Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Coaches and Front Office

Hedge

On 2/15/2022 at 4:36 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

He ran the #1 defense in 2001.  We may not like his scheme - I know I don't - but it was still the #1 defense in the league.  It shouldn't be surprising he'd show high in coach-of-the-year voting.

What I want to know is, how the hell 31 voters voted for a guy who ran the 19th ranked defense in the league and the guy in second place, who had the number one ranked D, got 4 votes. :classic_dry: 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 2:04 PM, IDBillzFan said:

I intended to just watch the first few seconds, and stayed for the whole thing, in part because it was awesome, but mostly because the guy in the front row behind his left shoulder looks exactly what Navin R. Johnson would look like if he really was black.

It was good. Also, you talking about the guy that is there because his mama make him be there?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ann said:

-Mike Shula has been named the team's senior offensive assistant.

-Eric Washington has been promoted to senior defensive assistant/defensive line.

staff.jpg.e54ae21bb165016e7f0629b0c116b183.jpg

staff-1.jpg.d0d0f634c1b17a5f9d1dd36a2cb06803.jpg

Just saw that on BBB and made a new thread about it. Shula's hire is a bit of a stunner IMHO.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Just saw that on BBB and made a new thread about it. Shula's hire is a bit of a stunner IMHO.

continuity for next year when the vultures come for Dorsey

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Nanker said:

I always have to consciously remind myself that Mike Shula is not David Shula.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ann said:

-Mike Shula has been named the team's senior offensive assistant.

-Eric Washington has been promoted to senior defensive assistant/defensive line.

staff.jpg.e54ae21bb165016e7f0629b0c116b183.jpg

staff-1.jpg.d0d0f634c1b17a5f9d1dd36a2cb06803.jpg

It is looking like Eric Washington will be the next DC.  Not saying it will be this year, but he is next up when Frazier 'retires' or gets a HC gig (not likely).

• Cheers 1

On 5/6/2021 at 9:05 AM, Sherpa said:

On the issue of the staff, we need tp get production commensurate with the draft capital and salaries we are spending on the defensive line.

I'm not sure the issue is with McDermott's or Frazier's directives, but D'line coach Washington and asst. D line Cesaire need to get way more out of this group in '21. 

Something isn't working fully on that unit.

I posted this nearly a year ago.

I believe we now have eight first or second rounders and an unbelievable amount of available cap spent on this unit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sherpa said:

I posted this nearly a year ago.

I believe we now have eight first or second rounders and an unbelievable amount of available cap spent on this unit.

I completely agree.  I'm not sure McD will allow Frazier to play this contain, soft zone scheme with a) the amount of resources invested in the dline, which makes last year's line look like piggy bank material; and b) the embarrassing way they lost to KC, which made McD look stupid in front of the entire league.  

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Alaska Darin
25 minutes ago, Ann said:

Beane on Pat McAfee 

this should start at the correct starting time (about seven minute mark). On for about 30 minutes.

I watched this during my workout today.  I'm almost embarrassed to admit how much of a BB fanboy I am but I haven't seen another NFL GM be so candid on any platform.  McAfee said it best during the interview "every time GMBB is on, he hits it outta the park."

Just a great interview - the anti-Doug Waley.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

44 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I watched this during my workout today.  I'm almost embarrassed to admit how much of a BB fanboy I am but I haven't seen another NFL GM be so candid on any platform.  McAfee said it best during the interview "every time GMBB is on, he hits it outta the park."

Just a great interview - the anti-Doug Waley.

He is an amazing GM!

• Like 2