Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Coaches and Front Office

Hedge

I don't know the context, so I'll have to listen to the press conference.  If anyone has a take, I'd be interested to see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't know the context, so I'll have to listen to the press conference.  If anyone has a take, I'd be interested to see it.

Asked about trading for ot since Doyle is out.

• Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...

Beane better stay on his toes

https://www.outkick.com/houston-astros-fire-general-manager-week-after-winning-the-world-series/

Stunningly, the Houston Astros have fired General Manager James Click a week after winning the World Series.

That’s not something you’re going to see every day.

The Astros stormed their way to the 2022 World Series, losing just two games in the postseason after a 106 win regular season.

Houston #Astros GM James Click actually was fired. He was offered a one-year contract and raise from his $1 million salary on Monday, turned it down in pursuit of a longer contract, and was dismissed Friday after publicly airing his grievances at the GM meetings.

• O Rly 1
  • Wow 2

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Beane better stay on his toes

https://www.outkick.com/houston-astros-fire-general-manager-week-after-winning-the-world-series/

Stunningly, the Houston Astros have fired General Manager James Click a week after winning the World Series.

That’s not something you’re going to see every day.

The Astros stormed their way to the 2022 World Series, losing just two games in the postseason after a 106 win regular season.

Houston #Astros GM James Click actually was fired. He was offered a one-year contract and raise from his $1 million salary on Monday, turned it down in pursuit of a longer contract, and was dismissed Friday after publicly airing his grievances at the GM meetings.

WTF? Beane was recently extended so any comparison with Click's situation is meaningless. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just some general comments regarding our management team and coaching staff. I've been a Bills fan since about the time that their present stadium was built. For whatever reason (I was quite young) I only had a passing interest in the Bills when they occupied the Rockpile. In fact I never saw a game there and somewhat regret not having that experience. With that said, once I became a fan I paid attention to management and coaching and their moves and schemes. Our team has had some top notch coaches in Lou Saban, Chuck Knox and Marv Levy. They've also had some head coaches that were clueless. Ted Marchibroda was a top notch OC who was flexible enough to make the "no huddle" the Bill's basic offense and allow Jim Kelly to gain the credit for calling his own plays. There are other coaches not mentioned here who deserve accolades but the one coach who if I remember correctly was Wade Phillip's OC and coached for several NFL teams had me not only beside myself but momentarily feeling like a Jets fan of today. After one of those losses that really hurt he met with the press and discounted the actual loss and bragged about how the Bills "won in the trenches". For some odd reason I have forgotten his name. Management over the years seemed to be handcuffed by Ralph Wilson and his self inclusion in the day to day operation of the team. He gave Bill Polian a good deal of leeway and Polian proved to be an astute talent evaluator and smart trader. He also gave Tom Donahoe the reins of the team and the results (for whatever the reasons)were less than desired.

Anyway, our management today appears to be smart while understanding all of the facets necessary for sustained success. Brandon Beane, as general manager seems to be as sharp as a tack but avoids grandstanding and gives out public credit to his management team. It's a strong team with potential for many of the members to be recruited for top jobs around the NFL. He hasn't been afraid to hire top notch people who could take his job. It is also my belief that he and Sean McDermott have a relationship that most teams would hope to have. Beane is not the kind of guy that thinks he supplies the players and it's the coach's job to make something out of them. McDermott is no doubt a vital part of all of Beane's personnel decisions and moves. The nickname for the two of them "McBeane" is an accurate description of their relationship. 

Sean McDermott was an excellent choice as head coach and has grown on game day. His clock management and the team's in-game adjustments are improved with a need for additional and quicker adjustments from Dorsey. Sean understands the importance of continuity and kept the same basic offense when Daboll left. A good example of continuity is that when Klein was picked up on waivers to replace Edmunds for a game he was able to call the defensive plays because it was the same system he was familiar with from the previous year.  McDermott seemed to have a vision from day one and is a guy that inspires his players and makes them want to give the team their all. Players that previously left the team in FA (mostly for big paydays) couldn't wait to return. With Sean's age he could be around for a long time and the continuity that is part and parcel to any dynasty will most likely be there. I'm not saying that the Bills are going to win 6 of the next 10 Super Bowls. Chance and luck are too much the parts of a team winning their last playoff game. As fans the most we can hope for is our team management and coaching staff to take the long and short term approaches that make the Bills perennial contenders. 

• Like 5

On 12/8/2022 at 6:05 PM, 3rdnlng said:

Just some general comments regarding our management team and coaching staff. I've been a Bills fan since about the time that their present stadium was built. For whatever reason (I was quite young) I only had a passing interest in the Bills when they occupied the Rockpile. In fact I never saw a game there and somewhat regret not having that experience. With that said, once I became a fan I paid attention to management and coaching and their moves and schemes. Our team has had some top notch coaches in Lou Saban, Chuck Knox and Marv Levy. They've also had some head coaches that were clueless. Ted Marchibroda was a top notch OC who was flexible enough to make the "no huddle" the Bill's basic offense and allow Jim Kelly to gain the credit for calling his own plays. There are other coaches not mentioned here who deserve accolades but the one coach who if I remember correctly was Wade Phillip's OC and coached for several NFL teams had me not only beside myself but momentarily feeling like a Jets fan of today. After one of those losses that really hurt he met with the press and discounted the actual loss and bragged about how the Bills "won in the trenches". For some odd reason I have forgotten his name. Management over the years seemed to be handcuffed by Ralph Wilson and his self inclusion in the day to day operation of the team. He gave Bill Polian a good deal of leeway and Polian proved to be an astute talent evaluator and smart trader. He also gave Tom Donahoe the reins of the team and the results (for whatever the reasons)were less than desired.

