Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

22 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I think Morse at a minimum gets restructured because centers are way harder to replace than guards.  Not sure what the plan is with Williams but your points are clearly valid.

Yeah. I don't think they dump Mitch Morse. If he decided to retire, that would be one thing, but as you say, center is too difficult to replace to actively initiate that hole.  It also seemed to me Mitch played better once Bates was on the line.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
19 minutes ago, Ann said:

Yeah. I don't think they dump Mitch Morse. If he decided to retire, that would be one thing, but as you say, center is too difficult to replace to actively initial that hole.  It also seemed to me Mitch played better once Bates was on the line.

People always underestimate how much individual line play is impacted by the guys next to them.  I think more than any other position, a good/bad offensive lineman make they guys around him that much better/worse.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 2

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

"I'm going to force Cody Ford to make a decision each play."

There haven't been many huge misses in BB's drafts...but Ford is clearly one.

Y'know, every time I think about the Jags game, I black out. I was so incredibly immersed in the inevitable in real time, I never really understood what happened.

This provides at least a bit of insight. Did the just overload him the whole game?

EDIT: I don't have the cajones to watch it again.

Edited by IDBillzFan

Beer__League__Hockey
56 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Y'know, every time I think about the Jags game, I black out. I was so incredibly immersed in the inevitable in real time, I never really understood what happened.

This provides at least a bit of insight. Did the just overload him the whole game?

EDIT: I don't have the cajones to watch it again.

No, the Jags have a bunch of athletic DTs and DEs, and they stunted the shit out of the Bills on every passing down.  Cody has no idea how to handle/hand off & catch stunting d-lineman.

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1

50 minutes ago, Beer__League__Hockey said:

No, the Jags have a bunch of athletic DTs and DEs, and they stunted the shit out of the Bills on every passing down.  Cody has no idea how to handle/hand off & catch stunting d-lineman.

Yeah, I'd be amazed if Cody's not  out of a job here shortly.

Edited by Joe

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Too bad he can't condition Kyler Murray to win a game without DeAngelo Hopkins.

I love the fact that he was whining about UB and their lack of winning culture.  Dude...

NFL awards $1 million for studies on cannabinoids' effects on pain management in players

The NFL is awarding $1 million in research funding to two teams of medical researchers to study the effects of cannabinoids on pain management and neuroprotection from concussion in elite football players.

Medical teams from the University of California San Diego and University of Regina in Canada were selected from 106 proposals initiated by the NFL and the NFL Players Association's Joint Pain Management Committee in June 2021.

"We're always interested in trying to improve our approach and our treatment for acute and chronic pain in NFL players, and we always want to make sure that our players are receiving the most up-to-date medical consensus around any of these treatments," NFL chief medical officer Dr. Allen Sills told The Associated Press. "So, our burden of proof is really high for NFL players. Anytime we want to introduce a new therapy, we have to understand how that decision might impact their well-being and their performance. We know there's been a lot of interest in this area, but we did not feel like there was a lot of great solid research on the benefits of marijuana, CBD and treating acute and chronic pain. So, that's why we wanted to try to contribute to the body of science in this area."

</snip>

• Facepalm 1
  • O Rly 1

New York Giants hire Laura Young as director of coaching operations

The New York Giants and new coach Brian Daboll are adding Laura Young as the team's director of coaching operations, sources told ESPN. It is believed to be the Giants' first known hire of a woman on the coaching side.

Young comes from the Buffalo Bills, with whom she was the player services coordinator. She was previously the manager of football administration and assistant to the head coach for the Bills, and she worked for the New York Jets and Baltimore Ravens before her time in Buffalo.

Young will work closely with Daboll, who was hired late last week after four years as the Bills' offensive coordinator. She joins several others from Buffalo now with the Giants, including offensive line coach Bobby Johnson and quarterbacks coach Shea Tierney.

</snip>