Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

On 1/3/2022 at 9:45 AM, Ann said:

There are 6 tweets in a row on this thread if you want to watch. It is something else.

Poor guy. The Giants offense has been historically bad down the stretch, and all signs point to the ineptitude of the coaching staff as the cause.

Mike Glennon is the best thing that ever happened to Daniel Jones by showing just how bad that offense is irrespective of the QB. Glennon's never been anything special, but he's always been a serviceable backup throughout his 8 year career, and now with the Giants he suddenly looks like the second coming of Ryan Leaf. Jones looks halfway competent by comparison. Makes you wonder what he might be able to do in a real NFL offense.

Joe Judge ought to be thanking Urban Meyer for saving him the honor of being named the worst head coach of the year.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 5:54 PM, Ann said:

And... if the Colts lose, the Ravens win and the Chargers win, both the Raiders and Chargers get in. If however, the Colts lose, the Ravens win and the Raiders win, the Raiders and Ravens both get in and the Chargers go home.

NFL teams could lose draft pick for interview violations

The NFL has issued a warning to teams that they could lose a draft pick and face significant fines if club representatives conduct themselves unprofessionally in interviews with draft prospects.

In a memo obtained by the AP that was sent to clubs on Wednesday, the league said a team would forfeit a draft pick between the first and fourth round and be fined a minimum of $150,000 if it’s determined a club representative displayed conduct that is “disrespectful, inappropriate, or unprofessional” during an interview. Fines and/or suspensions of individual club employees also could be imposed, according to the memo.

“We aim for dignity, respect and professionalism,” league executive Troy Vincent told the AP. “It’s that simple.”

The league also plans to eliminate the Wonderlic test for prospective players, and it is revising some of its scouting combine drills to better simulate game-related movement. Wide receivers and tight ends will run crossing routes instead of wheel routes, and running backs will run option routes instead of corner and post-corner routes.

</snip>

• Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, Ann said:

The NFL has issued a warning to teams that they could lose a draft pick and face significant fines if club representatives conduct themselves unprofessionally in interviews with draft prospects.

In a memo obtained by the AP that was sent to clubs on Wednesday, the league said a team would forfeit a draft pick between the first and fourth round and be fined a minimum of $150,000 if it’s determined a club representative displayed conduct that is “disrespectful, inappropriate, or unprofessional” during an interview. Fines and/or suspensions of individual club employees also could be imposed, according to the memo.

“We aim for dignity, respect and professionalism,” league executive Troy Vincent told the AP. “It’s that simple.”

The league also plans to eliminate the Wonderlic test for prospective players, and it is revising some of its scouting combine drills to better simulate game-related movement. Wide receivers and tight ends will run crossing routes instead of wheel routes, and running backs will run option routes instead of corner and post-corner routes.

</snip>

As we are currently in a period of history where definitions of words are changing with a great speed, what defines, “disrespectful, inappropriate, or unprofessional” right now, may not be the case when February rolls around.

And no, you can't have the Wonderlic test. In the SJW world we now reside in, no way in hell are you supposed to know if the player you are considering has more in relation to a box of rocks than he (did I just assume a pronoun?) does with rocket science.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ann said:

</snip>

One of the new rules for interviewing potential draftees in the NFL. I guess intelligence is no longer considered important in the league. Pretty soon it will be the Leon Lett League. LLL---easy to remember for most players.
"The league also plans to eliminate the Wonderlic test for prospective players, and it is revising some of its scouting combine drills to better simulate game-related movement.

3 hours ago, Ann said:

No trust!

Of all the stupid crap fabricated by media idiots, this has to be one of the dumbest ever.  Each team is going to take a knee 50 times….right.  Is there really nothing more interesting to discuss?

And as the coach of the team whose defense is on the field last, I’m really going to trust the other guy not to try to score if he decides a win gives him a better seeding.

AT&T Stadium among possible Super Bowl LVI replacement venue options

The NFL has reached out to AT&T Stadium to check on its availability as a backup 2022 Super Bowl venue; Arlington officials say the city is ready to host if needed.

</snip>

The Cowboys source told us "the league did inquire about a date if [the] stadium is available. But that’s all I’ve ever heard. They could be just covering all options just in case."

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy tells WFAA that the NFL indeed has looked into backup venues for this year’s Super Bowl — as, he says, it does every year.

“We plan on playing Super Bowl LVI as scheduled at SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles on Sunday, February 13,” McCarthy said. “As part of our standard contingency planning process that we conduct for all regular and postseason games, we have contacted several clubs to inquire about stadium availability in the event we cannot play the Super Bowl as scheduled due to weather-related issues or unforeseen circumstances. Our planning process for the Super Bowl in Los Angeles is ahead of schedule and we look forward to hosting the Super Bowl there to culminate another fantastic NFL season for our fans and clubs.”

</snip>

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

And as the coach of the team whose defense is on the field last, I’m really going to trust the other guy not to try to score if he decides a win gives him a better seeding.

This hypothetical is the best example of the prisoner's dilemma that I've ever seen.

• Like 2

I’ll put this here because I’m not sure there is a more appropriate thread.

For all the focus on negativity surrounding the Bills, some of which I find valid, I’ve thought throughout 2021 that this same approach would apply to any AFC contender.  I’ll use the Bills as my example of why.  

Right now the Bills have clinched the playoffs but cannot be number one.  Let’s change two plays from the season. 

1. Any play in the Steelers/Lions game that gives the Steelers a W instead of a tie.  In that case the Bills would still not have clinched a playoff berth at all.

2.  Allen gets in from the 2 in Nashville.  In that case the Bills would currently be sitting at the 1 seed.

Crazy and to me it says any playoff team in the AFC has at least some chance of going to the Super Bowl and they all have a good chance to get bounced in their first game.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ann said:

AT&T Stadium among possible Super Bowl LVI replacement venue options

The NFL has reached out to AT&T Stadium to check on its availability as a backup 2022 Super Bowl venue; Arlington officials say the city is ready to host if needed.

Is there going to be ANYTHING funnier than watching the Woke NFL move the biggest sporting event in the world from CA to Texas...because Texas is doing better with COVID?

Man, I hope this happens.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Is there going to be ANYTHING funnier than watching the Woke NFL move the biggest sporting event in the world from CA to Texas...because Texas is doing better with COVID?

Yes.  It'll be funnier to watch "The Squad" successfully push to have the NFL not move the game to Texas because of TX abortion law.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I would guess all future Super Bowls end up in Florida or Texas after this. Maaaaybe New Orleans, although the mayor…