Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

You are so right.  I don't know how you replace a generational guy like Henry but shooting that gun so often all but guaranteed a major malfunction at some point.

Even if JA went down, I think we'd win 80% of the games with MT back there.  Granted that won't be the case in future years unless we draft/develop someone.

I was reading that after he was hurt he had 25 more carries! 

A tremendous player. I hate to see it because when the Titans are not playing the Bills, I wish him success. I hope he heals well.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
22 minutes ago, Ann said:

I was reading that after he was hurt he had 25 more carries! 

A tremendous player. I hate to see it because when the Titans are not playing the Bills, I wish him success. I hope he heals well.

I hate to see it...but were it to happen, I hate to see it not happen two weeks ago, dammit.

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

They'll make it unless they completely fall apart.

Yup.  But now I won’t mind if the Bills draw TN in the WC/division round.

• Like 1

DaBillsFanSince1973

looks like the rams will be the team to beat and I believe with the addition of miller on top of a great cast on offense and defense it wont be brady and the bucs but the rams representing the nfc in the sb?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, snafu said:

Would be funny if some team claims Peterson from their practice squad.

No more claiming.  It's up to the player to agree to move to another team if they want to sign him to an active squad.

• Like 3

Packers release Jaylon Smith.  I wouldn't mind having him in for a look.  He was ridiculous at ND before his injury.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GG1 said:

No more claiming.  It's up to the player to agree to move to another team if they want to sign him to an active squad.

When did that change?

9 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

looks like the rams will be the team to beat and I believe with the addition of miller on top of a great cast on offense and defense it wont be brady and the bucs but the rams representing the nfc in the sb?

Everyone knows the season isn't even half over, right?  While that might be true "on paper", football is an attrition sport.  It'll be very interesting to see how the rest of the season shakes out and how each team's roster "survives."

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Everyone knows the season isn't even half over, right?  While that might be true "on paper", football is an attrition sport.  It'll be very interesting to see how the rest of the season shakes out and how each team's roster "survives."

Exactly. I'm surprised to see Bills fans on Twitter losing their minds because the Bills aren't trading for OL help because Brown is out the depth is not considered very good. They see the Rams giving up picks for Von Miller, but does anyone think having Miller would have kept the Rams from getting their clocks cleaned by the Cardinals?

In the end, the Henry injury is going to contribute to the Bills destiny more than trading for another lineman.

But I'm a blind homer, so what do I know...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Exactly. I'm surprised to see Bills fans on Twitter losing their minds because the Bills aren't trading for OL help because Brown is out the depth is not considered very good. They see the Rams giving up picks for Von Miller, but does anyone think having Miller would have kept the Rams from getting their clocks cleaned by the Cardinals?

In the end, the Henry injury is going to contribute to the Bills destiny more than trading for another lineman.

As things currently stand, Bills are capable of beating anyone in the AFC with their B+ game.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

In fairness, OL play has been really poor in both losses and in last week's win as well. IMO, it's one of two limiting factors on this team.

5 hours ago, Joe said:

In fairness, OL play has been really poor in both losses and in last week's win as well. IMO, it's one of two limiting factors on this team.

Absolutely. But the idea that we're pissing away the season because we were inactive during the trade period is classic Bills fan meltdown stuff.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

DaBillsFanSince1973
19 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

good point but the rams are loaded none the less. now with the news rogers is out this week for testing positive for covid, is a good example of your point.

w/o rogers, chiefs may be able to get the double U??

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

6 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Absolutely. But the idea that we're pissing away the season because we were inactive during the trade period is classic Bills fan meltdown stuff.

It's the same in all sports.  Deadline deals RARELY impact a team's chances to win a championship in a positive way - especially in football.  Shoot, most free agents have a rough time integrating with their team in their initial season and are a greater loss for their former team than gain for their new one.

I'm hoping the OLine solidifies over the next few weeks but bringing in a new Olineman or two wasn't going to make that process easier.

• Like 1