Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

40 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Rob Gronkowski said he wants to play with Joe Burrow now that Tom Brady’s retired

by: Hayden Bird Boston Globe Media

Rob Gronkowski likes to be in the news

:classic_cool:

The bad news is that this will delay the making of the Tennessee Tuxedo movie because it would be a waste to cast anyone other than Gronk as Chumley.

• Haha 5
  • Applause 2

7 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

The bad news is that this will delay the making of the Tennessee Tuxedo movie because it would be a waste to cast anyone other than Gronk as Chumley.

I always kinda saw him as Cad to Belichick's Simon Bar Sinister.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Roger is just trying to shove the NFL down the rest of the world's throats.  He doesn't realize that they don't care.  Roger's greed knows no bounds.

2 hours ago, Ann said:

First, I’d like to point out that I am in no way, shape or form responsible for this. No one form the NFL consulted me personally before making this decision. Not making excuses, just stating facts. 

Second, it’s worth looking at this from the NFL’s perspective. In their perfect world, they’d probably add a whole new division. The European division. There’d be one team for the UK, another for Germany, one for France. The fourth team would be for Italy, Spain, or Russia. 

I think that they regard the occasional game in Europe as a way of building European interest, as well as testing to see how many Europeans will actually buy tickets for games. Also it’s a way of building relationships with European television networks. I’m not sure if they’ll ever have that European division, but I think that’s their end game. 

50 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

I think that they regard the occasional game in Europe as a way of building European interest, as well as testing to see how many Europeans will actually buy tickets for games. Also it’s a way of building relationships with European television networks. I’m not sure if they’ll ever have that European division, but I think that’s their end game. 

I think you're at least on to something, if not completely right.  The NFL might be close to hitting a ceiling with revenue here in the States.  So the answer to creating a bigger, wealthier NFL is to expand to other countries.  What Roger is missing is the fact that American football is not European football (i.e. soccer).  I don't see Europe really caring for, or understanding the game.  The closest thing Europe has to American football is probably rugby, and how big is that here?

They're also planning another game in Mexico City, I assume for future expansion interests.  Maybe the Denver Broncos will move to Mexico City and be the Pack Mules, or something like that.

12 hours ago, Ann said:

Munchen is a very nice city. If The Bills are there, I hope it's during Octoberfest! Ein Prost!image.png.b2bf21b8b998d303ce47e9cb5b36d905.pngimage.png.34cfd335ae17985b26b542c3b1824c64.pngimage.png.6f47bb10e8dd5288c9c0f5d772778297.png

Edited by Nanker
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 hours ago, Core Four said:

I think you're at least on to something, if not completely right.  The NFL might be close to hitting a ceiling with revenue here in the States.  So the answer to creating a bigger, wealthier NFL is to expand to other countries.  What Roger is missing is the fact that American football is not European football (i.e. soccer).  I don't see Europe really caring for, or understanding the game.  The closest thing Europe has to American football is probably rugby, and how big is that here?

They're also planning another game in Mexico City, I assume for future expansion interests.  Maybe the Denver Broncos will move to Mexico City and be the Pack Mules, or something like that.

Crossing borders will not help in terms of quality of the products.  It will give them the incredible revenue they desire if interest is big in other parts of the world.  I said a few weeks ago that small demographic teams would be at serious risk of relocating to other parts of the US and they certainly could wind up in other parts of the world as well.  The talent base is not there in the US college ranks to expand by several teams.  Further, a junior league would not work as people from new demographics would hunger to see the top product that is associated with NFL playoff caliber teams.  The Bills would be at risk and if the Packers underwent a slump such as what they saw from the late 1960's through the early 1990's they would be very vulnerable as well.  

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 hours ago, Ann said:

Ah, Munich...the cradle of Naziism.  Clearly a sop to the white supremacists who run the plantation system that enslaves black athletes that is the NFL.  [/Deadspin]

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Crossing borders will not help in terms of quality of the products.  It will give them the incredible revenue they desire if interest is big in other parts of the world.  I said a few weeks ago that small demographic teams would be at serious risk of relocating to other parts of the US and they certainly could wind up in other parts of the world as well.  The talent base is not there in the US college ranks to expand by several teams.  Further, a junior league would not work as people from new demographics would hunger to see the top product that is associated with NFL playoff caliber teams.  The Bills would be at risk and if the Packers underwent a slump such as what they saw from the late 1960's through the early 1990's they would be very vulnerable as well.  

The NFL will fail under its own weight.  Roger and the owners are getting too greedy.  If, for example, the Bills are forced to leave Buffalo, I'm done with it.

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, Core Four said:

The NFL will fail under its own weight.  Roger and the owners are getting too greedy.  If, for example, the Bills are forced to leave Buffalo, I'm done with it.

Imagine trying to get Germans to accept highly paid American athletes and their off field issues?  Good luck with that.

MLB would have much easier time expanding elsewhere and they can't figure out how to do it.  The NFL has a 0% chance of ever being successful in that endeavor.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

NFL Europe was a rousing success

Exactly.  NFL Europe has been gone for how many years?  Some might say it was just an offseason/minor league, which is true, but it was never popular.

Billsandhorns
Just now, Core Four said:

Exactly.  NFL Europe has been gone for how many years?  Some might say it was just an offseason/minor league, which is true, but it was never popular.

If I remember correctly. It was meant to be a minor league. It just didn't catch on. Like was already mentioned. Europe doesn't have much interest in it

2 hours ago, Core Four said:

Yes, the NFL is the Roman Empire around 200 AD and Goodell is the oblivious emperor who thinks that the empire is good for another 1000 years.  

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Yes, the NFL is the Roman Empire around 200 AD and Goodell is the oblivious emperor who thinks that the empire is good for another 1000 years.  

the-tree-of-liberty-must-be-refreshed-from-time-to-time-with-the-blood-of-patriots-and-tyrants-thomas-jefferson-safety-quote.png

Most people learn things the hard way.  Appointed "leaders" are rarely different.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1