Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

Beer__League__Hockey
13 hours ago, Ann said:

Holy crap!

Our JV HS coach gave kids a 10 out of 10 kick in the ass, when needed.  We went 8-0 six years in a row and rarely lost a game as a program otherwise.  This was mid 1980s to mid 1990s.

Kicks are good.

You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your relatives...

Jackson Mahomes is feuding with a local Kansas City bar that accused the social media star of trying to “crush” the small business while acting entitled.

The younger brother of Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes reportedly arrived at SoT cocktail bar this week with a large group that the establishment was unable to seat due to space.

Mahomes then took to social media to put the bar on blast to his massive following, according to the a note on SoT’s Facebook page.

“We are sorry that we set boundaries that you tried to ignore,” SoT wrote, tagging Mahomes in the post.

</snip>

Full "apology" (this is the bar, and apparently they were bullied into retracting it)

relatives.thumb.jpg.25d4f62ab284f11172c4c556c3e9aeee.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

7 minutes ago, Ann said:

Are they going to test, postpone, and reschedule due to the flu, too?

The insanity is going to have to say hold my beer before it reaches the level where most are going to say enough.

Will sports lead us out of the madness?

6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

The insanity is going to have to say hold my beer before it reaches the level where most are going to say enough.

Will sports lead us out of the madness?

If you went to Florida you wouldn't know that covid was an issue.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, Ann said:

If you went to Florida you wouldn't know that covid was an issue.

Meanwhile, to celebrate the end of the term in my town, the kids did their dance routine with masks on -- outdoors on the playground -- while the parents watched from the sidewalk on the other side of the fence.

Oh yeah....and the vaccination rate here is something like 95%, including kids.

• Facepalm 1

15 hours ago, Ann said:

</snip>

In an interview with Josina Anderson of USA Today, Breeland said he initially exchanged words with a coach in meetings before practice. He said his disagreement was not with head coach Mike Zimmer but wouldn’t reveal with whom he argued.

“I feel like what happened in the meeting room with the coach was not serious enough to be an issue on the practice field,” Breeland told Anderson.

Breeland took issue with NFL Media’s account of the verbal altercation at practice. He said he was pulled off the practice field, took off his cleats and put on his workout shoes but remained engaged.

His account is that while switching fields a teammate approached him and said, “What’s up, Breezy?” Breeland said he nodded his head in response and the player responded, “That’s all I get?”

“I was like, ‘Bro, I’m not trying to be a distraction. Just let me get on the move. I’m good,'” Breeland said. “Then, it escalated out of nowhere.”

Breeland said the player charged him “like he wanted to fight.” Other players intervened.

“The whole time I had my hands in my hoodie,” Breeland told Anderson. “You can see my demeanor was like, ‘I’m not on that, but if you want to be on that we can be on that.’

“That’s when the General Manager stepped in on the field. I feel like Zimmer came over there, saw confusion and just kicked me out. I feel like Zimmer was already feeling some kind of way because I wasn’t practicing. I said, ‘If I’m not being cut or released I shouldn’t have to leave practice.’”

</snip>

2 minutes ago, Ann said:

</snip>

In an interview with Josina Anderson of USA Today, Breeland said he initially exchanged words with a coach in meetings before practice. He said his disagreement was not with head coach Mike Zimmer but wouldn’t reveal with whom he argued.

“I feel like what happened in the meeting room with the coach was not serious enough to be an issue on the practice field,” Breeland told Anderson.

Breeland took issue with NFL Media’s account of the verbal altercation at practice. He said he was pulled off the practice field, took off his cleats and put on his workout shoes but remained engaged.

His account is that while switching fields a teammate approached him and said, “What’s up, Breezy?” Breeland said he nodded his head in response and the player responded, “That’s all I get?”

“I was like, ‘Bro, I’m not trying to be a distraction. Just let me get on the move. I’m good,'” Breeland said. “Then, it escalated out of nowhere.”

Breeland said the player charged him “like he wanted to fight.” Other players intervened.

“The whole time I had my hands in my hoodie,” Breeland told Anderson. “You can see my demeanor was like, ‘I’m not on that, but if you want to be on that we can be on that.’

“That’s when the General Manager stepped in on the field. I feel like Zimmer came over there, saw confusion and just kicked me out. I feel like Zimmer was already feeling some kind of way because I wasn’t practicing. I said, ‘If I’m not being cut or released I shouldn’t have to leave practice.’”

</snip>

Has he cleared wavers?