Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

18 hours ago, Ann said:

(One video, one audio recording, at the link)

Chiefs LB Willie Gay pleads not guilty in misdemeanor property damage case; dispatch audio captures incident

OVERLAND PARK, KS (KCTV) -- Police dispatch audio from Wednesday night's arrest of Chiefs linebacker Willie Gay sheds some light on officers' approach as they initially worked the incident at The Highlands Apartments in Overland Park.

The first call came in to Overland Park police as a refusal to leave. The woman who called 911 remains on the line with dispatchers while the confrontation with Gay is happening. The dispatch audio does not include the actual conversation between the woman and the 911 call taker, but rather police's communications with each other concerning the call and their response.

NOTE: The dispatch audio includes allegations by the woman against Gay that have not been proven. As of Friday, Gay has been charged with misdemeanor criminal damage under $1,000, which is, according to charging documents filed in Johnson County District Court, "a Class B non-person misdemeanor, which constitutes a domestic violence offense." Gay pleaded not guilty on Thursday.

</snip>

Here the Police must make an arrest if the call is for domestic violence. It’s a felony here… probably even it’s a Hoover that gets kicked across the room. 

6 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I may still just be high from Saturday's game, but the best thing that can happen to Ravens fans if it they lose Roman and Lamar. At first, I didn't care for him because he got so much hype that I couldn't understand. Then I started to see Josh Allen get better at throwing a football -- committed to honing his craft every off season -- but not see Lamar improve as a passer. 

The sooner the team figures out Lamar is at his ceiling, the better.

Could be wrong.  

Don’t think you are. Color me unimpressed. He was a phenom his first year mostly because nobody - including most Defensive Coordinators didn’t think he could throw and be effective He couldn’t and still can’t very well. But he could run and be quite effective, and Roman leveraged that talent and took most opponents off guard. 

10 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Where the &#%$ have you been?   Studying worm holes or some shit?

He may have actually been in one.

11 hours ago, Robs House said:

It's interesting to me how many Ravens fans seem to think they'd be better off with Greg Roman gone. Maybe they should be careful what they wish for. I'd be real interested to see how Lamar fares without Roman's offense built around him.

If they don't do something next season, Harbaugh might be the next one out the door.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 11:43 AM, devnull said:

You know who else played in Germany?

Hitler

That was one confused team. They blitzed on offense and on numerous occasions dropped the ball while they waved hi to Hitler. 

8 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I may still just be high from Saturday's game, but the best thing that can happen to Ravens fans if it they lose Roman and Lamar. At first, I didn't care for him because he got so much hype that I couldn't understand. Then I started to see Josh Allen get better at throwing a football -- committed to honing his craft every off season -- but not see Lamar improve as a passer. 

The sooner the team figures out Lamar is at his ceiling, the better.

Could be wrong.  

I think that's right. In fact, I think his best days are behind him. His freakish athletic traits have masked a lot of his deficiencies, and that's largely due to the guy who made Tie rod Taylor look like a viable NFL starter building an offense around his specific skill set. It's fair to wonder how he would fare in another system, or even how long he can continue to thrive in Roman's.

Although he appears to have improved as a passer, he's still pretty bad by NFL standards. At some point he's going to lose a step.  It'll be interesting to see how he performs when opposing defenses don't have to sell out to stop the run.

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

If they don't do something next season, Harbaugh might be the next one out the door.

He'd have a new job before the Ravens finished making the announcement of his firing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

He'd have a new job before the Ravens finished making the announcement of his firing. 

No doubt. My thought there was based upon the impression that I don't think the Ravens would be very patient. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

No doubt. My thought there was based upon the impression that I don't think the Ravens wouldn't be very patient. 

I don't know.  I look at them an awful lot like the Steelers - they seem to value continuity more than anything else. 

I'm  absolutely shocked Tomlin isn't facing even a whisper of a firing squad.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't know.  I look at them an awful lot like the Steelers - they seem to value continuity more than anything else. 

Probably wasn't his decision to bring Ben back the last two years. And then making the playoffs with this year's team?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The Rooney's probably should look at other options.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ann said:

Probably wasn't his decision to bring Ben back the last two years. And then making the playoffs with this year's team?

I understand there are other factors...but Tomlin has regularly come up really small in big games, even when his team had a lot more talent.

There's no way they sniff the playoffs if Lamar or Baker were healthy the whole season.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I understand there are other factors...but Tomlin has regularly come up really small in big games, even when his team had a lot more talent.

There's no way they sniff the playoffs if Lamar or Baker were healthy the whole season.

Rogers to Pittsburgh this off season would not surprise me. Maybe he’s still under contract though. 

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Rogers to Pittsburgh this off season would not surprise me. Maybe he’s still under contract though. 

I don't think Rodgers ego let's him go anywhere he can't wear #12

18 hours ago, devnull said:

With the end of the Rams at Bucs, I can enjoy 3 weeks without any commercials for the Olympics or This is Us

Serena. Matrix

Serena. Matrix.

Enough already.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Serena. Matrix

Serena. Matrix.

Enough already.

I'm not sure which ones are worse, Serena, Verizon or the NFLN's, mental health.

Just now, Foxx said:

I'm not sure which ones are worse, Serena, Verizon or the NFLN's, mental health.

The trifecta of terrible commercials.

• Cheers 1