Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

Antonio Brown is weighing a defamation lawsuit against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I would laugh my ass off if he tried to do this. Since the truth is an absolute defense, the Bucs will almost certainly demand he submit to an independent mental health evaluation (as well as the release of all records of any previous mental health treatment).

• Wow 1

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Are we allowed to dream about adding Kamara to this offense?  Lordy.

Kamara is locked in through 2025, with a potential early out in 2024.  His cap hit is over $14M through 2024.  I wish, but not at those prices, especially for a RB.

4 minutes ago, Ann said:

Is it? Is it though?

id.jpg.946e86c3adc5fbb10efe903893197b2b.jpg

So the plan is to win shootouts with the final score being 56-42?  If this guy was a GM, he would be fired by the end of his first contract period.

1 hour ago, Core Four said:

So the plan is to win shootouts with the final score being 56-42?  If this guy was a GM, he would be fired by the end of his first contract period.

if we're going to make the super bowl and get past the chiefs, that might just be what it takes.

I don't care HOW well you construct your defense. You're not going to stop that offense anywhere consistently enough for it to matter

13 minutes ago, Joe said:

if we're going to make the super bowl and get past the chiefs, that might just be what it takes.

I don't care HOW well you construct your defense. You're not going to stop that offense anywhere consistently enough for it to matter

I agree that in today's NFL you need a potent offense with an above average QB.  We have that, and just need to shore up the Oline a little more with regards to the interior.  We can put up a ton of points, but that is not quite enough as last Sunday demonstrated.

You cannot just ignore the defense and hope to win a shoot out; we lost just that kind of game last Sunday.  You need a competent defense, which includes the DC; that is where we fall short.  I think we have the talent, for the most part.  I'd like to see an upgrade at 1TDT, MLB, and CB2, but you need a DC who can scheme a defense that can at least slow down a KC offense.  You have to be able to force more than 1 punt a half.  Your defense needs to make some stops if your offense isn't clicking and is being stopped by the opponent's defense.  This "just ignore the defense and focus on shootouts" insanity is jut that -- insane.  There are three phases to the game, not just one.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Silly question, and i fully expect silly answers, but what jurisdiction does the House of Representatives have to hold hearings on the workplace environment of a private company?

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, devnull said:

Silly question, and i fully expect silly answers, but what jurisdiction does the House of Representatives have to hold hearings on the workplace environment of a private company?

Article 1, Section 8.  "The Congress shall have power to [...] regulate commerce [...] among the several states..."

Of course, the real reason they're holding hearings is for woke advocacy reasons (again: progressives think the legislature is an advocacy body, and the executive the legislative body).  But if they need to window-dress it with any sort of legal reason, the Commerce Clause is always there to be abused.

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Article 1, Section 8.  "The Congress shall have power to [...] regulate commerce [...] among the several states..."

Of course, the real reason they're holding hearings is for woke advocacy reasons (again: progressives think the legislature is an advocacy body, and the executive the legislative body).  But if they need to window-dress it with any sort of legal reason, the Commerce Clause is always there to be abused.

So basically a publicity stunt and anyone who questions The Narrative is Jim Crow 2.0

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, devnull said:

So basically a publicity stunt and anyone who questions The Narrative is Jim Crow 2.0

Of course.  And you're not the least bit surprised.

When's the last time you saw a Congressional hearing that wasn't a publicity stunt?

And why do you think I added calliope music?

Edited by Crap Throwing Monkey

1 hour ago, Core Four said:

I agree that in today's NFL you need a potent offense with an above average QB.  We have that, and just need to shore up the Oline a little more with regards to the interior.  We can put up a ton of points, but that is not quite enough as last Sunday demonstrated.

If that translates into a competent, complimentary running game, then I agree.

The Bill offense exploded because Singletary ran better in the last six games or so.  I don't know if he's the guy. however. 

And for those who are praising Daboll so much, it took him all of last year plus 2/3 of the season to figure out that the offense needed balance.  Either he didn't see it or he didn't use his personnel right, or he isn't too good at devising running plays.

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Is it? Is it though?

id.jpg.946e86c3adc5fbb10efe903893197b2b.jpg

Great?  Probably.  More than good enough?  Not a luxury.  Swap defensive coordinators in that game and tell me the BILLS aren't winning.

21 minutes ago, snafu said:

I don't know if he's the guy. however.

I don't think he is...he still misses far too many holes, and has this weird penchant for taking outside runs too wide.

• Like 1