Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

15 hours ago, mead107 said:

Texans WR Will Fuller announces six-game suspension for violating NFL PED policy 

Another Texans:

26 minutes ago, GG1 said:

In a sense, McDermott saved his career in Buffalo with the Allen pick, because everything he did leading up to his second season was suspect at best.

Well, to paraphrase Buddy Nix: If you get a franchise QB, you look like a genius no matter what.

1 minute ago, Koko said:

Well, to paraphrase Buddy Nix: If you get a franchise QB, you look like a genius no matter what.

A truly ironic statement by Buddy, who never truly swung for a QB until it was too late.

For all his faults, Donahoe was very aggressive in trying to land the franchise QB.  In the end, his personality doomed his efforts because the former Steeler castoffs in Houston & Jax wanted no part of trading with him to allow Bills to move up and draft Big Ben.  Icing on Donahoe's cake that Ben ended up in Pitt.

54 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Just getting back to this.  Another great long form piece from Dunne.

There are a few loose ends though, as I don't truly buy McD's explanations that he passed on Mahomes because he wanted to send a message to the veterans that he was not rebuilding.  If that were the case, they wouldn't have gutted the roster of talented malcontents and underachievers in the summer.

I also don't believe Monos's rationalization that they believed Mahomes could last to the end of the round. There were many evaluations that had Mahomes in top 10, and very few had him dropping to the bottom of round 1.  

In a sense, McDermott saved his career in Buffalo with the Allen pick, because everything he did leading up to his second season was suspect at best.

It's proof that people get married to an idea, no matter how dumb it is.  If you have what you consider a franchise QB available to you in the NFL draft, you take him.  PERIOD.  God this franchise has done some damn dumb things over the years.

I can't say much about Mahomes the college player because I never really saw anything of him other than highlights.  The guy I wanted was Watson because he had "big time player" written all over him just from how he performed in the Championship game against an Alabama defense that was loaded with NFL players.

Hopefully we win a couple of Super Bowls with JA because he's a great dude and he's tailor-made physically to play in Buffalo.  Mahomes' size and injury history are about the only negatives about him.  Well...and that hair.  Jeebus.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ann said:

Whoa...

What happened to TT could happen to anyone.  The only grievance he could really have is if they didn't tell him the possible outcomes of taking the shot.  Having a lung punctured isn't out of the ordinary.

33 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

What happened to TT could happen to anyone.  The only grievance he could really have is if they didn't tell him the possible outcomes of taking the shot.  Having a lung punctured isn't out of the ordinary.

Still pretty classy that TT will not sue. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Still pretty classy that TT will not sue. 

No argument, though I suspect there was some kinda quid pro quo on the Chargers part. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

No argument, though I suspect there was some kinda quid pro quo on the Chargers part. 

Probably. I would think he'd like to hang on to his Charger gig for the next year or two.

• Like 1

Thursday's NFL injury and roster news for Week 13

</snip>

Miami Dolphins coach Brian Flores told reporters Thursday that rookie quarterback Tua Tagovailoa will be a game-time decision for Sunday's bout with the Bengals.

"He was limited in practice. We'll take it one day at a time. Both quarterbacks practiced yesterday. We'll see how he progresses throughout the week and make a decision on Sunday," Flores said.

</snip>

12 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Were I the 49ers owner, I'd give serious consideration to moving the team out of CA.

You could almost make the case that the 49ers could sustain a fan base in Arizona. I don't think it's logical for them to share the same stadium like the two teams in NJ, but this is definitely something I could get behind, if for no other reason that it would be the king mother of all FUs to that shithole.

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

You could almost make the case that the 49ers could sustain a fan base in Arizona. I don't think it's logical for them to share the same stadium like the two teams in NJ, but this is definitely something I could get behind, if for no other reason that it would be the king mother of all FUs to that shithole.

It would be even better if they moved to Vegas with the Raiders.  The ultimate FU to the Bay Area.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Were I the 49ers owner, I'd give serious consideration to moving the team out of CA.

The St Louis 49ers doesn't flow well.

Seahawks WR Josh Gordon conditionally reinstated by NFL

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell conditionally reinstated Gordon on Thursday. The receiver will be eligible to return for the final two games of the 2020 season.

Gordon can begin COVID-19 testing Friday and join the club on Dec. 9, assuming negative tests. He can then attend meetings, meet individually with the coaching staff, and work out at the club facility. Gordan will be eligible to begin attending practice on Dec. 21, following the team's Week 15 game, and play in Weeks 16 and 17.

</snip>

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Seahawks WR Josh Gordon conditionally reinstated by NFL

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell conditionally reinstated Gordon on Thursday. The receiver will be eligible to return for the final two games of the 2020 season.

Gordon can begin COVID-19 testing Friday and join the club on Dec. 9, assuming negative tests. He can then attend meetings, meet individually with the coaching staff, and work out at the club facility. Gordan will be eligible to begin attending practice on Dec. 21, following the team's Week 15 game, and play in Weeks 16 and 17.

</snip>

The "Steve Howe" of the NFL..........

😎

On 12/1/2020 at 10:25 AM, Alaska Darin said:

Hopefully we win a couple of Super Bowls with JA because he's a great dude and he's tailor-made physically to play in Buffalo.  Mahomes' size and injury history are about the only negatives about him.  Well...and that hair.  Jeebus.

Josh Allen has been compared most to Wentz and Rothlesberger. Both got hurt and one regressed, while the other is the same or even better.

The jury is still out on Mahomes long term, but it is unlikely his magic is eternal. One injury to QB or receiver can change everything.

My guess is JA is more a more of a Rothlesberger2 than a Wentz2. 

• Like 2