david-caruso-glasses-on.gif

...settle down a little.

• Facepalm 4
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Then maybe you should...

david-caruso-glasses-on.gif

...settle down a little.

And just why would any Bills fan settle for less - one might ask.

• Like 1

A good common sense article.

Bills training camp positional preview: Will young edge rushers step up with Von Miller?

Even without a ton of salary-cap space and some long-term questions, the Bills declared through their signing of Von Miller that they believe they’re close to a Super Bowl win. They used a lot of cap-altering techniques they’ve generally avoided under general manager Brandon Beane, which only set the stage more for the big signing to make an impact.

Miller joins a group of promising yet unproven edge rushers to help solve one of the team’s last remaining issues. And if they’re right, it could reap big rewards this coming season.

What stands out at the position leading up to training camp, and who could force his way into a more significant role? Here is a detailed outlook for when the Bills return for training camp in late July. ...

A good article from the Athletic.

Bills training camp positional preview: Is DT Ed Oliver poised for monster season?

Biggest question

... Is Ed Oliver on the cusp of a statistical breakout season?

Over the past three years, the Bills have patiently watched Oliver as he’s made strides from a top-10 pick to a core player. Most of his impact was seen better on coaches film than with flash plays during games, but last year, Oliver took a massive step forward. He became an impact player every week and became a no-doubt-about-it decision for his fifth-year option in 2023. Beane, who usually doesn’t signal intent with future dealings, said he hopes Oliver is around for longer than just the fifth year. Now with an improved supporting cast around Oliver, he has the potential to become a breakout star on the Bills defense.

Oliver is joined by superstar pass rusher Von Miller along with better pass rushers around him at defensive tackle. Miller is likely to draw plenty of double-teams, likely allowing Oliver more one-on-one pass-rushing opportunities. According to ESPN’s Seth Walder, Oliver faced double-teams over half the time last season, likely as a nod to how effective a player Oliver has become in three years. Even with those double-teams, his flash plays and stops in the backfield increased by the end of last season.

Oliver has a rare blend of explosiveness, speed and hand-battling ability and an uncanny power element for a player who lacks the size that others at his position possess. The team has also made it known that he has grown off the field with his focus on preparations during the week, something that came with time and experience at the professional level. With all the improvements around him and fewer double-teams to contend with, he has the potential to become a top-tier pass-rushing defensive tackle in 2022. He has never had a better situation around him. Do not be surprised if Oliver is one of the breakout defensive players of the upcoming season and sets a career high in sacks and pressures. ...

• Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

OBF DAB POMA MEBEORSS

Do I need to create a word expansion for this acronym?

Crap Throwing Clavin
24 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Do I need to create a word expansion for this acronym?

That would spoil the mockery.

I pull these out of my ass in the moment anyway (thus, "POMA" - pulled outta my ass).   MEBEORSS - "Magic Eight Ball Estimation Of Regular Season Success" is the first, and likely only, one I'll reuse.  

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

That would spoil the mockery.

I pull these out of my ass in the moment anyway (thus, "POMA" - pulled outta my ass).   MEBEORSS - "Magic Eight Ball Estimation Of Regular Season Success" is the first, and likely only, one I'll reuse.  

Can't find the thread that talked about Josh's YAC were low last year and he wanted to improve that statistic. I wanted to post that it's really hard to get YAC if he's throwing bombs to receivers that are either at the four yard line or already IN the end zone. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Can't find the thread that talked about Josh's YAC were low last year and he wanted to improve that statistic. I wanted to post that it's really hard to get YAC if he's throwing bombs to receivers that are either at the four yard line or already IN the end zone. 

He might need to improve his YAC, but his OBF DAB POMA YAVLB* is already maxxed out.

*Yards After Vaulting Over Linebacker.

• Haha 1

Deranged Rhino
3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Man I hope so. 

If Groot and Ed double their sack numbers, which is very possible with the attention focused on Miller, you’re looking at the best defense in the league by a lot. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

He might need to improve his YAC, but his OBF DAB POMA YAVLB* is already maxxed out.

*Yards After Vaulting Over Linebacker.

Are you sure about that? He’s still growing. That, and the LB position is being undervalued (as a trend). I can easily envision the league in about five years where there are only DLinemen and Safeties and Corners. That would be necessary to cover the Five Receivers the Os will put on the field every play. 

LBs are going the way of FBs and RBs… perhaps. 

WTFDIKBISP. 

But it seems possible. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Nanker said:

WTFDIKBISP. 

Is it bad that I understood that?

I may add it as an OBF DAB POMA metric.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Is it bad that I understood that?

I may add it as an OBF DAB POMA metric.

Knew you’d get it. 

11 hours ago, Nanker said:

Are you sure about that? He’s still growing. That, and the LB position is being undervalued (as a trend). I can easily envision the league in about five years where there are only DLinemen and Safeties and Corners. That would be necessary to cover the Five Receivers the Os will put on the field every play. 

LBs are going the way of FBs and RBs… perhaps. 

WTFDIKBISP. 

But it seems possible. 

which is why it's questionable to trash on Edwards according to traditional LB metrics