Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hello everyone,

Westside

6 minutes ago, Hitbyaparkedcar said:

Hello all! I'm new to any type of forums, this is the first I've ever signed up for. I did lurk ATOP for awhile, and watched the madness descend on PPP, so I followed over here to lurk for awhile and decided to sign up. Bills fan for 50 years or so (it's all a blur sometimes...) and left the geographical area in the early 80's. You never really leave the Bills though, sigh. Looking forward to some minor interactions, I don't post much, but I do enjoy all the perspectives, humor and personalities here.  Go Bills

That is some user name! If you have any questions on how the board works, please feel free to ask over in Customer Support

Welcome aboard! :cheer:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hitbyaparkedcar said:

Hello all! I'm new to any type of forums, this is the first I've ever signed up for. I did lurk ATOP for awhile, and watched the madness descend on PPP, so I followed over here to lurk for awhile and decided to sign up. Bills fan for 50 years or so (it's all a blur sometimes...) and left the geographical area in the early 80's. You never really leave the Bills though, sigh. Looking forward to some minor interactions, I don't post much, but I do enjoy all the perspectives, humor and personalities here.  Go Bills

Welcome, and your screen name is very evocative of too many nights out in college.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hitbyaparkedcar said:

Thanks! That and street hockey/football in the 70s :). I still run into one occasionally, but it's not alcohol induced now 😞

I was going to say, your screen name goes a long way in explaining why your 50 years of fandom is a blur. 

Edited by shrader
  • Haha 1

Hitbyaparkedcar
30 minutes ago, shrader said:

I was going to say, your screen name goes a long way in explaining why you 50?years of fandom is a blur. 

Ha! There is truth in that. I do remember most of the good Bills years though, and this looks to be one of them.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hitbyaparkedcar said:

Ha! There is truth in that. I do remember most of the good Bills years though, and this looks to be one of them.

Yes. THESE are the good old days!

• Like 1

My hope is that we look back at the beginning of the Josh Allen era and can say, "We didn't know what we had when The Bills picked him." He's been amazing this year. I see him as a cross between Brett Favre and Big Ben.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2020 at 11:57 AM, Hitbyaparkedcar said:

I, too, watched from the outside in as a lurker. I'm curious your take on wtf happened.

You likely wouldn't know who I was unless you read two years ago or more.

Hitbyaparkedcar
4 hours ago, Boyst said:

I, too, watched from the outside in as a lurker. I'm curious your take on wtf happened.

You likely wouldn't know who I was unless you read two years ago or more.

Outsider looking in... There's a ton of info, opinions, and links there. It really was a great p!ace to go for that, and for different perspectives. I'm a sponge for info, so it worked for me. About the time covid hit, it became flooded with people that had opinions, but refused to consider others viewpoints. Looked coordinated to me, with the goal of running off folks who appeared to be part of solutions, not problems. If you're plugging your ears and yelling so loud that I can't hear what you're saying, I won't engage. Immature, childish, and programmed is no way to go through life.... My two cents.

Edited by Hitbyaparkedcar
Mispelling
  • Like 5
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Hitbyaparkedcar said:

Outsider looking in... There's a ton of info, opinions, and links there. It really was a great p!ace to go for that, and for different perspectives. I'm a sponge for info, so it worked for me. About the time covid hit, it became flooded with people that had opinions, but refused to consider others viewpoints. Looked coordinated to me, with the goal of running off folks who appeared to be part of solutions, not problems. If you're plugging your ears and yelling so loud that I can't hear what you're saying, I won't engage. Immature, childish, and programmed is no way to go through life.... My two cents.

How long were you lurking?

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 12/4/2020 at 11:57 AM, Hitbyaparkedcar said:

Welcome! Thrilled to have you!

• Like 1

Hitbyaparkedcar
7 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Welcome! Thrilled to have you!

Thanks. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Other than research and buying stuff, I'm rarely online. I don't do any social media, except for here. Figured I'd give it a shot. With all the options out there, it really is significant that some of the most insightful stuff around is found on boards populated by individuals who have learned what it means to be disappointed for long stretches of life by a team that they can't quit 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1