Round 5 
(pick 161) Bills: Shaun Wade, CB/S, Ohio State
(pick 174) Bills: Tony Fields II, LB, West Virginia

Round 6
(pick 213) Bills: Larry Rountree, RB, Missouri

Round 7
(pick 236) Bills: Ihmir Smith-Marsette, WR, Iowa

Not a fan of that draft.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Buffalo Bills targeting defensive tackles in Round 1 of 2021 NFL Draft

Which defensive tackles could the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Buffalo Bills potentially target in Round 1 of the 2021 NFL Draft?

Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Buffalo Bills could be landing spots for first-round defensive tackles
To the surprise of no one, Levi Onwuzurike and Christian Barmore are the defensive tackles that teams tell me sit atop their position boards, though it’s a mixed bag as to who resides in the No. 1 spot. The Buccaneers and Bills are teams who have been mentioned as potential landing spots for either Onwuzurike or Barmore late in Round 1.

Both Tampa Bay and Buffalo need edge rushers more than pass-rushing defensive tackles, but a look at their depth charts (see: Buffalo depth chart) shows that each squad has an aging starter in the final year of his contract at defensive tackle.

</snip>

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

30. Buffalo BillsChristian Barmore, DT, Alabama, 6-4, 310

Christian-Barmore.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Only five teams surrendered more rushing touchdowns than the Bills a year ago (21) and none of those clubs reached the playoffs. The 2021 defensive tackle class is below average, but most see the massive (and still ascending) Barmore as the best of the bunch. 

(Fox Sports)

• Like 3

Clemson RB Travis Etienne would give the Bills offense a true home-run hitter
Sal Maiorana
Rochester Democrat and Chronicle

</snip>

Which is why it’s not surprising that many Bills fans are hoping general manager Brandon Beane takes the plunge and selects Clemson’s record-breaking running back Travis Etienne — perhaps the most dynamic player at his position available in the 2021 NFL Draft — with the No. 30 overall pick.

Of course, there’s a pretty big “if” attached to this wish because there’s a good chance Etienne won’t be available at the bottom of the first round, which is understandable. His resume is simply stupendous and there aren't many highlight reels more entertaining than his.

</snip>

And then later...

4merper4mer
8 hours ago, B-Man said:

30. Buffalo BillsChristian Barmore, DT, Alabama, 6-4, 310

Christian-Barmore.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Only five teams surrendered more rushing touchdowns than the Bills a year ago (21) and none of those clubs reached the playoffs. The 2021 defensive tackle class is below average, but most see the massive (and still ascending) Barmore as the best of the bunch. 

(Fox Sports)

Is this guy 1T or 3T?  I like the idea of picking up a 1T in this draft and could even get behind it at 30.  Barmore seems to be available in about half the mocks.

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Is this guy 1T or 3T?  I like the idea of picking up a 1T in this draft and could even get behind it at 30.  Barmore seems to be available in about half the mocks.

1T , I believe

GM Brandon Beane: Bills running backs aren't 'home run hitters,' could consider adding explosive RB early in draft

</snip>

Despite the desire to improve that rushing attack in 2021, GM Brandon Beane told reporters Wednesday that he likes his current group of backs and isn't going to press to snag a running back early in the draft, including with the No. 30 overall pick.

"I'm not going into this draft going, 'Man we got to find some back here in the top few rounds or anything like that,'" Beane said, via New York Upstate.

The GM's statement came with a caveat: He'd pull the trigger on a running back that would bring an added home-run element to the Bills backfield.

Beane has used third-round picks in back-to-back drafts on running backs, snagging Devin Singletary in 2019 and Zack Moss in 2020. Both have proven to be solid runners, but neither stands out as a game-breaker. This offseason, the Bills brought in Matt Breida, who is the closest back on the roster to owning a home-run skillset.

</snip>

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1384840707614072835

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ann said:

Clemson RB Travis Etienne would give the Bills offense a true home-run hitter
Sal Maiorana
Rochester Democrat and Chronicle

</snip>

Which is why it’s not surprising that many Bills fans are hoping general manager Brandon Beane takes the plunge and selects Clemson’s record-breaking running back Travis Etienne — perhaps the most dynamic player at his position available in the 2021 NFL Draft — with the No. 30 overall pick.

Of course, there’s a pretty big “if” attached to this wish because there’s a good chance Etienne won’t be available at the bottom of the first round, which is understandable. His resume is simply stupendous and there aren't many highlight reels more entertaining than his.

</snip>

And then later...

Reason enough to avoid that selection.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm a pretty firm believer in going BPA, or at least something resembling that approach, but if all things were equal I'd prioritize this year as follows:

DE

CB

DT

RB

WR

OT

I'm curious how others see it.

50 minutes ago, Robs House said:

I'm a pretty firm believer in going BPA, or at least something resembling that approach, but if all things were equal I'd prioritize this year as follows:

DE

CB

DT

RB

WR

OT

LB if the right one falls to us Beane.

Edited by Uncle Joe
as pertains to BPA, not necessarily order
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Robs House said:

DE

CB

DT

RB

WR

OT

Definitely agree on the priority of needs this year.  But based on the available talent in 2021 and who is likely to still be around at #30, I see BPA falling like this

RB

CB

OT

WR

DE

Just Joshin
1 hour ago, Robs House said:

DE

CB

DT

RB

WR

OT

I would move OT after CB and add LB after OT.  Agree Edge and CB are 1A and 1B.

1 hour ago, Robs House said:

DE

CB

DT

RB

WR

OT

DE

DT

OT

CB

OG