Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Coaches and Front Office

Hedge

29 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

This is beyond comprehension, McD wont survive another playoff collapse. 

don't worry

Mcd is sure that D will work next year, for sure

5th time is the charm

I think this team is in crisis. They are a bunch of goofballs who are more interested in playing and fooling around than aggressively pounding their opponents. They rely too heavily on Josh to perform magic as long as someone bothers to catch his passes. And the D is fundamentally structured as a prevent deep passes while being dog-belly soft in the middle and underneath. And by the way, Dawkins is soft. He should be demoted to Guard. 

If the FO doesn’t make some bold decisions, they’re going to waste the opportunities that our generational talented QB brings to the table. They’ve already squandered several opportunities. 

My 2 pennies. 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

I think this team is in crisis. They are a bunch of goofballs who are more interested in playing and fooling around than aggressively pounding their opponents. They rely too heavily on Josh to perform magic as long as someone bothers to catch his passes. And the D is fundamentally structured as a prevent deep passes while being dog-belly soft in the middle and underneath. And by the way, Dawkins is soft. He should be demoted to Guard. 

If the FO doesn’t make some bold decisions, they’re going to waste the opportunities that our generational talented QB brings to the table. They’ve already squandered several opportunities. 

My 2 pennies. 

you are absolutely correct

the team plays soft on the field

they went thru a lot off the field, so mentally they were shot at the end

and as astutely pointed out by Beane in his press conf, the Bills margin for error has disappeared with the arrival of big money due on several player's deals.

since they couldn't do it with the team as structured, and can't improve dramatically due to the cap and will lose key players to boot, the window for a SB has probably closed.

• clown 2
  • Facepalm 1

On 1/25/2023 at 3:16 AM, Nanker said:

My 2 pennies. 

I don’t agree with your goofballs comment. But I completely agree with what you wrote about the over-reliance on Josh. I also agree with your statement that the defense is built to prevent the deep pass while being dog belly soft underneath. 

You described Allen as a generational talent, and I think I have to agree with that. Having someone like that creates Super Bowl opportunities. Are those opportunities being wasted? Last year the answer was inarguably yes: a chance to win the Super Bowl was wasted due to a terrible defensive game plan. This year the defensive game plan for our postseason loss was once again terrible, of course. But the Bills’ offense also had problems, the biggest three of which were the OL, the play calling, and the receivers. If the Bills had possessed a marginally competent DC, and if they’d fixed the OL and maybe one other offensive problem, it probably would have been enough to beat the Bengals. 

19 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

I don’t agree with your goofballs comment. But I completely agree with what you wrote about the over-reliance on Josh. I also agree with your statement that the defense is built to prevent the deep pass while being dog belly soft underneath. 

You described Allen as a generational talent, and I think I have to agree with that. Having someone like that creates Super Bowl opportunities. Are those opportunities being wasted? Last year the answer was inarguably yes: a chance to win the Super Bowl was wasted due to a terrible defensive game plan. This year the defensive game plan for our postseason loss was once again terrible, of course. But the Bills’ offense also had problems, the biggest three of which were the OL, the play calling, and the receivers. If the Bills had possessed a marginally competent DC, and if they’d fixed the OL and maybe one other offensive problem, it probably would have been enough to beat the Bengals. 

Bills still could have beaten the Bengals, if they played with a lick of passion and focus.

for some inexplainable reason, it seemed they were disinterested.

Ole' blocks by the OL were a disgrace

Edited by Spartacus

Deranged Rhino
On 1/24/2023 at 12:49 PM, Ann said:

:facepalm:  I think Frazier’s back…. I hope I am mistaken.

What I'm curious about is how much of a change a new DC would really bring, considering McD's background as a defensive coordinator himself. If he were to bring someone in, would he really look outside his preferred scheme and let that new person run free in year 1? Or would he want to find someone who comes from the same schematic-family-tree?  

I don't know the answer to that, but it is something that I wonder about.

• Like 3

On 1/25/2023 at 5:16 AM, Nanker said:

My 2 pennies. 

Dawkins needs a nutritionist and a trainer.  Dude is flabby as hell.  

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 2

On 1/24/2023 at 5:47 PM, Big Gun said:

This is beyond comprehension, McD wont survive another playoff collapse. 

Who knows what Terry Pegula is thinking.

3 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

Dawkins needs a nutritionist and a trainer.  Dude is flabby as hell

Dawkins needs moved to LG.  He is not athletic enough to play LT.  It sucks watching him hold as often as he does because he is beaten badly by the DE.

On 1/24/2023 at 6:18 PM, Spartacus said:

don't worry

Mcd is sure that D will work next year, for sure

5th time is the charm

Yep.  Execution was the reason the Bills lost, as usual.  The "Process" applies to the players, not the coaches.

18 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

Dawkins needs a nutritionist and a trainer.  Dude is flabby as hell.  

Confirmed, I'm almost 50 and look way better than him shirtless. He's just using his weight to keep up and not developing core strength. Man boobs!

600df54eac65b.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

Confirmed, I'm almost 50 and look way better than him shirtless. He's just using his weight to keep up and not developing core strength. Man boobs!

600df54eac65b.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

Why doesn't he show his face?  How do we know that's Dawkins and not a body double?  Just asking questions.

• Haha 2

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/27/report-patriots-interviewing-bills-assistant-ryan-wendell-for-offensive-line-coach-job/

The Patriots will interview Bills assistant coach Ryan Wendell for their vacant offensive line position, Albert Breer of SI.com reports.

The team is flying Wendell to Las Vegas, where the Patriots’ staff is coaching in the East-West Shrine Game.

Wendell played in New England from 2008-15 during Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O’Brien’s first stint in Foxboro.

Crap Throwing Clavin
16 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/27/report-patriots-interviewing-bills-assistant-ryan-wendell-for-offensive-line-coach-job/

The Patriots will interview Bills assistant coach Ryan Wendell for their vacant offensive line position, Albert Breer of SI.com reports.

The team is flying Wendell to Las Vegas, where the Patriots’ staff is coaching in the East-West Shrine Game.

Wendell played in New England from 2008-15 during Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O’Brien’s first stint in Foxboro.

When Sasquatch himself isn't available, you go with the next best.