Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Foxx

Alaska Darin
5 hours ago, Foxx said:

I'm pretty sure he is what Star was supposed to be.

You are correct.  He is eating up blockers and not giving ground.  Onalim specifically is definitely benefiting from the more consistent play in front of him but it's pretty clear everyone at the second level is cleaner and more able to knife through to make plays.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

An NFL.com article.

Buffalo comes in at #2.

2022 NFL season's early top-10 defensive lines: Nick Bosa-led 49ers group, deep Bills unit top the board

3-1 · T-1st in AFC East
  • Pass rush score: 95
  • Run defense score: 73
  • OVERALL SCORE: 87

Buffalo's depth along the defensive front is a testament to the organization's roster construction and player development. For the second straight season, the Bills have at least eight defensive-front players logging between 20 and 60 percent of defensive snaps. This rotation helps keep their pass rushers' legs fresh, an approach which has unleashed veteran offseason addition Von Miller. The future Hall of Famer has generated 18 pressures this season (tied for second-most in the NFL), despite having just 78 pass rushes (tied for 94th).

Unencumbered by fatigue, Buffalo's pass rush has generated the third-highest pressure rate this season (33.1 percent). This is even more impressive when you consider that Sean McDermott and Leslie Frazier rarely send any extra bodies -- the Bills have blitzed on just 11 percent of dropbacks this season, the only defense with a blitz rate under 16 percent.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2022 NFL season's early top-10 defensive lines

2. Buffalo Bills

• Pass rush score: 95
  • Run defense score: 73
  • OVERALL SCORE: 87

Buffalo's depth along the defensive front is a testament to the organization's roster construction and player development. For the second straight season, the Bills have at least eight defensive-front players logging between 20 and 60 percent of defensive snaps. This rotation helps keep their pass rushers' legs fresh, an approach which has unleashed veteran offseason addition Von Miller. The future Hall of Famer has generated 18 pressures this season (tied for second-most in the NFL), despite having just 78 pass rushes (tied for 94th).

Unencumbered by fatigue, Buffalo's pass rush has generated the third-highest pressure rate this season (33.1 percent). This is even more impressive when you consider that Sean McDermott and Leslie Frazier rarely send any extra bodies -- the Bills have blitzed on just 11 percent of dropbacks this season, the only defense with a blitz rate under 16 percent.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Anybody know when we'll hear from the league on whether Epenesa gets any fine/supplementary discipline for what presumably was an accidental elbow to Hussey's head?

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 hours ago, Taro T said:

Anybody know when we'll hear from the league on whether Epenesa gets any fine/supplementary discipline for what presumably was an accidental elbow to Hussey's head?

It really looked to me, on viewing, that Hussey said something, and Epenesa chirped back, and that was what ultimately caused Huseey to throw the flag and ejection.  The elbow was clearly not intentional.   

• Cheers 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Look at Timmy Settle just friggin' drop an anchor. 

He really...

...wait for it!...

...settled in there.

Yeah, that sucked.  I'll face-palm it myself, Darin.  :facepalm:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Look at Timmy Settle just friggin' drop an anchor. 

Pretty sure it was the Baltimore game and their big fullback is carrying tacklers until Settle grabbed him from behind and the FB started going backwards. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Pretty sure it was the Baltimore game and their big fullback is carrying tacklers until Settle grabbed him from behind and the FB started going backwards. 

Snow Plow!

• Haha 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

This is wild.

Phillips and Jones occupy 4 of 5 offensive linemen here, as Poyer blows up the play in the backfield.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

Both him and Settle deserve a ton of credit against the run.  They are holding ground and keeping everyone free, so both the LBers and safeties are able to knife through clean to make tackles.

It is astounding. I think we always knew Milano was good but now even Edmunds looks like he belongs.

As an aside, I'm also loving the situational 3-3-5 we are employing this year. Saw it on a limited basis before the Chiefs game, good to know it is more than just a flash in the pan and that we have it in our arsenal.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

It is astounding. I think we always knew Milano was good but now even Edmunds looks like he belongs.

As an aside, I'm also loving the situational 3-3-5 we are employing this year. Saw it on a limited basis before the Chiefs game, good to know it is more than just a flash in the pan and that we have it in our arsenal.

It appears as if we made our defensive line diversified enough to widen our schemes during our game planning. This is a team that will be very difficult to game plan for and the days of opposing offenses to worry only about 4 rushers and cover 2 are over. 

• Cheers 2

44 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Boogie is in danger of being inactive if he doesn't flash more.  Shaq has been very, very good the last 3 games.

Veteran player outplaying a 2nd year player. I can remember Shaq had a ways to go after his 1st two years.
Boogie just needs to keep working at his game. I also saw him bull rush his blocker into Mahomey last game.

• Like 3