Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

47 minutes ago, Robs House said:

white knights

I wonder if the Washington Football Team considered this name.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, snafu said:

Ooooohhhhhh.

Can we afford that?

After seeing the Rodgers deal + Green Bay franchise tagging Davante Adams I am starting to think the salary cap is smoke and mirrors.

• Like 3
  • O Rly 1

Deranged Rhino
32 minutes ago, snafu said:

Ooooohhhhhh.

Can we afford that?

There are rumors - just rumors - that a "star" NFL player was reaching out to Buffalo rather than the other way around. Could be Gronk, could be Chandler Jones - but I've heard from some agency folks that it was Robinson. And if you think about it, it makes sense. Robinson got hosed the last two years in Chicago. He's got the chance for one more big contract in his "prime", he can either roll the dice in FA and take that now (which he's now the clear best WR on the market with the tags on Adams, Williams, and Godwin likely to stay in Tampa), and get a pretty good deal. Or, he can try for a megadeal by playing a one year "rehab" year with Allen, maybe get a ring, then cash in in '23 when there are even more teams flush with cash. 

Will that happen? :shrug: 

• Like 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

The NFL is a private business in the public eye. They don't need to get directly involved, but they need to stand for something, and if you can't stand up for a battered woman, then I question why they bother standing up for anything.

They don't actually need to stand up for something. 

But if they're going to, they shouldn't be so half-assed about it.  I'd respect them more if they came right out and said "Hey, we just play football" rather than trying to implement this inconsistent, incoherent excuse for a policy they have now.

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

There are rumors - just rumors - that a "star" NFL player was reaching out to Buffalo rather than the other way around. Could be Gronk, could be Chandler Jones - but I've heard from some agency folks that it was Robinson. And if you think about it, it makes sense. Robinson got hosed the last two years in Chicago. He's got the chance for one more big contract in his "prime", he can either roll the dice in FA and take that now (which he's now the clear best WR on the market with the tags on Adams, Williams, and Godwin likely to stay in Tampa), and get a pretty good deal. Or, he can try for a megadeal by playing a one year "rehab" year with Allen, maybe get a ring, then cash in in '23 when there are even more teams flush with cash. 

Will that happen? :shrug: 

I'm all for it as long as it doesn't come at Davis' expense. I hated that Sanders took playing time away from Gabe.

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I'm all for it as long as it doesn't come at Davis' expense. I hated that Sanders took playing time away from Gabe.

That would be a concern for me too as Robinson is a boundary not a slot guy. 

But if Dorsey can't make Diggs/Davis/Robinson/Knox work, we might need to rethink the coordinator position. Diggs can line up anywhere, Gabe is more versatile than just a straight boundary WR2... they'd have to get creative but can you imagine Robinson's catch radius with Josh in the red zone? Might be unstoppable. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

They don't actually need to stand up for something. 

But if they're going to, they shouldn't be so half-assed about it.  I'd respect them more if they came right out and said "Hey, we just play football" rather than trying to implement this inconsistent, incoherent excuse for a policy they have now.

Today, they need to stand for something. It's no longer a question of whether they have to, mostly because the NFL folded like a cheap suit the minute Kaepernick took a knee because he was benched.  He broke the NFL, essentially, even though it wasn't his intent. But he mumbled just the right words, and Goodell was on his knees faster than Kamala Harris at a Willie Brown town hall meeting.

So they have no choice now. The need to stand for something. Unfortunately, it's all -- as you say -- incoherent and inconsistent because he's just playing whack-a-mole at this juncture. Once he gave an inch, they took the whole foot faster than Kamala Harris at a....well, you get the point.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Ann said:

After seeing the Rodgers deal + Green Bay franchise tagging Davante Adams I am starting to think the salary cap is smoke and mirrors.

I made that comment a couple of years ago ATOP, and the number of people who shit on me was impossible to count.

Still won't change my mind. Every time I think someone is in salary cap hell, presto! Here comes Jalen Ramsey and Matthew Stafford and Von Miller! 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

So they have no choice now. The need to stand for something. Unfortunately, it's all -- as you say -- incoherent and inconsistent because he's just playing whack-a-mole at this juncture. Once he gave an inch, they took the whole foot faster than Kamala Harris at a....well, you get the point.

It's been obvious bullshit since they gave Ray Rice a two-week ban for beating his girlfriend...then a lifetime ban for having the temerity to be seen doing it on publicly-released video.  

I think Goodell designs policies around not wanting his nap time disturbed.

Arm of Harm
9 hours ago, Spartacus said:

a lot 

if he rushes the passer

not so much as a TE

I’d be concerned if Knox started rushing Josh Allen. 😮