Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Draft 2021

Ann

20 hours ago, Robs House said:

I'm a pretty firm believer in going BPA, or at least something resembling that approach, but if all things were equal I'd prioritize this year as follows:

DE

CB

DT

RB

WR

OT

I'm curious how others see it.

I am probably in the minority here and I don't know that he will fall to us but I would love to get Zaven Collins. Would love to see his coverage abilities along side Milano. He is also pretty good in run defense.

Last year we played primarily a 4-2 D, maybe we could move to a 3-3(?). Tulsa played much of that with Zaven.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Ann said:

Given how this team is currently built and with all of the starters who are returning on OFF/DEF it sounds like a good strategy. While there are some areas that could be improved upon, this crew won 15 games last year! From what the Bills brain trust has shown in their current era, they have earned my trust that they will not overpay (meaning spend a #1 on someone who is a few year project and couldn't be a starter at least somewhere in the NFL...because if they are choosing someone like this it would make much more sense to trade down).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I am probably in the minority here and I don't know that he will fall to us but I would love to get Zaven Collins. Would love to see his coverage abilities along side Milano. He is also pretty good in run defense.

Last year we played primarily a 4-2 D, maybe we could move to a 3-3(?). Tulsa played much of that with Zaven.

His name came up in prior draft discussions.  He checks off many boxes, with the biggest downside being that he probably doesn't last past BB*'s pick.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GG1 said:

His name came up in prior draft discussions.  He checks off many boxes, with the biggest downside being that he probably doesn't last past BB*'s pick.

Yep, yep. However, I have seen many recent mocks where he goes in round 2. Would be a fantastic get in my book if we could somehow pull it off. Trade up if need be if it doesn't cost an absorbent amount.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I could see plugging in a tweener (faster than most LBs, bigger than most DBs) to play more 3 LB coverages, but otherwise I'd be hesitant to put too many resources into the LB position when we only have 2 on the field most of the time and already have 2 entrenched starters. Unless, of course, they're planning to move on from Edmunds and are looking to draft his replacement.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
25 minutes ago, Robs House said:

I could see plugging in a tweener (faster than most LBs, bigger than most DBs) to play more 3 LB coverages, but otherwise I'd be hesitant to put too many resources into the LB position when we only have 2 on the field most of the time and already have 2 entrenched starters. Unless, of course, they're planning to move on from Edmunds and are looking to draft his replacement.

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is that guy.  It's going to be a very interesting draft.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

21 hours ago, LB3 said:

DE

DT

OT

CB

OG

RB

Bills will draft a OL in first 2 rounds, with expectations to start at C next year.

DT will be same plan, but rnd 3-4

I’m going back to a trade out of the first with Philly. We get Zack Ertz, they get # 30 and we get their 2nd rounder - it’s Bout # 36 or so IIRC. Might still get a good value player there in the second round.  

There would be other collateral involved to make that trade, but I could see it happening. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I’m going back to a trade out of the first with Philly. We get Zack Ertz, they get # 30 and we get their 2nd rounder - it’s Bout # 36 or so IIRC. Might still get a good value player there in the second round.  

There would be other collateral involved to make that trade, but I could see it happening. 

I forget where I read it but there was a mock out there where we were involved in a three team trade with the  NY Giants and some other team.  We traded our second round pick and Dawson Knox and ended up with Evan Engram. 

Give me that scenario all day, everyday. If we were somehow able to pull that trade off, got an edge or one of the top shelf OLB's in the first and managed to get Javonte Williams in the third, I would be ecstatic.

I don't think you would be able to stop our offense if we added Engram and Williams. Adding a topshelf edge or OLB that could cover TE's and I think that would put us over the top. Not that we had far to go, I think we can play with KC but we /Josh just had a bad game in the AFC Championship. Josh had nerves that should be settled the next go round.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

rumor.JPG.1fdada6b83ac8bca11c8e7bff6804f85.JPG

https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1386112628691410945

I do not know enough to make an informed opinion. For those of you who watch college ball, know who the Bills have met with, and know the team's needs...

Who do the Bills draft in the first and second round this week?
Any chance of a trade?

2021 NFL Draft Scouting Spotlight: Oklahoma C Creed Humphrey

The 2020 Buffalo Bills had to be proud of their offensive line, which kept Josh Allen upright But there’s always room for improvement. To that end, it wouldn’t be shocking if the Bills used the 2021 NFL Draft to add rookie reinforcements with a plan to upgrade. One player who’s probably been on the radar for years is Oklahoma center Creed Humphrey. The former teammate of Bills guard Cody Ford is now entering the draft himself. Would he be worth a pick in the first round? Here’s the report: ...

This would be amazing if it happens.

Buffalo Bills get a steal in the first round of the latest 7-round mock draft

1186620134-1.jpeg

... In this latest seven-round mock draft, using The Draft Network’s Mock Draft Machine, the Bills find themselves in a similar situation to 2019 where there is a player that falls to them at 30th overall that is a perfect fit but would be a surprise if he was still on the board.

Round 1, 30th Overall: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB (Notre Dame)

The linebacker position is not necessarily a great need for the Buffalo Bills but it would also not be fair to designate Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah as just a linebacker. He is a versatile player that can be used in a number of different ways that will improve this defense.

The biggest thing is that it now gives Sean McDermott and his staff a player who can allow them to play more in a traditional 4-3 defense but also still retain some of the positives of the nickel defense they have spent most of their time in the past. He is one of the best coverage linebackers in this class to the point where he not only will be able to line up against tight ends and running backs but even some slot receivers.

Another area that he helps is pressuring the quarterback, which is a priority for this team. While the focus is on the defensive end position to improve, a player like Owusu-Koramoah gives them a player who can bring pressure from the linebacker position and vary their looks with Matt Milano. ...

• Like 1