Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

Crap Throwing Clavin
14 hours ago, Ann said:

Legal victory clears path for Broncos to be put up for sale
In Denver’s Second District Court, Judge Shelly Gilman ruled that the right of first refusal is terminated

</snip>

The last remaining hurdle for the Broncos to be put on the market was removed Tuesday in Denver’s Second District Court when Judge Shelly I. Gilman ruled late owner Edgar Kaiser’s right of first refusal provision was not transferrable.

In a 41-page ruling, Gilman wrote, “the right of first refusal … between Edgar F. Kaiser, Jr. and Patrick D. Bowlen … is no longer valid or enforceable in any respect.”

Translation: Broncos president/CEO Joe Ellis can lead the process to sell the team without interference from ROFR Holdings.

</snip>

It is unclear if ROFR Holdings will appeal the ruling.

The Broncos are expected to command a record sale price for an American pro sports franchise. The current NFL record is $2.275 billion for the Carolina Panthers in 2018 when purchased by David Tepper.

The Broncos could be sold for as much as $4 billion.

</snip>

Terry Pegula's net worth is about to go up.

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

4 billion! That is just crazy. What is the next team going to sell for in four, five years, 10/15 billion?

58 minutes ago, Foxx said:

4 billion! That is just crazy. What is the next team going to sell for in four, five years, 10/15 billion?

It is crazy in that I do not think that the NFL has much growth left to be had.  The negative is if this comes to pass the days of the NFL in small markets such as Buffalo, Cleveland, and even Green Bay will likely be over.  I'm old enough to remember despite Al Davis' mischief that talk of the Raiders leaving California was considered heresy.  That the city of Houston "had to" come through to keep the Oilers.  Somebody spends 4B on a team will most likely know that there is more revenue to be had by moving than staying in a market of 3, 4, 5 or more million people whose economy peaked when Jimmy Carter was in the White House.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Core Four said:

You all will have to excuse me a while...I have a team to buy.  I'll let Peyton Manning run it as GM. 😁

It is guestimated that Elway owns 20% of the Broncos...

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

It is crazy in that I do not think that the NFL has much growth left to be had.  The negative is if this comes to pass the days of the NFL in small markets such as Buffalo, Cleveland, and even Green Bay will likely be over.  I'm old enough to remember despite Al Davis' mischief that talk of the Raiders leaving California was considered heresy.  That the city of Houston "had to" come through to keep the Oilers.  Somebody spends 4B on a team will most likely know that there is more revenue to be had by moving than staying in a market of 3, 4, 5 or more million people whose economy peaked when Jimmy Carter was in the White House.

Agreed for the most part. If I had any quibble with your characterization, it would be that the NFL needs the small market teams. They help to solidify the national fervor that the league has built. Remove them from the smaller population areas and you begin to centralize fan bases which can't be a good thing. They will have to look at their revenue sharing if it becomes a greater disparity than where it is now.

13 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Agreed for the most part. If I had any quibble with your characterization, it would be that the NFL needs the small market teams. They help to solidify the national fervor that the league has built. Remove them from the smaller population areas and you begin to centralize fan bases which can't be a good thing. They will have to look at their revenue sharing if it becomes a greater disparity than where it is now.

Case in point: LA Chargers and Rams. Unlike small market teams, the fans only show up and spend when they're winning.  You need Buffalo, Cleveland, Green Bay fans or the NFL will turn into soccer.

19 minutes ago, Ann said:

It's hard for an old person like me to adjust to these changes:

4th.jpg.a1b00ae48496eda17a51bbe7bebf5a72.jpg

Anyone have stats on going for it on 4th and 1 on your own 18? All 12 Charger fans are curious.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Core Four said:

You all will have to excuse me a while...I have a team to buy.  I'll let Peyton Manning run it as GM. 😁

Let me know if you need me to loan you a billion or so to make it happen. I can check my couch for loose change.

9 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Unrealized capital gains. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, snafu said:

Unrealized capital gains. 

But that's okay.  He's already paid his fair share this year and gifted a win to the &#%$ing Jags...

20 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

But that's okay.  He's already paid his fair share this year and gifted a win to the &#%$ing Jags...

So did Irsay have gift envy?

Doesn't sound like Nagy is a very supportive or competent OC and QB coach.  A 'my way or the highway' type guy who has ridden Andy Reid's coat tails.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Doesn't sound like Nagy is a very supportive or competent OC and QB coach.  A 'my way or the highway' type guy who has ridden Andy Reid's coat tails.

Sometimes when people are given power they don't handle it very well.

• Like 1