Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Foxx

16 minutes ago, Core Four said:

If only Marcel Darius had his head on straight, guy could have been really good.  All the talent in the world...

tis why you  can't draft only on "pure" talent

too many head cases 

the number drafted by the Bills have dropped dramatically under Beane

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Coming out of clege, Basham struck me as a Phil Hansen type of player - solid, but not spectacular, of the sort that you need to fill out a roster.

If he can be more than that, that would be awesome.

• Like 1
  • O Rly 1

Alaska Darin
3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Coming out of clege, Basham struck me as a Phil Hansen type of player - solid, but not spectacular, of the sort that you need to fill out a roster.

If he can be more than that, that would be awesome.

Beane and company were pretty happy to chose him - literally made it a point not to trade the pick because he was there.  Most DLineman don't really hit their NFL stride until year 3, so we'll see how much he changes.  I don't think he's ever produced to his athletic abilities, so the culture change might be just the thing to get him to his best.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Alaska Darin said:

The autistic tranny one-legged Jamaican coach lobby is ecstatic at the news.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

My bold prediction for '22: Ed gets 8+ sacks, almost double his best to season to date.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

Alaska Darin
5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm overly optimistic about Settle.  I watched some of their stuff and he's great at holding his spot at the line on running plays and pretty disruptive on passing plays.  He played with arguably the most talented DLine in the NFL last season, though with the tinkering GMBB has done, we're right there with them now.  We don't have anyone that matches what Young can do but they don't have a guy like Von Miller, either.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm overly optimistic about Settle.  I watched some of their stuff and he's great at holding his spot at the line on running plays and pretty disruptive on passing plays.  He played with arguably the most talented DLine in the NFL last season, though with the tinkering GMBB has done, we're right there with them now.  We don't have anyone that matches what Young can do but they don't have a guy like Von Miller, either.

I kinda have the same optimism for Saffold on the other side of the ball. I have work colleague who's a Titans fan -- knowledgeable dude much like you find here --  and he hated losing Saffold.  Says he's a better run blocker than pass protector, but in fairness, Allen makes me less concerned about his pass blocking skills provided he doesn't turn into Bobby Hart or Cody Ford vs. the Jaguars.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

I kinda have the same optimism for Saffold on the other side of the ball. I have work colleague who's a Titans fan -- knowledgeable dude much like you find here --  and he hated losing Saffold.  Says he's a better run blocker than pass protector, but in fairness, Allen makes me less concerned about his pass blocking skills provided he doesn't turn into Bobby Hart or Cody Ford vs. the Jaguars.

The thing about Saffold...is by the 4th quarter when you want your pass rushers to be able to rush...he has beaten that dude's ass severely.  He is a punishing blocker - just mauls people.  It's something we've seriously been missing since Feliciano got exposed and became "just a guy."  That attitude is contagious AF.

I think Kromer is going to get Saffold back to the top of his game against the pass, which translates into significantly better guard play that we had last season.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The thing about Saffold...is by the 4th quarter when you want your pass rushers to be able to rush...he has beaten that dude's ass severely.  He is a punishing blocker - just mauls people.  It's something we've seriously been missing since Feliciano got exposed and became "just a guy."  That attitude is contagious AF.

I think Kromer is going to get Saffold back to the top of his game against the pass, which translates into significantly better guard play that we had last season.

Man, I hope so. I love the Miller signing because it's big and splashy and says the Bills are for real, but the Settle and Saffold signings to me are really under-the-radar quality stuff that will be remembered as integral McBean steps to get this team a Lombardi.

• Like 4