Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

Billsandhorns
6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Well, why WOULDN'T he?

Who ever heard of finding a good steak in KC?  Gotta use something to make it edible.  😉

He went to college in TX 

52 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

He went to college in TX 

You apparently totally missed the sarcasm of the post.

Not getting a good steak in KC is as likely as not finding lobster in a Maine seafood place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe said:

Allow me to clarify:

Here we have a woman that's caused something of a problem for old Pat.

She's basically holding him hostage since he was a teenager. I applaud him for sticking with the mother of his child, but he's shown some pretty poor judgement in not keeping her a bit more in check.

If my wife was out spraying random people in a stadium with champagne, REALLY difficult discussions would be taking place behind closed doors.

None of which has anything to do with the fact that the "dude makes millions' beyond the fact that she probably feels entitled and justified in her little immature Tik Tok look-at-me world.

If anything, it speaks to their upbringing and apparent desire to not hire handlers.

I don't care who you are; if you find yourself in a position where you're about to bank a quarter billion dollars, you better surround yourself with people who know how to keep you and your family out of shit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

None of which has anything to do with the fact that the "dude makes millions' beyond the fact that she probably feels entitled and justified in her little immature Tik Tok look-at-me world.

If anything, it speaks to their upbringing and apparent desire to not hire handlers.

I don't care who you are; if you find yourself in a position where you're about to bank a quarter billion dollars, you better surround yourself with people who know how to keep you and your family out of shit.

Or barring that, get good at handling shit yourself.

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

Or barring that, get good at handling shit yourself.

There's no sign of him being able to do that.

And at the risk of sounding biased, you don't see shit like this happening with Josh Allen. You know why? Because his father and mother would kick the shit out of him and put him back digging trenches in Firebaugh to remind him where he came from.

I don't think Mahomes has that foundation. You'd think someone in the organization, even a former KC pro, would reach out to him. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

There's no sign of him being able to do that.

And at the risk of sounding biased, you don't see shit like this happening with Josh Allen. You know why? Because his father and mother would kick the shit out of him and put him back digging trenches in Firebaugh to remind him where he came from.

I don't think Mahomes has that foundation. You'd think someone in the organization, even a former KC pro, would reach out to him. 

I thought he came from a pretty solid family

4 hours ago, Joe said:

If that's the case, it's even worse. If nothing else, the parents should at least be grabbing his little brother and pulling him  back. At best, they should be having dinner alone with Patrick to have a conversation.

I understand why women haven't held many football coaching positions, but it's good to see more of them getting the opportunity. This isn't an equality thing. It's a "look far and wide for the best possible person" thing.

What I don't know is how the team handles the stuff that comes out of players' mouths in front of a woman because, y'know, they can get a bit salty.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I understand why women haven't held many football coaching positions, but it's good to see more of them getting the opportunity. This isn't an equality thing. It's a "look far and wide for the best possible person" thing.

What I don't know is how the team handles the stuff that comes out of players' mouths in front of a woman because, y'know, they can get a bit salty.

I think if a woman is going to be a coach at the NFL level she has heard plenty of foul language come out of player's mouths.

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I was a male nurse for over 40 years.

Believe you me, women can talk as bad as any man.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 2

Deranged Rhino
6 hours ago, Joe said:

Pretty sure he does. In laws live in TX, "nearby" Mahomes family (which, in TX seems to mean within 100 miles) and have said as much to me. 

2 hours ago, Core Four said:

He'll be the next HC of the Steelers.  Tomlin is getting stale and wearing out his welcome.

Okay, so Tomlin gets fired and Flores takes his job. At that point, does Flores file another lawsuit, pointing at Tomlin's firing as an example of yet another black coach getting fired?

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, Arm of Harm said:

Okay, so Tomlin gets fired and Flores takes his job. At that point, does Flores file another lawsuit, pointing at Tomlin's firing as an example of yet another black coach getting fired?

No, Flores will not play the racism card because he gets the HC gig, which is what he wants.  Tomlin can't complain about racism when he gets canned, because Flores is black.  Steelers covered all bases.

18 hours ago, B-Man said:

Was the transition tough?

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, B-Man said:

How many times did they call you a Focker?

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Core Four said:

No, Flores will not play the racism card because he gets the HC gig, which is what he wants.  Tomlin can't complain about racism when he gets canned, because Flores is black.  Steelers covered all bases.

Until Tomlin gets fired, he announces he identifies as a woman, and he hires lawyers to sue the Steeler and NFL in the name of gender equality.

9 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Until Tomlin gets fired, he announces he identifies as a woman, and he hires lawyers to sue the Steeler and NFL in the name of gender equality.

Thanks for conjuring up nightmares that the NFL definitely doesn't need.  That would be something, though...