Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Yeah, they signed Bienemy to a 1-year deal recently. I'm not sure if Nagy is the right guy here...but we'll see.

at a minimum, he's not feuding with the star QB

5 hours ago, Ann said:

I’m very happy the phrase “former Panther” is not associated with this particular TE. No way do I want to see him in a Bills uniform, especially not at that price! 😯

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Those are awful numbers...but keep in mind who's throwing to him those last two seasons, though.  Sam Darnold, Tedy Bridgewater, Cam Newton, PJ Walker.  Not exactly a "Who's who" of elite quarterbacking.  

You have a point. But if I’m a GM, no way do I even consider a salary like that for Thomas even with what you just said. 

Without looking up any numbers, let’s pretend for the sake of argument that over the last two Bills quarterbacks have thrown 40% more yards than Panthers quarterbacks. So then you add 40% to Thomas’ pass catching totals. 40% of 150 yards is 60 yards. 150 + 60 = 210, so you figure he would have 210 receiving yards a year if catching passes from Allen. I’m not paying $5 million a year for that. 

• Like 1

And they still have a ways to go...

Saints create nearly $34M in salary-cap space by restructuring Michael Thomas, Ryan Ramczyk, Andrus Peat contracts

</snip>

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported the Saints created nearly $34 million in cap space by restructuring three marquee contracts: wide receiver Michael Thomas, offensive tackle Ryan Ramczyk and guard Andrus Peat. Rapoport adds that Thomas' and Ramczyk's restructuring netted more than $26 million in cap space, while Peat's created an additional $7.8 million.

New Orleans now sits roughly $42 million over the projected salary-cap of $202.8 million after Saturday's adjustments, per Spotrac.

</snip>

• Facepalm 2

Buccaneers Pro Bowl guard Ali Marpet stunningly retires from NFL at 28

Ali Marpet, the Pro Bowl guard for the Buccaneers, announced his retirement from the NFL at just 28 years old on Sunday afternoon.

“After seven formidable years with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, I’ve come to the decision to retire from the game that has given me so much,” Marpet wrote in an Instagram post.

“This organization and the people surrounding it have not only helped fulfill a dream, but also helped build me into the person I am today. I’ve made Tampa Bay my home and I look forward to serving this community in the coming years. To the coaches and teammates, family and friends, an Instagram post simply can’t express the profound impact you’ve had on me. I’m eternally grateful. Thank you Tampa Bay.”

</snip>

• Like 2
  • Cheers 4

11 hours ago, Ann said:

Buccaneers Pro Bowl guard Ali Marpet stunningly retires from NFL at 28

Ali Marpet, the Pro Bowl guard for the Buccaneers, announced his retirement from the NFL at just 28 years old on Sunday afternoon.

“After seven formidable years with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, I’ve come to the decision to retire from the game that has given me so much,” Marpet wrote in an Instagram post.

“This organization and the people surrounding it have not only helped fulfill a dream, but also helped build me into the person I am today. I’ve made Tampa Bay my home and I look forward to serving this community in the coming years. To the coaches and teammates, family and friends, an Instagram post simply can’t express the profound impact you’ve had on me. I’m eternally grateful. Thank you Tampa Bay.”

</snip>

I'm kind of surprised we don't see more of this. Playing in the NFL seems like a lot of fun, but if I'd had five or so years to take it all in and was already a multimillionaire, I'm not sure I'd be too eager to sign up for training camp followed by a grueling 17 game season where your chance of injury is close to 100% and chance of catastrophic injury isn't exactly negligible. At that point I think I could probably find more desirable ways to spend my time. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Robs House said:

I'm kind of surprised we don't see more of this. Playing in the NFL seems like a lot of fun, but if I'd had five or so years to take it all in and was already a multimillionaire, I'm not sure I'd be too eager to sign up for training camp followed by a grueling 17 game season where your chance of injury is close to 100% and chance of catastrophic injury isn't exactly negligible. At that point I think I could probably find more desirable ways to spend my time. 

Sometimes all it needs is a little persuasion.

omg.jpg.ccfce7d8a2a995131b9152248107a83a.jpg

58 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Sometimes all it needs is a little persuasion.

omg.jpg.ccfce7d8a2a995131b9152248107a83a.jpg

I'm going out on a limb and predicting the guy sitting on the couch to the left is going to be a great quarterback once he gets out of puberty.

Seasons1992
1 hour ago, devnull said:

I dunno about Buffalo hosting the draft.  All those tables would just tempt Bills Mafia...

I remember watching the draft in Nashville. At one point, Trey Wingo said "this isn't Nashville any more, it's Buffalo South."

Can you imagine a draft there and how insane that would be? 

• Like 3

Deranged Rhino
21 hours ago, Ann said:

If Green Bay can host the draft, Buffalo certainly can:

green.jpg.b990d14f96a504c5aaf21ea5e0846f64.jpg

I have a feeling the NFL is waiting on them to get the new stadium built first. Then I would expect the league would grant Buffalo a  chance to host the draft and possible a super bowl (if it’s domed). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Arizona Cardinals: "Hey Kyler, pick a number. We'll get to you when we get to you."