Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Coaches and Front Office

Hedge

• 3 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
8 minutes ago, Ann said:

Belichick at 10!? 🤔

Of course.  Look who he's surrounding Mac Jones with.  I mean...Ty Montgomery?  Who can argue with that signing?

• Haha 1

On 4/14/2022 at 4:27 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Of course.  Look who he's surrounding Mac Jones with.  I mean...Ty Montgomery?  Who can argue with that signing?

Not to mention that Matt Patricia and Joe Judge are going to be tasked with grooming him in his all important second year. 🤣

Billsandhorns
19 hours ago, Spartacus said:

offense to run thru Josh Allen

I guess he cleared up that misunderstanding about becoming RB centric

The offense should run the the one guy that touches the ball on 100% of the offensive snaps.

Crap Throwing Clavin
59 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

The offense should run the the one guy that touches the ball on 100% of the offensive snaps.

Mitch Morse?

• Haha 2

On 4/21/2022 at 12:17 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Mitch Morse?

Unless he's in the shotgun JA touches three times the amount of balls that Mitch Morse does. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Brandon Beane’s ‘lasting formula’ to build a champion in Buffalo
Michael Silver

</snip>

The Bills’ organizational reshaping began after the 2016 season. Buffalo had missed the playoffs for the 17th consecutive campaign, extending the longest drought in major professional sports. In conjunction with his wife and fellow owner, Kim, Pegula fired coach Rex Ryan and ultimately replaced him with McDermott, the Carolina Panthers defensive coordinator for the previous six seasons.

Then, after the 2017 draft, the Pegulas cleaned out the personnel department, parting ways with GM Doug Whaley and his entire scouting staff. McDermott then recruited Beane, a North Carolina native who had spent nearly two decades in the Panthers personnel department, ascending to interim GM in 2012 and later staying as new GM Dave Gettleman’s right-hand man.

</snip>

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 hours ago, Ann said:

Brandon Beane’s ‘lasting formula’ to build a champion in Buffalo
Michael Silver

</snip>

The Bills’ organizational reshaping began after the 2016 season. Buffalo had missed the playoffs for the 17th consecutive campaign, extending the longest drought in major professional sports. In conjunction with his wife and fellow owner, Kim, Pegula fired coach Rex Ryan and ultimately replaced him with McDermott, the Carolina Panthers defensive coordinator for the previous six seasons.

Then, after the 2017 draft, the Pegulas cleaned out the personnel department, parting ways with GM Doug Whaley and his entire scouting staff. McDermott then recruited Beane, a North Carolina native who had spent nearly two decades in the Panthers personnel department, ascending to interim GM in 2012 and later staying as new GM Dave Gettleman’s right-hand man.

</snip>

You know what's incredible about Beane's 2018 draft?  His first draft as a GM, with a new scouting team...and every player he picked is currently signed by an NFL team. 

Every.  Single.  One.  

That is unbelievable.

Edited by Crap Throwing Monkey
  • Like 4

Spartacus
24 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

You know what's incredible about Beane's 2018 draft?  His first draft as a GM, with a new team...and every player he picked is currently signed by an NFL team. 

Every. Single.  One.  

That is unbelievable.

that's whast happens when you don't have a baseball marketing guy running the show

• Applause 1

Blessed Believer

Based on the results of this draft, it seems obvious to me, the Bills did not miss Joe Schoen. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t wish him I’ll will, but I was wondering if losing him would hurt us regarding the draft. I can see, it hasn’t one bit. I’m glad because I know how important he has been as well.

Spartacus
15 hours ago, Blessed Believer said:

Based on the results of this draft, it seems obvious to me, the Bills did not miss Joe Schoen. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t wish him I’ll will, but I was wondering if losing him would hurt us regarding the draft. I can see, it hasn’t one bit. I’m glad because I know how important he has been as well.

his impact may be upcoming

who gets poached?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/02/report-giants-fire-director-of-college-scouting-senior-personnel-executive/

New Giants General Manager Joe Schoen kept most of the staff he inherited through the draft, but once the draft ended, he didn’t waste time making changes.

The Giants have fired Chris Pettit as the director of college scouting and senior personnel executive Kyle O’Brien, Neil Stratton of insidetheleague.com.

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
22 hours ago, Blessed Believer said:

Given they had him for pretty much the entire evaluation process, I'm not sure THIS is the year to evaluate his impact on the draft.  Next year will be far more telling but it's pretty clear to me that GMBB is the Captain of the ship and everyone else is rowing at his behest.

• Like 1