Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Foxx

Bills' Greg Rousseau confident he can reach double-digit sacks this year

Greg Rousseau entered the Buffalo Bills’ Week 9 game last year against the New York Jets accurately labeled as an on-the-rise pass rusher. He had 4½ sacks in the first seven games, eclipsing his rookie total of four.

But a backfield cut block while in run pursuit equaled a high ankle sprain that cost him the rest of that game (a Bills loss) and the next three games (1-2 record).

Rousseau, a defensive end, finished with eight sacks, tied for the team lead with Von Miller, but it was a what-might-have-been situation. Without the injury, he should have reached 10-12 sacks.

As he prepares for the start of his third NFL training camp next month, Rousseau has used the offseason to focus on his pre-injury production as a reason for optimism.

“The way I started the year, that’s how I envisioned playing,” he told The Buffalo News earlier this month at Miller’s pass-rush summit in suburban Las Vegas.

</snip>

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Welcome to our exclusive interview with Buffalo Bills' defensive end, Gregory Rousseau! In this captivating film breakdown, we delve deep into the mind of this rising star as we unravel his mastery of the technical and mental game. Join us as we analyze Rousseau's strategic approach on each play, both against the run and pass. With fans eagerly anticipating his breakout season, get ready to discover the secrets behind his exceptional skills and gain unique insights into his tactical brilliance

Inside the Mind of Gregory Rousseau: Mastering the Technical and Mental Game | Film Room

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Alaska Darin
On 7/13/2023 at 9:47 AM, Ann said:

DaQuan Jones is one of the most important players on the Buffalo Bills defense, but he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. In this video, Jones joins the boys in The Film Room to break down his defensive techniques and assignments.

DT DaQuan Jones: The Unsung Hero of the Buffalo Bills Defense | Film Room

I have very high hopes for the DLine this year because of the addition of Poona Ford and Leonard Floyd.  There's now proven quality depth behind Von Miller and D. Jones, who are the most critical players on the defense.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

On 6/5/2023 at 4:10 PM, SquirminThurman said:

4th and 1 or 4th and goal and the Bills can line up Von Miller/ D Jones/ P Ford/ Floyd.... yes I'll take those chances.

3rd/4th and 5 or more, I take that line up. 4th and 1, I think I'd rather see Lawson/Ford/Jones/Rousseau out there. Von and Floyd are okay against the run but Lawson and Rousseau might be better.

• Like 2

SquirminThurman
On 6/10/2023 at 3:09 PM, Alaska Darin said:

Say what you want about TN. Jeff Simmons has been a hell of a football player.

• Like 2

SquirminThurman
5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I have very high hopes for the DLine this year because of the addition of Poona Ford and Leonard Floyd.  There's now proven quality depth behind Von Miller and D. Jones, who are the most critical players on the defense.

Nice blend of youth and vet experience. Lots of producers.

• FANtastic 2

SquirminThurman
4 hours ago, Foxx said:

3rd/4th and 5 or more, I take that line up. 4th and 1, I think I'd rather see Lawson/Ford/Jones/Rousseau out there. Von and Floyd are okay against the run but Lawson and Rousseau might be better.

Season on the line and 4th and 1.

Floyd/ Ford/ Jones/ Lawson

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Jabba The Hutt
14 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

Season on the line, trade for Nick Bosa:classic_love:

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

Season on the line and 4th and 1, I might go with a 5/2

Lawson/Ford/Jones/Rousseau/Miller

Floyd                             Milano 

White                     Hyde               Poyer                          Elam

• Like 3
  • Popcorn 1

The correct answer is “The Blitzkreig Bop.” And I won’t be able to stop dancing either after The Bills win the SuperBowl. 

Make it happen. Make it happen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1