Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Coaches and Front Office

Hedge

Alaska Darin
10 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

First thing a good college coach will do.

I'm sure there's quite a few that don't.

I'm sure Nick Saban is a stickler for higher grades. :classic_dry:

• Haha 1

Deranged Rhino
10 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Going to Kelly camp growing up was always a blast. Though when I was going, the camp was held in Fredonia. I'll never forget 3 moments from my time there: 

1) Learning a stutter step from Reed in a 1 on 1 WR v DB drill, then while executing it - slipping and falling and taking out the DB in the process (who's cleats tore up my face as I slid under his feet) - but still catching the ball Reed threw even though I was on my ass. I still have the picture of me and Andre after the catch - my face a bloody mess, and him laughing his ass off. He was very cool about it.  

2) Boomer Esiason was there one year after his Wheaties commercial (I think it was Wheaties) where the tagline of the ad was "don't call me Norman". So of course every kid there would scream "HEY NORMAN!" as he drove by on his golf cart. He had zero chill about it, and wound up leaving the camp early. 

3) My all time favorite memory was my first year in the camp. After the last practice of the day, Kelly, Thurman, Tasker, and a few other players from other teams were leading our group of 8 year olds back to the dorms. A whole pack of kids following these players, listening to everything the guys are saying - and all the players were talking about were the girls and beer waiting for them back in the room :classic_laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • FANtastic 2

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm sure Nick Saban is a stickler for higher grades. :classic_dry:

Bobby Bowden told a story (or someone did about him) that he had a hard rule that every team member had to be on the bus on game day at 8:00 AM sharp - or else they would not be traveling to and playing in the game.

Well, 8:00 AM came and one of the assistant coaches said, "Coach, Deion isn't here."

Bowden looked at his watch and said, "Well, I guess it isn't 8:00 AM yet."

• Haha 7

Leslie Frazier: It’s discouraging I haven’t had another chance to be a head coach

When Leslie Frazier was fired as head coach of the Vikings after the 2013 season, he figured he would eventually earn a second head-coaching job. So far, he hasn’t.

Frazier spent two seasons as the defensive coordinator of the Buccaneers after the Vikings fired him, and now he’s heading into his seventh season on the Bills’ staff, but he admits he finds it disappointing not to get another head-coaching job.

“I’d be lying if I told you that I felt like it would take this long to have that opportunity come along, especially after some of the success and particularly the most recent success we’ve had in Buffalo,” Frazier said on the AP Pro Football Podcast. “So it’s discouraging in some ways, but you just have to be able to control what you can control. I’m going to do the very best I can and help us to have another good defense in 2022 and help the Buffalo Bills win as many games as we can and put us in a position to compete for the world championship.”

</snip>

• Cheers 2

43 minutes ago, Ann said:

Leslie Frazier: It’s discouraging I haven’t had another chance to be a head coach

When Leslie Frazier was fired as head coach of the Vikings after the 2013 season, he figured he would eventually earn a second head-coaching job. So far, he hasn’t.

Frazier spent two seasons as the defensive coordinator of the Buccaneers after the Vikings fired him, and now he’s heading into his seventh season on the Bills’ staff, but he admits he finds it disappointing not to get another head-coaching job.

“I’d be lying if I told you that I felt like it would take this long to have that opportunity come along, especially after some of the success and particularly the most recent success we’ve had in Buffalo,” Frazier said on the AP Pro Football Podcast. “So it’s discouraging in some ways, but you just have to be able to control what you can control. I’m going to do the very best I can and help us to have another good defense in 2022 and help the Buffalo Bills win as many games as we can and put us in a position to compete for the world championship.”

</snip>

If your defense wins a Super Bowl Leslie,

I would pretty much guarantee a head coach offer.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ann said:

</snip>

Frazier really thinks he should get another shot at HC?

His record was 21-32-1 as the Vikings HC 2010-2013.  The 2011 season he was 3-13, which was the Vikings worst record since 1984.  As a DC, as mentioned many times, he leans toward the timid side with a soft shell/prevent defense on the back with a more controlled, calculated and non aggressive front Dline scheme.  He will blitz on occasion, probably because his Dline scheme is very middling and not consistent in getting to the QB and finishing off.  The #1 defensive ranking should be taken with a grain of salt as they pile on against lesser opponents.  Leslie does less with more from what I can see.

His performance in the 2020 AFCC and 2021 Divisional games vs KC doesn't inspire confidence that Leslie can rise to the occasion in big situations and he rarely makes any in-game adjustments.  IMO, teams are not looking for a timid HC...they are looking for the next Sean McVay.  Frazier's ceiling is a DB coach, IMO.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Alaska Darin
8 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Is Daboll in the building?

Obviously not as there are still donuts in the box.

• Haha 2