Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Foxx

more defense

https://www.outkick.com/outkick-nfl-mock-draft-picks-1-27-now-locked-in/

Last week, OutKick posted an updated mock draft for the 2023 NFL Draft season, adding the Wild Card losers. Now that four more teams have been eliminated from Super Bowl contention following the Divisional Round, picks 1-27 are officially locked in.

27. Buffalo Bills – Zach Harrison, EDGE, Ohio State

The Bills defensive line got absolutely owned by the Bengals in the playoffs — and that’s a Bengals line that was missing three out of five starters, including both tackles. They have to start building a pass rush. Von Miller should return, but he’s into his mid-30s. They need to add a young edge guy who can get after Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert and all the great passers in the AFC. The best on the board at this point is Harrison, so Buffalo scoops him and looks to add more depth in later rounds.

• Haha 1
  • Boo 1

17 hours ago, Spartacus said:

more defense

https://www.outkick.com/outkick-nfl-mock-draft-picks-1-27-now-locked-in/

Last week, OutKick posted an updated mock draft for the 2023 NFL Draft season, adding the Wild Card losers. Now that four more teams have been eliminated from Super Bowl contention following the Divisional Round, picks 1-27 are officially locked in.

27. Buffalo Bills – Zach Harrison, EDGE, Ohio State

The Bills defensive line got absolutely owned by the Bengals in the playoffs — and that’s a Bengals line that was missing three out of five starters, including both tackles. They have to start building a pass rush. Von Miller should return, but he’s into his mid-30s. They need to add a young edge guy who can get after Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert and all the great passers in the AFC. The best on the board at this point is Harrison, so Buffalo scoops him and looks to add more depth in later rounds.

For what its worth, 

Beane indicated the entire DL played hurt- 2which badly impacted their performance

His mindset is likely to give it a go next year with a healthy DL and not dump more high draft choices into it

cross your fingers

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Foxx said:

As presently constructed, the Bills will have the third highest amount of cap allocated to the Dline grouping.

Well then it’s time for them to earn that nickel imo. Ed Oliver has to show everyone why he was ninth overall pick. Expecting now after 4 season to get to next level and be a consistent force. Rousseau will wait and see next year if he continues to make leaps. Be good to get miller back but need some opposite that can create terror. Just my opinion 

Edited by Rochesterny
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Rochesterny said:

Well then it’s time for them to earn that nickel imo. Ed Oliver has to show everyone why he was ninth overall pick. Expecting now after 4 season to get to next level and be a consistent force. Rousseau will wait and see next year if he continues to make leaps. Be good to get miller back but need some opposite that can create terror. Just my opinion 

It is really hard to make a fair evaluation of our Dline's capabilities when their first and foremost job is, contain, contain contain and only then is their secondary concern of, contain, contain, contain allowed to be pursued. 

• Wow 1
  • Applause 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 7:03 AM, Foxx said:

It is really hard to make a fair evaluation of our Dline's capabilities when their first and foremost job is, contain, contain contain and only then is their secondary concern of, contain, contain, contain allowed to be pursued. 

especially when that contain mantra fails to result in stopping the run with any consistency

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 2/15/2023 at 7:03 AM, Foxx said:

Contain would work a lot better if they had, oh, I don't know, maybe THREE linebackers to make plays while the line soaked up blockers?

• Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Contain would work a lot better if they had, oh, I don't know, maybe THREE linebackers to make plays while the line soaked up blockers?

Taron Johnson serves as the 3rd LB on running plays

I don't think he's the problem 

Crap Throwing Clavin
30 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Taron Johnson isn't the problem.

The heavy nickel scheme is the problem.

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin

6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Taron Johnson isn't the problem.

The heavy nickel scheme is the problem.

the personnel grouping is not the problem either

the insistence on playing soft in their DL pressure and their zone coverages is the problem

The D needs to play with its hair on fire 

5 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Yep, he handles those 300lb Olinemen with ease. Throws them aside and makes the tackle every time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Yep, he handles those 300lb Olinemen with ease. Throws them aside and makes the tackle every time.

yeah- a LB with another 15-20 lb is gonna make a huge difference against those OL

especially when they decide to throw the ball to the guy covered by the big fat run stuffer

Alaska Darin
On 3/2/2023 at 4:44 PM, Foxx said:

He does a much better job than 49 does of making them miss.  Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have a good all-around LBer on the field on early downs but TJ isn't a huge reason the defense struggles against the run.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bills to draft D tackle?

2 sources weigh in

https://theathletic.com/4409612/2023/04/14/buffalo-bills-nfl-draft-3/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

Rounds 1 and 2 fits

Mazi Smith, Michigan                     #39   1T
    Keeanu Benton, Wisconsin         #56   1T
    Gervon Dexter Sr., Florida           #55   3T
    Bryan Bresee, Clemson               #23   3T

Rounds 3 through 5 fits

Zacch Pickens, South Carolina           #83   3T/1T
   Cameron Young, Mississippi State              1T
   Jaquelin Roy, LSU                                              Hybrid
   Byron Young, Alabama                                    3T
   Karl Brooks, Bowling Green                          3T

https://buffalofambase.com/2023/02/26/elimination-game-interior-d-line-2023-nfl-draft/

The Bills want their D-Line to get to the quarterback as quickly as possible. 

The Bills seem to have been vulnerable against the run while pressuring the QB, so let’s sort the above list by NFLDraftBuzz’s Run Defense Ratings, highest-first:

Benton, Durden, and Ademilola might be nice Day 3 choices if they lasted that long, but they don’t offer run defense, and there are other scouted DT3Ts there that rank higher in Pressures Per Game, too. With Carter off the list, and the least effective DT3Ts against the run removed, I’m doing a sort by their current position on my BuffaloFAMBase Big Board, which you can use on FanSpeak Simulator.

Hopefully, you “Kancey” which ones “Isaiah” the Bills taking! image-4-1024x297.png(c) Dean Kindig, BuffaloFAMBas