Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Draft 2021

Ann

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

No issues with this draft. Anybody who has issues with this draft is dumb. That is all. 

My issue with this draft is it would have been much more enjoyable if the picks were announced by topless women

• Like 3
  • Angry 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, devnull said:

My issue with this draft is it would have been much more enjoyable if the picks were announced by topless women

Well, it IS in Vegas next year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was disapointed to see the Steelers draft Najee Harris naturally. On the other hand If Buffalo did have plans to draft a RB round 1. Its possible their alternative plan may help pave the way to a better pass rush going into the future. Picking late in each round is tough. Overall I was happy with the draft and impressed by our young GM Brandon Beane.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Thought it was interesting how Beane continued his trend of taking raw guys in the early rounds (all 3 seem to fit into the Allen, Edmunds, Ford, Epenesa sort of fit that description; Oliver & trading out of 1 being the exceptions) but then switched gears in the later rounds and grabbed guys that people on the team have a real familiarity with. 

Probably not a bad strategy, especially when all the starters except Brown (who was replaced by Sanders) are returning & they might have a luxury of not particularly needing these guys to step in this season though obviously getting contributions from them will help.

Oliver, Epenesa, & Ford stepping up their contributions this year would definitely help.  If Lutululei can clog the the run game too, these '21 kids could be in real positions to be successful in limited roles.

• Like 4

Spartacus

several of these players had their draft position reduced drastically by failing to play in 2020.

Beane took major advantage by getting premium athletes at much reduced cost due to Covid.

Typically these premium athletes would have put game tape with their skills to become high draft picks.

Bills make out with numerous players with huge upside - just need coaching and development

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

several of these players had their draft position reduced drastically by failing to play in 2020.

Beane took major advantage by getting premium athletes at much reduced cost due to Covid.

Typically these premium athletes would have put game tape with their skills to become high draft picks.

Bills make out with numerous players with huge upside - just need coaching and development

Beane definitely showed that he expects his coaches can coach these guys up.  If he's right, the Bills will be 1 center & 1 run stuffer away from being set on both lines for a long time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, devnull said:

Ive been fighting this fight for years. 

I suggest next year Zach Wilson’s mom do all picks, TOPLESS🤩🥳

• Cheers 1

Alaska Darin

While I'm probably the least prudish person on this website...this isn't YOUR basement man cave.  There are ladies present.  Act like it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

While I'm probably the least prudish person on this website...this isn't YOUR basement man cave.  There are ladies present.  Act like it.

And if they’d seen Zach Wilson’s mom they’d be pounding the table too. 

On 5/2/2021 at 10:01 AM, Ann said:

And the lack of a running back is a head-scratcher. I thought that was a definite Day 2 or Day 3 priority.

I would suspect it was. As Beane said, though, the guys they were looking at got taken. I'm sure that applies to RBs as well as the CBs he was talking about.

We've all see where reaching to fill a "priority" in the draft gets us.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Koko said:

I would suspect it was. As Beane said, though, the guys they were looking at got taken. I'm sure that applies to RBs as well as the CBs he was talking about.

We've all see where reaching to fill a "priority" in the draft gets us.

I think when the top 2 RB's came off the board upgrading from Moss and Singletary became less likely to accomplish IMO. Shifting focus to pass rush and Oline are moves that can help both sides of the football including the run game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hedge said:

Wildgoose or Wild-juice? 

And anybody have an old Reuben Brown jersey packed away?  Now you can break it back out!

Edited by Taro T

IDBillzFan
On 5/3/2021 at 6:49 AM, Ann said:

The only thing funnier than people grading an NFL draft is how those same people grade teams based on what the team did relative to what the writer THINKS they should have done.

Mel Kiper gives the Bills a B-. Why? He thought they should go running back.

Thanks, Mel. Duly noted.

• Cheers 1

Bills waiting for clarity on training camp roster size before signing rookie free agents

</snip>

Bills General Manager Brandon Beane said on WGR 550 on Wednesday that the team is also holding off for the moment.  </snip>

The NFL allowed teams to carry 90 players to camp, but they had to work in split squads with that many on the roster. Teams with 80 players could work as one squad and word on that came after the undrafted free agent signing period, which left the Bills and others cutting players to get to that limit. Beane wants to avoid doing that again.

“One of the things we’re doing research on is, last year, the league and the union made us reduce our rosters down to 80 to start camp, instead of 90,” Beane said, via Jay Skurski of the Buffalo News. “There’s been uncertainty whether it could be a different number than 90. Is it 85, is it 80? We’re going to try and monitor that before we push the roster up to 90.”

</snip>

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1