Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

That weapon just blew up another locker room and hasn’t blown up an opposing defense in years.

To be fair, he had faker throwing to him.

Can't expect much from Doug Flutie v 2.0

On 10/28/2021 at 1:54 PM, Ann said:

ESPN article:

</snip>

Although Kroenke has been in discussions with the league for some time over the scope of the indemnification agreement, owners first learned of a shift in his position several hours into Tuesday's meeting at the InterContinental New York Barclay hotel. Sources told ESPN that executives for each team were asked to leave the room; only owners, representatives for teams that didn't send owners and senior league executives remained.

Pash delivered a lengthy update on the lawsuit, including the league's latest argument that the trial set for January should be moved out of St. Louis in order to get an impartial jury.

Sources told ESPN that Kroenke then stood and told the room that he has invested in the league and done everything that the league has asked him to do. He apologized for the ongoing lawsuit but argued that it wasn't his fault.

Kroenke took a few questions from the room. Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, a fierce Kroenke advocate who championed the relocation and helped push it over the finish line during a contentious vote in January 2016, told the room that Kroenke had done a lot for the league.

Then, in an unusual move, Goodell asked Kroenke to leave the room, sources told ESPN. He did.

That's when Pash told the room that the league was notified by Kroenke's attorneys that Kroenke is challenging the indemnification agreement that all three teams involved in the L.A. derby in 2016 -- the Rams, Chargers and Raiders -- signed on the morning of the vote.

Over the years, teams have been required to provide eight years of phone records and emails for discovery. This past summer, St. Louis Circuit Judge Christopher McGraugh ordered Kroenke and five other owners to provide financial records to help a jury determine potential damages. Earlier in October, McGraugh fined Clark Hunt of the Kansas City Chiefs, John Mara of the New York Giants, Robert Kraft of the New England Patriots and the Cowboys' Jones for failing to provide full records. Kroenke has been footing almost all the bills.

Sources said the room seemed stunned by Pash's update on Kroenke's view of the indemnification agreement.

</snip>

From time to time, it’s been suggested that the litigation over the relocation of the Rams could result in at least $1 billion flowing from the NFL to St. Louis. It could be a lot more than that.

The article from Seth Wickersham of ESPN.com detailing Tuesday’s meeting among owners regarding the possibility that Rams owner Stan Kroenke will renege on his commitment to pay the full bill for the case includes two paragraphs that justify significant attention and scrutiny.

</snip>

That’s probably why Kroenke is looking for a loophole in his indemnity agreement. And it’s why the league already has contemplated the possibility of offering St. Louis an expansion franchise in order to make everything go away.

It’s also why everyone should be paying close attention to this one. St. Louis has the NFL on the run, and it’s bad enough that the NFL owners seem to be heading for a fight regarding who will foot the eventual bill.

Small thread

8 hours ago, Joe said:

To be fair, he had faker throwing to him.

Can't expect much from Doug Flutie v 2.0

They seemed to do ok the week after Odell exited.

7 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

They seemed to do ok the week after Odell exited.

The Baker stats with and without Beckham are pretty telling.  I hate to think Cleveland might turn this season around just in time for the playoffs.

Deranged Rhino

Robert Woods done for the year w an ACL. Bummer. Always root for that guy, mainly because he’s crazy and I’d be scared not to... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, KD in CA said:

The Baker stats with and without Beckham are pretty telling.  I hate to think Cleveland might turn this season around just in time for the playoffs.

Not a huge Baker fan but it is hard to look at Beckham’s history of being a team player and put it on anyone else.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Robert Woods done for the year w an ACL. Bummer. Always root for that guy, mainly because he’s crazy and I’d be scared not to... 

That is a bummer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

One of the benefits of being an older fan is having the ability to at least temper my own expectations on a daily or weekly basis.

When everyone is giving the Bills the path to the Super Bowl, I'm concerned about the Jacksonville game coming up. When my buddy, a Titans fan, after the Julio Jones signing asked me "Who is going to stop this offense?", I wonder what happens if they overuse Henry.

And when the Rams sign Von Miller and OBJ inside of two weeks and everyone is giving them the NFC crown, I know better than to forget the game is played by mortals who get injured.

Not a pessimist. Just a realist. Feel badly for Woods, but you can bet the Rams fans are a bit tempered right now.

• Like 2

On 11/12/2021 at 12:51 PM, Ann said:

Small thread

He might want to pay more attention to the final sentence of the indemnification paragraph. To me, it looks like the Commissioner decides what 'costs' are, and how much the Rams have to pay everyone else.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That sucks.  I always liked Woods, he plays tough and is dependable.

• Like 2

Titans place WR Julio Jones (hamstring) on injured reserve

</snip>

The Titans placed the veteran wide receiver Julio Jones on injured reserve due to a hamstring injury, the team announced Saturday.

Jones has been battling hamstring issues all year and suffered a setback during Thursday's practice, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.

</snip>

• Cheers 1

On 11/13/2021 at 12:06 AM, KD in CA said:

I think that's not a huge worry. Not after this week.

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Ya gotta wonder if he just got the entire Detroit Lions offense sick.

The Lions are protected from this because they don’t actually have an offense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Never knew bicep injuries were that bad, but that's probably because its been 20 years since I had biceps you could see.

Edited by IDBillzFan