Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

3 hours ago, Ann said:

I'm a big fan of the jumblies, but if your boyfriend is an NFL quarterback and you're at a beach and unaware of the status of a game he's playing in, it's time to find some new jumblies.

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm a big fan of the jumblies, but if your boyfriend is an NFL quarterback and you're at a beach and unaware of the status of a game he's playing in, it's time to find some new jumblies.

I'm not a guy and even I can see why he's with her...

The NFL doesn't give a shit about player safety.  If they did they'd stop a number of behaviors, including this new ridiculous "pushing the ball carrier from behind to get yardage" nonsense.  It's a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt just based on the sheer mass of the "player ball" involved.

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Come on, he plays for the Lions!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The NFL doesn't give a shit about player safety.  If they did they'd stop a number of behaviors, including this new ridiculous "pushing the ball carrier from behind to get yardage" nonsense.  It's a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt just based on the sheer mass of the "player ball" involved.

I thought that was against the rules yet I am seeing it more and more. 🤷‍♂️ Guess I am wrong.

10 minutes ago, Ann said:

I thought that was against the rules yet I am seeing it more and more. 🤷‍♂️ Guess I am wrong.

Used to be against the rules. Not sure how long ago they changed it but maybe 5 years?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

Used to be against the rules. Not sure how long ago they changed it but maybe 5 years?

Shesh I am old. I totally missed that rule change. Thanks 🙂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I don't ever remember it being against the rules...it was in college, though I'm not sure if it still is.

1 minute ago, GG1 said:

Hope she has a good chiropractor

I mean, she could just spend more time lying down and stuff.

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
48 minutes ago, snafu said:

Come on, he plays for the Lions!

Seriously.  Half the players on the Lions' bench probably weren't aware.  

3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm guessing that would be part of the regular exercise and stretching regimen.

• Applause 1

11 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

7 minutes ago, GG1 said:

I'm guessing that would be part of the regular exercise and stretching regimen.

Laugh if you want, but that technique got Kamala where she is today! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't ever remember it being against the rules...it was in college, though I'm not sure if it still is.

Having a cursory look around, apparently the NFL changed the rule in '05 (time flies) to make it only a penalty to pull someone forward, removing the pushing aspect. 

Haven't come across a definitive link yet (phone can be a hassle for me), but here is the search. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Having a cursory look around, apparently the NFL changed the rule in '05 (time flies) to make it only a penalty to pull someone forward, removing the pushing aspect. 

Haven't come across a definitive link yet (phone can be a hassle for me), but here is the search. 

AD is right. It's the dumbest thing, and as much as I enjoy that extra shove helping get a first down on occasion, it looks like rugby, but with dudes in massive gear running full speed into the pile to push. Someone's going to snap a leg. The refs need to blow that play dead sooner.

• Cheers 2

On 12/6/2021 at 1:20 PM, Ann said:

I'm not a guy and even I can see why he's with her...

I know what you mean. She has a very nice smile. 

• Cheers 1