Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Coaches and Front Office

Hedge

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

that's impossible

the experts have proclaimed Frazier sucks and so does the mad clapper

where's the bonehead to bring up the KC game again?

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Spartacus said:

that's impossible

the experts have proclaimed Frazier sucks and so does the mad clapper

where's the bonehead to bring up the KC game again?

After the Bills lost to the Chiefs, Beane said that if you exit the postseason with a loss, you look for what went wrong in that loss, and try to correct it in the off-season. The thing which went the most wrong in that game was the defensive game plan. The defense generated just two stops the whole game. Against the Rams, Frazier (and McDermott?) came out with a whole new defensive game plan. After that game, I started a new thread called "shout outs," in which I praised Frazier in the OP. If I'm going to cast blame when he does terribly, I also need to bestow credit when he does well.

The one upgrade I most wanted to see this past off-season was improvement in the defensive game plans. Thus far this year Frazier has been giving us that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arm of Harm said:

After the Bills lost to the Chiefs, Beane said that if you exit the postseason with a loss, you look for what went wrong in that loss, and try to correct it in the off-season. The thing which went the most wrong in that game was the defensive game plan. The defense generated just two stops the whole game. Against the Rams, Frazier (and McDermott?) came out with a whole new defensive game plan. After that game, I started a new thread called "shout outs," in which I praised Frazier in the OP. If I'm going to cast blame when he does terribly, I also need to bestow credit when he does well.

The one upgrade I most wanted to see this past off-season was improvement in the defensive game plans. Thus far this year Frazier has been giving us that.

You should do a shout out (positives or negatives) each week. It is really good to see.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

I, for one, am really glad to see the improvement on the D, in part because it clearly cost us the KC game, but also in part because damn, was I tired of listening to you bitch every time the name Frazier came up. :classic_laugh:

"Did any of you watch the Ali/Frazier fight in '71?"

"No, but I did see the Bills lose a game in 13 seconds because our DC refused to change up what he was doing in spite of having a billion points scored...."

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I, for one, am really glad to see the improvement on the D, in part because it clearly cost us the KC game, but also in part because damn, was I tired of listening to you bitch every time the name Frazier came up. :classic_laugh:

"Did any of you watch the Ali/Frazier fight in '71?"

"No, but I did see the Bills lose a game in 13 seconds because our DC refused to change up what he was doing in spite of having a billion points scored...."

It was a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng offseason.  I felt very much the same as I did after the Music City Theft Job because that team would have won the Super Bowl too.

• Like 3

Twitter has been full of asshats whining about Dorsey's tantrum at the end of the game...because none of them were emotional at the end of the game.

Players?  Loved it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Twitter has been full of asshats whining about Dorsey's tantrum at the end of the game...because none of them were emotional at the end of the game.

Players?  Loved it.

I loved it because it shows he really cares and is a competitor who's not in this for the paycheck. Give me more!

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 2

• 2 weeks later...

this is for all of the McD haters out there

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/07/questionable-late-game-decisions-plague-nathaniel-hackett-again/

Let’s start at the end of regulation. The Colts were out of timeouts. There was 2:19 to play. The Broncos led by three. They faced third and four from the Indianapolis 13.

“We wanted to be sure that we were able to get a first down,” Hackett said after the game.

That’s fine. But they didn’t ultimately try to get the first down. Quarterback Russell Wilson went for the knockout, throwing the ball to the end zone, where the ball was intercepted.

If they had simply failed to get the first down, the Bronco could have kicked a field goal, forcing the Colts to do something neither team did all night long — score a touchdown.

And then the Broncos, who continue to hit a brick wall in the red zone, faced fourth and one from the Indianapolis five. At one point, the Broncos lined up with Wilson under center. After a pair of timeouts, they opted for shotgun formation — signaling to the defense that a pass play was more likely.

It wasn’t fourth and goal. It was fourth and one. It was a perfect spot for a Melvin Gordon run for a possible first and goal, or maybe a creative play-action design that could have resulted in a walk-off game-winning score.

Instead, the Broncos basically told the Colts a throw was coming. So the Colts defended it. And the Indianapolis defense came through.

In explaining the decision-making process with the game on the line, Hackett made an interesting — and perhaps telling — comment in his post-game press conference. He said he “got the go to go for it.”

From whom? Isn’t that the head coach’s decision? 

• Cheers 2