Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

14 minutes ago, Ann said:

Remember when Bills fans were losing their shit when Beane started getting rid of Sammy Watkins, etc?

I suspect Giants fans are about to go through the same exercise to free up cap space.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Arizona Cardinals: "Hey Kyler, pick a number. We'll get to you when we get to you."

He's probably still sitting at the table.  They forgot he was there since they had no booster chairs.

• Haha 3

Arm of Harm
13 hours ago, Ann said:

I strongly want to see Rudolph the TE end up on the same team as Rudolph the QB. Some Rudolph to Rudolph action would be great, especially on Christmas Day! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

I strongly want to see Rudolph the TE end up on the same team as Rudolph the QB. Some Rudolph to Rudolph action would be great, especially on Christmas Day! 

Sadly, this makes me think of Josh Allen vs. Josh Allen, and now I'm grumpy again.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ann said:

I heard the other day from Kirwan that releasing Cooper would be a big hit in dead cap money.

Tough time to be a Cowboys fan. You walk by the storefront and you're like "Damn, look at all those cool toys." And then you buy them and soon realize they just looked better in the window.

I'm no NFL GM, but if I know the Cowboys are going to release Cooper if they can't get a trade, why would I trade for him?

37 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Never thought of it this way.

lost opportunities and just losses

What can the New York Giants get if they trade Saquon Barkley?

</snip>

A handful of team and league sources were asked what kind of return the Giants could get in a Barkley trade. One general manager suggested a fourth-round pick. That was the best of the projected compensation for the player the Giants drafted second overall in the 2018 NFL draft.

Another executive said a fifth-round pick.

"If you're lucky," he added.

Maybe two fifths, another source estimated.

</snip>

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

What can the New York Giants get if they trade Saquon Barkley?

</snip>

A handful of team and league sources were asked what kind of return the Giants could get in a Barkley trade. One general manager suggested a fourth-round pick. That was the best of the projected compensation for the player the Giants drafted second overall in the 2018 NFL draft.

Another executive said a fifth-round pick.

"If you're lucky," he added.

Maybe two fifths, another source estimated.

</snip>

That's why you don't draft running backs with the 2nd overall pick in the draft.  Barkley was a ridiculous talent coming out of college but the situation he was put in all but guaranteed he was going to end up getting hurt.

Imagine if Cleveland had taken Barkley first and Allen 4th....

31 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That's why you don't draft running backs with the 2nd overall pick in the draft.  Barkley was a ridiculous talent coming out of college but the situation he was put in all but guaranteed he was going to end up getting hurt.

Imagine if Cleveland had taken Barkley first and Allen 4th....

I almost want the Bills to toss them a 4th in thanks for the Giants not taking a much-needed QB with that pick.  Eli was about done, they had a high pick, and they should have taken a QB.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

I almost want the Bills to toss them a 4th in thanks for the Giants not taking a much-needed QB with that pick.  Eli was about done, they had a high pick, and they should have taken a QB.

Gentleman already helped out his Carolina cronies.

nobodyis that stupid on their own

8 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Gentleman already helped out his Carolina cronies.

nobodyis that stupid on their own

Gettleman was never an exceptional GM.  Guys like Star and Butler drafted in the first round indicate this.  What bothers me is how Beane doubled down on those draft misses.

Giants fans would agree here by Gettleman selecting Barkley in the first round in 2017 vs Allen, Mayfield, etc with Eli in the twilight of his career.  Instead, NYG took a QB from U of Richmond in the fifth round, who is no longer in the league.

21 hours ago, Ann said:

I thought they were a lock to take Darnold.  Of course that wouldn’t have been any better than Barkley.  But it might have put Allen on the Jets where his career probably would have been ruined.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Seems Bengals should be looking for new Special teams coordinator

1. 1st he lets the  kicker watch the half time show ( or never noticed he was not in the locker room)

2. then doubles down and mandates he kick better in practice

https://www.outkick.com/bengals-unhappy-over-evan-mcpherson-watching-super-bowl-halftime-show/

During the Pepsi Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show featuring Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Mary J. Blige, Kendrick Lamar and 50 Cent, McPherson apparently wanted to take it all in. Rather than spend his halftime in the locker room, McPherson was seen on the sidelines enjoying the show.

“That’s a sore subject,” Simmons said, via Jay Morrison of The Athletic. “That’s a real sore subject.”

“He needs to become a better practice kicker and kick better than he has,” Simmons said. “Not that it’s poor, but I think for him to be elite and go over the top, he’s got to kick better in practice and learn new things.”

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Seems Bengals should be looking for new Special teams coordinator

1. 1st he lets the  kicker watch the half time show ( or never noticed he was not in the locker room)

2. then doubles down and mandates he kick better in practice

https://www.outkick.com/bengals-unhappy-over-evan-mcpherson-watching-super-bowl-halftime-show/

During the Pepsi Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show featuring Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Mary J. Blige, Kendrick Lamar and 50 Cent, McPherson apparently wanted to take it all in. Rather than spend his halftime in the locker room, McPherson was seen on the sidelines enjoying the show.

“That’s a sore subject,” Simmons said, via Jay Morrison of The Athletic. “That’s a real sore subject.”

“He needs to become a better practice kicker and kick better than he has,” Simmons said. “Not that it’s poor, but I think for him to be elite and go over the top, he’s got to kick better in practice and learn new things.”

Just another example of the media stirring shit up.  The Bengals' kicker is already one of the best in the NFL.  9-11 from 50 in the regular season and 14-for-14 in the playoffs but he needs to be better in practice?  Really?

• Like 2