Anyway, our management today appears to be smart while understanding all of the facets necessary for sustained success. Brandon Beane, as general manager seems to be as sharp as a tack but avoids grandstanding and gives out public credit to his management team. It's a strong team with potential for many of the members to be recruited for top jobs around the NFL. He hasn't been afraid to hire top notch people who could take his job. It is also my belief that he and Sean McDermott have a relationship that most teams would hope to have. Beane is not the kind of guy that thinks he supplies the players and it's the coach's job to make something out of them. McDermott is no doubt a vital part of all of Beane's personnel decisions and moves. The nickname for the two of them "McBeane" is an accurate description of their relationship. 

Sean McDermott was an excellent choice as head coach and has grown on game day. His clock management and the team's in-game adjustments are improved with a need for additional and quicker adjustments from Dorsey. Sean understands the importance of continuity and kept the same basic offense when Daboll left. A good example of continuity is that when Klein was picked up on waivers to replace Edmunds for a game he was able to call the defensive plays because it was the same system he was familiar with from the previous year.  McDermott seemed to have a vision from day one and is a guy that inspires his players and makes them want to give the team their all. Players that previously left the team in FA (mostly for big paydays) couldn't wait to return. With Sean's age he could be around for a long time and the continuity that is part and parcel to any dynasty will most likely be there. I'm not saying that the Bills are going to win 6 of the next 10 Super Bowls. Chance and luck are too much the parts of a team winning their last playoff game. As fans the most we can hope for is our team management and coaching staff to take the long and short term approaches that make the Bills perennial contenders. 

Left unsaid is that Beane understand how to allocate funds to build a top notch roster top compete in today's NFL. Not wasting premium draft capital and big bucks on non-premium positions like RB gets far too little play. Let's see if he can hack into the Steeler WR data base to find some WR gems.    

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Left unsaid is that Beane understand how to allocate funds to build a top notch roster top compete in today's NFL. Not wasting premium draft capital and big bucks on non-premium positions like RB gets far too little play. Let's see if he can hack into the Steeler WR data base to find some WR gems.    

Beane, as sharp as he is, mistakenly hacked into the Bill's database by misspelling "Steelers" and found out that some guy named Beasley, who was a perfect fit for the Bill's needs was not only available but knew the system and was/is loved by Josh Allen. GM Brandon, with a sly smile and almost sheepish admission stated emphatically that without his fat fingers on his keyboard and Spellcheck he would never have found this gem. He also commented that the "Football Gods" must have been looking out for him when out of the blue and with no forethought he redid Tre's contract in order to make room for this guy named Cole. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.outkick.com/luke-kuechly-carolina-panthers-coaching-staff/

Kuechly, 31, is at least somewhat interested in joining the coaching ranks. And if he did so, he’d like for it to be in Carolina alongside interim coach Steve Wilks.

And, earlier this fall he joined former Panthers teammate Ryan Kalil’s Block Forever podcast and discussed the possibility of entering the coaching profession.

“I don’t think I’d ever say never,” Kuechly told Kalil. “I think I’d really enjoy it and have a ton of fun with it. Just the time associated . . . if I jump back in, I would have to make a choice to say no to Christmas and Thanksgiving and I’m not quite sure that I’m ready to do that.”

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2022 at 8:48 AM, Spartacus said:

https://www.outkick.com/luke-kuechly-carolina-panthers-coaching-staff/

Kuechly, 31, is at least somewhat interested in joining the coaching ranks. And if he did so, he’d like for it to be in Carolina alongside interim coach Steve Wilks.

And, earlier this fall he joined former Panthers teammate Ryan Kalil’s Block Forever podcast and discussed the possibility of entering the coaching profession.

“I don’t think I’d ever say never,” Kuechly told Kalil. “I think I’d really enjoy it and have a ton of fun with it. Just the time associated . . . if I jump back in, I would have to make a choice to say no to Christmas and Thanksgiving and I’m not quite sure that I’m ready to do that.”

He’d make a solid addition to the Bills’ coaching staff. 

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 11/11/2022 at 4:13 PM, 3rdnlng said:

WTF? Beane was recently extended so any comparison with Click's situation is meaningless. 

Beane's extension was a false flag operation to distract from the intent to fire him after he wins the Super Bowl.  WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Beane's extension was a false flag operation to distract from the intent to fire him after he wins the Super Bowl.  WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!

I heard that too but the real story is that Terry is cheap!