Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Coaches and Front Office

Hedge

Seasons1992
23 hours ago, Spartacus said:

that's whast happens when you don't have a baseball marketing guy running the show

I heard my name?

Russ Brandon Q&A: Bills 'yearn for great times ahead'

• Haha 2

Blessed Believer
22 hours ago, Spartacus said:

his impact may be upcoming

who gets poached?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/02/report-giants-fire-director-of-college-scouting-senior-personnel-executive/

New Giants General Manager Joe Schoen kept most of the staff he inherited through the draft, but once the draft ended, he didn’t waste time making changes.

The Giants have fired Chris Pettit as the director of college scouting and senior personnel executive Kyle O’Brien, Neil Stratton of insidetheleague.com.

you make a good point…I didn’t consider Schoen firing many of the Giant scouts and poaching Bills scouts.  I guess some would leave for more money, right?  Why can’t Bills match whatever Giants offer some dude?  Besides, who would rather live in New York City with all that traffic?  😎

BB

Blessed Believer
On 4/20/2022 at 3:48 PM, Spartacus said:

offense to run thru Josh Allen

I guess he cleared up that misunderstanding about becoming RB centric

Make sure Josh Allen does not get hit except when he wants to do the hitting. 

Blessed Believer
15 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Given they had him for pretty much the entire evaluation process, I'm not sure THIS is the year to evaluate his impact on the draft.  Next year will be far more telling but it's pretty clear to me that GMBB is the Captain of the ship and everyone else is rowing at his behest.

yeah, I guess you are right. Although Schoen and Co seemed to pick some guys I bet who they wanted and not the guys the Giant scouts wanted (Robinson-Daboll/Kafka pick: Flott and McFadden- a Wink pick). 

• Like 2

Spartacus

The Rooney Rule in all its majesty

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/09/doug-whaley-set-for-second-steelers-g-m-interview/

Another name has been added to the list of second interviews for the Steelers General Manager job.

Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that former Bills G.M. Doug Whaley is set for a second interview.

Whaley worked under outgoing G.M. Kevin Colbert during his time in Pittsburgh, so he’d provide some continuity if he were to succeed Colbert at the top of the personnel department.

• Wow 1

Billsandhorns
2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/09/doug-whaley-set-for-second-steelers-g-m-interview/

Another name has been added to the list of second interviews for the Steelers General Manager job.

Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that former Bills G.M. Doug Whaley is set for a second interview.

Whaley worked under outgoing G.M. Kevin Colbert during his time in Pittsburgh, so he’d provide some continuity if he were to succeed Colbert at the top of the personnel department.

I kind of hope he gets the job

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Arm of Harm
6 hours ago, Spartacus said:

When I saw the 😮 emoji as a reaction to your post, the first thought which leaped into my head was, Spartacus has figured out a way to bestow reactions to his own posts!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Bills Hire Texans Director Of Player Personnel To New Role (msn.com)

Beane was in need of a high-end No. 2 official following the departure of now New York Giants general manager Joe Schoen. The Texans promoted Bazirgan to co-assistant director of player personnel last May following his interview for the Texans general manager position. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

He sent Edmunds to pick up the award...but he went to the wrong place to get it.

• Haha 1

Arm of Harm

As was mentioned in another thread, the Bills recently signed a player named Vonte Davis. (Not to be confused with the original Vonte Davis.) Of course, avoiding that confusion would have been a little easier if they hadn’t given this new Vonte Davis the same jersey number. 

I want Leslie Frazier to spend lots of time with Vonte Davis. I want Frazier to listen carefully to every word Davis has to say. If the Bills’ defense is getting lit up in the first half of a game, I want Frazier and Davis to spend halftime together in a conference room. If the two of them emerge from that conference room with a retirement-related decision, so be it. I can live with that. McDermott would need to call plays for the second half, which means we’d be getting reasonably competent play calling for a change.