shot. On top of that, she’s at a catholic school and they have Thursday/Friday off and then all of next week for Easter break. She’s loving life the second the achool day ends today. 

• Like 1

Since Cuomo just opened up NYS eligibility to those 30+, I will be on the hunt for the J&J shot for us. We'd go to Syracuse but all the shot appointments there were booked.

Now, we wait.

Got my first nanochip shot on March 18th. Second is April 14th.

Other than my arm being sore the next day, no reactions to the first shot. Going to work from home the day of the second shot, just in case I have a reaction.

• Like 1