Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen and the QB Room

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

[As we move through the off-season, We thought it might be good to have threads dedicated to position groupings so as to better keep track of what is going on with each. As always, you are free to start your own thread on any subject. We just ask that if you do, cross post it to the respective [positional grouping] thread for ease of reference by others.]

F9FA5539-CDD4-4614-8F91-0DC211F0D549.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ann said:

2020 group:

Josh Allen
Matt Barkley
Jake Fromm

I expect this to be a dead thread. :cheer:

Don't forget Davis who signed the futures deal.  They love his mentoring and quasi coaching role.  Barkley is a UFA, and there's a chance that Fromm gets the 2nd QB spot.

Barkley will need to take a pay cut me thinks.  While it appears the Bills value him, if they can save  a million they may need to do so. 

With no cap issues, they might pursue a better backup but unlikely with the cap situation.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

We have to start thinking about Allen's replacement...

I mean, given that it took a quarter-century to find Kelly's replacement.  We can't start thinking about this too early.

Eh, no rush. Allen's replacement hasn't been born yet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Koko said:

Eh, no rush. Allen's replacement hasn't been born yet.

I liked this and then I thought, "Ut oh... does that mean Josh is good for 20+ years and the Bills do not need a replacement until 2042? Or that the Bills are in the QB desert again after Josh retires?"

Deranged Rhino
5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I would have zero problem if they spent a 4th or later on a similar QB to JA for future development. 

Same. If Josh goes down I don't have much faith in any of other QBs on the roster to win consistently. Besides, even if they never need to put the young guy on the field, young QB2s can sometimes be flipped for picks.

• Cheers 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
6 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I would have zero problem if they spent a 4th or later on a similar QB to JA for future development. 

A similar QB to Josh?

I don’t think we can afford to pay Mahomes to sit on our bench.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

What if they traded their 4th for Bridgewater, and threw in some 7th down the line?

44 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

What if they traded their 4th for Bridgewater, and threw in some 7th down the line?

We can't afford him. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 6:47 PM, Ann said:

I liked this and then I thought, "Ut oh... does that mean Josh is good for 20+ years and the Bills do not need a replacement until 2042? Or that the Bills are in the QB desert again after Josh retires?"

So I will be 72.....Im fine with that.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Ann said:

If you want to listen/read to Sal Capaccio's state of the QB group, click here.

His analysis makes sense.  They may move on from Barkley if they could upgrade at same cost but I suspect they would be OK with staying pat.

52 minutes ago, Just Joshin said:

His analysis makes sense.  They may move on from Barkley if they could upgrade at same cost but I suspect they would be OK with staying pat.

After seeing what Nate Peterman got? Barkley it is!

1 hour ago, Just Joshin said:

Barkley is fine as a backup. He can come in to run the offense if needed, and, it seems, helps a lot in the QB room.