Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Draft 2021

Ann

CarpetCrawler

The Bills want to send frontline healthcare workers to the draft.

https://wgna.com/buffalo-bills-want-...the-nfl-draft/
The NFL draft is happening at the end of April and the Buffalo Bills want some heroes to represent them when they make their picks. If you are a frontline health care worker and part of Bills Mafia you could win a trip to this year's NFL draft in Cleveland.

Back in January, the Buffalo Bills owner Kim Pegula surprised and rewarded Western New York nurses with Super Bowl tickets in Tampa Bay. This is another way the Buffalo Bills hope to give back to all of those frontline healthcare workers that have been so essential throughout the pandemic.

According to WGRZ.com, if you want to apply to represent the Buffalo Bills at this year's NFL draft, you have to fill out a form with questions varying from "Will you be fully vaccinated on or before April 15, 2021", and "Why would you want to represent the Buffalo Bills in Cleveland for the NFL draft. You can apply by clicking HERE. You must apply by April 15, 2021. The NFL draft is a three-day event happening in Cleveland starting on Thursday, April 29th.
The Buffalo Bills will be looking to fill several positions at this year's draft including tight end, defensive end, and running back. Their first pick will be the thirtieth overall selection.

Direct link here:  http://marketing.psentertainment.com/draft-sweepstakes?utm_source=bills&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=draft-sweepstakes

• Like 3

CarpetCrawler
10 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

You hit the nail on the head.  It all depends on how the board falls but I would be beside myself if we got ZE and a really good player at 37.  I don't know how that'd be worked for cap purposes but I'm sure GMBB could figure it out.

I think I read somewhere that it was an $8.5million hit this year and it's basically a one year contract as it is now. No repercussions next year.

• Like 1

Round 1: (The Athletic is a paid site)

bills.JPG.6b0a1500dda3f107b9cad1012d010e63.JPG

Round 2:

61. Buffalo Bills – Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia

With his size and athletic gifts, it wouldn’t be a surprise if the Bills consider Campbell in the first round, which would make him a slam dunk pick in the second round.

Round 3:
93. Buffalo Bills – Deonte Brown, OG, Alabama

Round 5:
161. Buffalo Bills – Tre’ McKitty, TE, Georgia
174. Buffalo Bills – Tyler Shelvin, DT, LSU

Round 6:
213. Buffalo Bills – Jaret Patterson, RB, Buffalo

Round 7:
236. Buffalo Bills – Dazz Newsome, WR, North Carolina

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Round 5:

Do we need a 3rd Tre?

(not counting Trey)
And a McKitty at that. How would Knox react if he loses his job to to McKitty?

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Using this history as a guide, and with premium RBs falling to the end and out of 1st rounds, it would certainly appear that you should get the best bang for the buck by grabbing one of the top 2 RBs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ann said:

Round 1: (The Athletic is a paid site)

bills.JPG.6b0a1500dda3f107b9cad1012d010e63.JPG

Round 2:

61. Buffalo Bills – Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia

With his size and athletic gifts, it wouldn’t be a surprise if the Bills consider Campbell in the first round, which would make him a slam dunk pick in the second round.

Round 3:
93. Buffalo Bills – Deonte Brown, OG, Alabama

Round 5:
174. Buffalo Bills – Tyler Shelvin, DT, LSU

Round 6:
213. Buffalo Bills – Jaret Patterson, RB, Buffalo

Round 7:
236. Buffalo Bills – Dazz Newsome, WR, North Carolina

I'd be pretty bummed if we took Oweh at 30. I agree that sacks are an overrated statistic, but if you can't get one all season at Penn State I'm skeptical of your ability to consistently get to the QB at the next level. It seems guys like this - highly touted prospects with big potential and few sacks - pop up every few years and I don't recall too many of them amounting to much. Barkevious Mingo comes to mind.

Edited by Robs House
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 4/14/2021 at 9:01 PM, Robs House said:

I'd be pretty bummed if we took Oweh at 30. I agree that sacks are an overrated statistic, but if you can't get one all season at Penn State I'm skeptical of your ability to consistently get to the QB at the next level. It seems guys like this - highly touted prospects with big potential and few sacks - pop up every few years and I don't recall too many of them amounting to much. Barkevious Mingo comes to mind.

You give good reasons.

I just saw "first round" "edge rusher" and Penn State" and my brain went back to a dark time and I said "no".

• Haha 2

I want our very own Kuechly !

DRAFTTEK

30 Buffalo
Buffalo NFL Mock Draft logo
Zaven Collins
Tulsa
OLB
Reach/Value:

Height:
6'4''
Weight:
Zaven Collins NFL Draft photo
The first 3 destinations that Bills scouts visited this year all had a RD1-2 OLB: Tulsa (Collins), Penn State (Parsons), and Florida State (S-OLB Nasirildeen). Eight of their first 9 scout visits had an OLB listed on our Positional Rankings.

Sal Capaccio noted that the Bills bring an average of 10 LBs to training camp and only have 8 on the roster, while IDL/EDGE is full at 13 (for now). CB and S are down 3 players each, while our OL is down 4 camp bodies --4 1/2 if you count concussed Mitch Morse. RB is short 2 players, TE one, and our oldest player is WR Emmanuel Sanders.The draft will be used to address these spots. Collins, the Butkus/Nagurski Award-winner, is a Kuechly-like 6-4, 259 with elite coverage skills, and has garnered over 2 years of attention from McBeane. Collins is the only player in the FBS to have 4 sacks and 4 INTs this year. Teven Jenkins and Jaelan Phillips are tempting, as is a trade-down, but the lure of another Kuechly is too hard to resist
  • Like 1
  • FANtastic 1