Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

As @IDBillzFan said, good stuff and indeed, welcome to the board.

While I agree for the most part, I would just like to point out that we are talking about the #1 D in the league.

I would like to see more stunts at the line while stacking it so the O doesn't know who is coming or from where though.

Thanks, appreciate it.

I've seen the #1 D rankings.  We do have a very good defense, but I suspect it should be taken with a grain of salt.  I say this because while the D is opportunistic (positive point differential), it is not built to beat a more balanced offensive approach.  This especially goes for teams such as Tennessee and Cleveland with power running schemes.  Look at the ending of the Tennessee game.  McDermott was forced to go for the first down in the remaining seconds of the game due to analytics (correct call) and more importantly the defense couldn't stop the Titan offense at all in the second half.  I believe the Titans had six or seven possessions in the second half, each resulting in points, with no punts.  Plus Tennessee scored 34 points...that is a lot.  To me, that does not equate to an elite/dominant/#1 defense.

As an aside, I'd also point out that our D still has an issue with weak second half performances.  We give up most of the points in the second half, noting the Pittsburgh and Tennessee games, in particular.  To me, that screams no adjustment at all.  Good teams adjust when it is called for.  Frazier does not adjust, pretty much ever.

Also complete agree with the bolded.  McD and Frazier need to be a lot more aggressive and creative with the pass rush.  It will make the secondary's job easier.

Edited by Core Four

Just now, KD in CA said:

That’s a Russ Brandon level marketing signing.  Season ticket sales must be lagging.

Quick! Someone get Cam a key to the city!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

That’s a Russ Brandon level marketing signing.  Season ticket sales must be lagging.

"I'm relevant again!"

Russ Brandon's career with Buffalo Bills and Sabres

5 minutes ago, LB3 said:

I get that the Rams are going all in, but offensively they needed more than just OBJ last Sunday night.  Stafford looked like the Stafford of the Lions, though he also had little help from his OLine.

If the acquisitions of OBJ and Vonn Miller don't pan out this year, the Rams are going to have a miserable couple of seasons coming up.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

That and the Panthers must really be struggling at the QB position.  Cam is washed up.

• Like 1

LA will prove too much of a distraction for OBJ.  Why can I see a picture in my mind of LeBron having to ask if OBJ can come out and play.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

You're right. Adding weapons never makes sense.

That weapon just blew up another locker room and hasn’t blown up an opposing defense in years.